GPGSL S15 - R14: British Grand Prix - Silverstone

Posted by GPGSL 
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its common knowlegde that who is doing RD duties
> is getting extra boost points.

That's not a dumb idea. We are struggling to find people to volunteer to RD races so why not offer a small boost to the RD of a race as an incentive to run a race weekend?

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Soutsen Wrote:
> Okay, I'll take my nerd hat just as n00binho did
> and make one just to clarify what I meant with my
> initial post

I hope with these allegations and spreadsheets, you are also factoring in the strong perf ratings that allow a driver to be at the front of the pack. Also then include the team perfs.

I can personally vouch for having RD’ed several races, where drivers have dominated, and CLEARLY dominated, which surprised me as I watched on. How would you explain the meteoric rise of Tyrant? Was that cheating? No - just GP4 gods smiling, good boost strategy that paid off. 2 seasons of success with team and driver boosts improving each round. I know I RD’d several races where Tyrant blew away the field Chesting? No, just the way the perfs and GP4 operate….

To me, you are making wild accusations and potentially damaging the future of the series. And for what? It is just a game! If Tobi was to be cheating (or anyone else for that matter), I would have expected far more success for them!
Right now, this witch hunt of yours is just plain ridiculous… if you had a genuine gripe over the integrity of races, you should have directed it to the GPGSL Board, where there enough of us who have been around long enough to know when something isn’t all it appears.

That’s all I want to discuss about it his publicly. Nothing to see, as far as I see. I would back our man Tobi….

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Re: GPGSL S15 - R1 - Australian GP [Free Practice online p.6]
Date: September 01, 2021 05:36PM
Posted by: Dom
P17 to P7 - that was a really good race on my side! Huge thanks to the team and also congrats to Chris on a similarly impressive comeback.

And last but certainly not least - congrats to Tobi, Aidan and Nico on the podium finishes ;)

Dominik Karda | MAC Racing - #7 - Race Driver
shep34 Wrote:
> I hope with these allegations and spreadsheets,
> you are also factoring in the strong perf ratings
> that allow a driver to be at the front of the
> pack. Also then include the team perfs.
>
> I can personally vouch for having RD’ed several
> races, where drivers have dominated, and CLEARLY
> dominated, which surprised me as I watched on. How
> would you explain the meteoric rise of Tyrant?

Why would I take in place the perfs? BHP values mean so little since the formulas have changed to prevent AMR dominance when Greenhalgh was winning everything. People complain about the double engine boosts do nothing here and there:
1, 2,3,4, 5 and these are just ones I was able to find quicky using a google search. So this is exactly why we can have any team to go and win due to having a good season (Tyrant S12) and drop to the bottom despite being a contender since like forever (AMR S14). It's because the values are equalised at the start of the season and difference between them is 3 bhp, which means almost nothing to the game really.
Driver values are pretty much getting equal in the same way at the start of the season, so you have Pedersen having a disastrous S12 or Luke Russell being a title contender for S13 simply because the values are pretty much equal at the start. What do we have now? Pedersen with the highest 16065 and Bouchard with the lowest 16027 - the difference is 38 while the variance is 400. SDI explained how the variance works and you can do your own calculations to find out if such low numbers as 38 matters any much... Everyone can win anything. I won my only second ever free practice session at wet Malaysia S11 and was a championship leader before I switched to the main driver spot at MTP when I started. So why should I keep in mind any perf values? They mean anything (slightly) only after the mid-season range, and again people like Pedersen were able to win races w/o even getting a 200 driver boost, though the driver boost is certainly the only thing that matters in playing this game of GPGSL.

Anyway, compiling my excel sheet I'm just already dying from laughter:

This is where I've stopped before and it gives us exactly this - Tobi under command of Tobi was:
1st at ESP'11 (boosted)
1st at BRA'11 (boosted)
4th at USA'11 (and 1st from unboosted)
7th at CAN'11 (only 3rd from unboosted)
3rd at AUT'12 (1st from unboosted)
3rd at TUR'12 (1st from unboosted)
5th at GBR'12 (1st from unboosted)
7th at FLE'12 (1st from unboosted)
2nd at AUS'13 (whole field unboosted)

Now I want Chris Hinz or anyone else to come up here and tell me how it is possible from statistical point of view for one driver to have a streak like that: 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2
I haven't covered the seasons 13 and 14 yet, and probably Tobi kind of calmed down with such 'luck' after my previous attempt to accuse him but it must be something unusual like all the DNF's and non-points finishes for him under his own control to make statistic look like the ones that other drivers have.

And to Glen - I don't think I am the one who is damaging. I've raised this when it was so obvious to me back at the start of S13 and nobody seemed to care. While the thing that I've shown is the one that is damaging for sure. In the end I never accused you or Greg (even though De Bruyker won a couple of seasons) because I simply had nothing to catch my eye into. While with Tobi it is all the way 'round. I'll continue compiling the sheet and will include the test drivers too to show that this is not simply possible for anyone to have such numbers as Tobi has.

Meanwhile if he wants to stay RD the easiest solution for him is to state an exact time and translate the session he does on Twitch or even on Youtube (it allows streaming - so he won't even need to take time to upload his races anymore). So I (or anyone else) will pop in and ask to press pause just to make sure that this is a live and not a recording. Easy and won't harm anyone. Or, for sure, I just can shove it up my ass and sit there enjoying him winning - I have not big problem with that except that it is taking away some fun.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2021 08:43PM by Soutsen.
The red cells is the boost?

-----------------------------------------------------

Yep. 22s with the black outlines are for DNFers

"...the driver boost is certainly the only thing that matters in playing this game of GPGSL"

I gotta say, it makes for some compelling reading.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Soutsen schrieb:
> This is where I've stopped before and it gives us
> exactly this - Tobi under command of Tobi was:
> 1st at ESP'11 (boosted)
> 1st at BRA'11 (boosted)
> 4th at USA'11 (and 1st from unboosted)
> 7th at CAN'11 (only 3rd from unboosted)
> 3rd at AUT'12 (1st from unboosted)
> 3rd at TUR'12 (1st from unboosted)
> 5th at GBR'12 (1st from unboosted)
> 7th at FLE'12 (1st from unboosted)
> 2nd at AUS'13 (whole field unboosted)
>
> Now I want Chris Hinz or anyone else to come up
> here and tell me how it is possible from
> statistical point of view for one driver to have a
> streak like that: 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2

Tobi's unboosted results under RDs other than him are 7, 11, 4, 4, 6 (I left out the races where no one boosted). This is exactly 4-5 position worse on average compared to him RDing and it is to be expected as this is what we already learned from looking at his overall results. This is no new information and not surprising at all.

But I found another gem in that spreadsheet: my unboosted results (and mind you, I'm the guy doing the perfs): 2, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 3, 5, 2
I finished 6th overall in S11 and 12th in S12 while Tobi was runner up in both seasons. So either I'm cheating as well or that kind of analysis is not useful at all?

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
All this data, and particularly the season data shown above, is meaningless. I sat we move on….

n00binio Wrote:
> Tobi's unboosted results under RDs other than him
> are 7, 11, 4, 4, 6 (I left out the races where no
> one boosted). This is exactly 4-5 position worse
> on average compared to him RDing and it is to be
> expected as this is what we already learned from
> looking at his overall results. This is no new
> information and not surprising at all.
>
> But I found another gem in that spreadsheet: my
> unboosted results (and mind you, I'm the guy doing
> the perfs): 2, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 3, 5, 2
> I finished 6th overall in S11 and 12th in S12
> while Tobi was runner up in both seasons. So
> either I'm cheating as well or that kind of
> analysis is not useful at all?

I might be dumb [no joke but still] or something but I dont get either part of your message. What results of Tobi was 7, 11, 4, 4, 6? Whaddaya mean even? Tell me what races do you mean (RAC'XX format like AUS'11 so on) because I'm lost with what you're trying to say. And 'your' 2, 3, 2, 3, 6, 7, 3, 5, 2 - again I just don't see such anywhere I posted... Like whhaaaaaat really? Where do you look to find such numbers like these?

And you haven't answered how one can legitimately do a 1, 1, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2 streak. Thanks

For Paulo and others who interested an Excel sheet with the calculations.

One quick comment using one screenshot from it:

It just stands out how Tobias' average position is 8,12 while for others it is 10-12 (around 11 as it is the middle number for the 22 cars that enter the competition), how his average position under his own control is 5,19 while for others it is again around 9-12, and how his average non-boosted position under his own control is 6,23 while for others it is less then 11, lol ;)

Not the result we were hoping for. Majumdar could've been on for a better result and more points if not for that bump at turn 9. Hopefully once the track changes being done in real life are implemented we won't see as many incidents take place there. As for De Bruyker it's like what he said, he just isn't 100% in race mode yet, which we can understand the reason for it. All we can hope for is that his race mode improves as soon as possible and he'll be back to fighting near or at the front of the pack.

Crap not how i wanted to start my Demon career! But glad we got some points atleast :-)

Re: GPGSL S15 - R1 - Australian GP [Free Practice online p.6]
Date: September 02, 2021 11:09AM
Posted by: GPGSL
Not a good start to the season. Hoping we can improve at Suzuka.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Liking the look of those tables (apart from my involvement)

X (@ed24f1)
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Liking the look of those tables (apart from my
> involvement)

Agreed re the tables. A nice fresh new look, with the inclusion of a few cool extras in the constructors tables (drivers finishing positions). Great job….

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy