GPGSL S15 - R14: British Grand Prix - Silverstone

Posted by GPGSL 
What a shitshow. But to be honest, it was expected.

Nice coverage, Tobi! Thank you for your efforts through the seasons...

Regarding my race, well i wasn't expecting a top 10 after such poor qualifying session.

Congratulations to my ROOKIE teammate for the first podium in his first race ever. That was amazing man! Next time, try to be a little bit slower, please.... :)

-----------------------------------------------------

Ahhh thrilling effort by the team today! Just amazing, really proud to be on the home podium in my first race with AMR. Been a wacky off season but it's come through, plenty still to build upon and hopefully bring the AMR cars back towards the front of the field.
Congrats to Tobi and the Alpha boys (didn't expect to see them all so soon!), he made the most of that pole position and was untouchable.
Winning the start was crucial today. Looking at Aidan's superb defensive driving in his first stint I probably wouldn't have been able to pass him on track again. Same for Michael, who was pretty much going my pace until his gearbox failure. Overall good to see that both the Renault engine and we as team made the desired progress during the offseason. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going into the next rounds.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Tobi you are a great driver, thanks for the great coverage, and congratulations on your victory.

It was a tough race, but I finished in points.
anyway I need to improve my performance in the next race.

Bence, Congratulations, you deserve this podium!
VAMOS!

Lucasinio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jesus that was horrendous, surely not another
> season scrabbling down the back - a run at the
> title 2 seasons ago feels a long time ago!
>
> Also thanks to everyone who makes this series a
> success

I’ll second that! Onwards we go. The pace was there. Just our luck that we would have a coming together.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

kedy89 Wrote:
> Dear Mr. Soutsen
> As for your contribution to this series. Yes
> you've run one race before. Thanks. But at the
> same time you also kept on disappearing and
> reappearing, causing plenty of work in the
> process. Personally I wouldn't put any trust in
> you.

Okay, okay I've digged more into the further seasons, that my previous 'investigation' haven't covered, and DNF in NET'13 when you was a title contender or only 7th in PAC'14 while boosted is enough for me to take my 'ungrateful' assumptions back. I guess you just was lucky to have this streak of unboosted results at your hands while RD before that DNF at NET'13:

4th USA'11
7th CAN'11
3rd AUT'12
3rd TUR'12
5th GBR'12
7th FLE'12
2nd AUS'13
4th BEL'13

Three podiums and never lower then 7th while unboosted, I repeat. For anyone who knows how randomly this game works and how abysmal the differences in values for drivers we have there (so anyone basically can win using a boost - or even not using like Pedersen did a couple times) it just looks... like you've been pherry luuucky oh-hoh-hoo! ^___^(*)(*)(*)

I've quit GPGSL twice - in S11 and S14. Both due to personal real life reasons, which happens, you know... Don't see how it causes troubles except swapping few lines in excel sheets and creating a new version of mod (people leave and join on a regular basis over here). And I didn't run just ONE race - I did one, two, three. And again - it's not like you have to be egg-headed to make so or push the 'record' button and then upload it on YouTube,

Deeeear...

As for the race - I have no idea what's happened with me falling so much back while taking the 6th place before the pits. I've scrolled it a bit - but didn't find any major reason for this and I don't care too much. As I said - I take anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 04:31PM by Soutsen.
Thank you for the coverage, Tobi, and I can totally understand your wish to celebrate good results again without being questioned.

As for the race, the curse goes on. It's really hard for us to get both cars into good points. And of course reliability will be a big thing for the first rounds. Apologies to Matteo that we couldn't get you a more reliable car.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Well, this was to be expected, I'm not one hundred percent in race mode yet. But one bad race isn't a bad season...so,on to the next.

And Tobi, don't mind what they say man...this is a game and thanks to you we've already had the first race of this new season...great job man and congrats on your race win.

And thank you again for the minute of silence for the passing of my wife, it means a lot to me my friend. You are a real gentleman.

Greetings from Belgium,

Marcus & Nadia

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
JohnMaverick Scritto:
> Thank you for the coverage, Tobi, and I can
> totally understand your wish to celebrate good
> results again without being questioned.
>
> As for the race, the curse goes on. It's really
> hard for us to get both cars into good points. And
> of course reliability will be a big thing for the
> first rounds. Apologies to Matteo that we couldn't
> get you a more reliable car.

No problem boss (Y) Carlos still managed to bring it home, that’s good.

P.s. We all know how random this game can be, it isn’t right to question someone who spends his/her time to make a non-profit league go further. Thanks to Tobi for the coverage and to the other guys that keep this league alive since more than 10 years.

My GPGSL Career

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 07:04PM by senna9194.
A good race overall. Congrats to Toby for his first win of the season and I managed to finish 4th getting good points for the team.
Definitely an improvement on my qualifying, though still not a great result

A quick word on statistics, because I think it is worth pointing out (also: Nerd).

I took Tobi's race result from a few seasons back that Michael used for his initial analysis (29 races in total, 9 directed by Tobi)

All races combined the average finishing position is 9.2 with a standard deviation of 7.5 (i.e. a measure for how much the results fluctuate). It means that e.g. with a 68% chance Tobi finished between 16.7th and 1.7th position.
For the subset of races he directed himself the average finishing position was 5.9 with a standard deviation of 6.1.

That tells us two things: his average position was obviously better in the races he directed but the position fluctuation was pretty similar. So Gp4 including the variance value in the perf file worked as usual.

Now the question is: how likely is it to randomly run 9 races and have an average position that much better than the average of all 29 races?

First column is the finishing position and the second column is the probability of that position or a better position (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_normal_table):
1 / 0,13786
1 / 0,13786
4 / 0,25143
7 / 0,38591
22 / 1
4 / 0,25143
2 / 0,16853
6 / 0,3336
6 / 0,3336

Please note: these values are only true for Tobi and will look different for someone else.

From that the chance of Tobi running 9 random races and getting the results he did or even better can be calculated to be 35%. So there's a one in three chance that something like this just happens without anyone influencing anything.

To add: let's assume that the 29 races were distributed evenly between 3 race directors with similar performance and race results. The chances of none of them looking suspicious are only 28%! It comes at absolutely no surprise that at some point one of the race directors will look fishy when only looking at the average positions.

TLDR: sometimes stuff appears to be highly unlikely when in fact it is not.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 07:52PM by n00binio.
I dunn care since many others already stated they don't see anything bad in what I came up with. If I wanted to expand this discussion - I'd make the ecxel stat showing the average position for every driver under the each RD control and I'm sure that Tobi under Tobi's control has the best (by far) score of them all which is suspicious even statistically. Anyway, it's not like we're playing for money or smthn - let it be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 08:13PM by Soutsen.
Happy with 8th place, always nice to start the season with points!

Soutsen Wrote:
> I dunn care since many others already stated they
> don't see anything bad in what I came up with. If
> I wanted to expand this discussion - I'd make the
> ecxel stat showing the average position for every
> driver under the each RD control and I'm sure that
> Tobi under Tobi's control has the best (by far)
> score of them all which is suspicious even
> statistically. Anyway, it's not like we're playing
> for money or smthn - let it be.

I don't mind to see that Excel.

-----------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'll take my nerd hat just as n00binho did and make one just to clarify what I meant with my initial post

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Great to start with both drivers inside the points. Let's push forward. Also Bence was amazing in the FP, great job.

Nice start to the season for MAC. Nice job boys, I showed in FP that the car had pace and you guys found it in the race.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy