GPGSL S15 - R14: British Grand Prix - Silverstone

Posted by GPGSL 
kedy89 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah you know what, if you don't trust me to run
> things fair and square I got an easy solution: I
> simply won't RD anymore. More free time for me,
> less to worry about for you.

Totally agree. Very poor comment from Mr Soutsen….
Those who criticise are more than welcome to step up and volunteer to RD…..

Huge thanks to Tobi for all the background work compiling the CSM mod (didn’t see anyone else volunteer to do it???!!!), and now the prompt posting of 1st rounds FP and Qualifying.

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
No, don't attack Tobi. Inofficial extra boosts are always applied by me before each race.

Apart from that - you guys are aware that we are just a handful of people running this purely for your (and our) entertainment and one or two persons jumping the ship will likely end the series immediately?

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Pretty decent qualifying for DMR to have both cars in the top 10. Michael appears to be quite comfortable in the car on his debut weekend with us. Gareth just a bit unlucky on his laps…. Good start to the season

Phew that's a huge result for me, couldn't quite match on the second lap which left the door open, but front row on AMR debut is amazing!
Hoping for a clean run to the first corner. Grats to Tobi as well, absolute pleasure to share the front row with him
n00binio Wrote:
> No, don't attack Tobi. Inofficial extra boosts are
> always applied by me before each race.
>
> Apart from that - you guys are aware that we are
> just a handful of people running this purely for
> your (and our) entertainment and one or two
> persons jumping the ship will likely end the
> series immediately?

I know from running the F1 Manager series how much work is required to run a series like this.

Thank you all for using up your time to do such a stellar job at running this series.

I've raised my skepticism years ago and I don't see how it has changed apart from Tobi was not a contender because of the poor start of the season year ago, so the races he did later the season were quite fair simply because he had no real urge to do anything - he was out of competition for good. Also 2 years ago he also did the 1st race of the season and guess what - he finished 2nd in both qualy and race. The 1st round is most important at building the future perfs simply because we have no way to influence with the boosts and so on. And it's not like you have to be big egg-headed to run a race with the perfs and mods ready. Even I with my broken english have run 3 or 4 races for the GPGSL officially and yeah it is quite time consuming with image posting and making comments (especially for the lame english speakers, I repeat, like myself), but you know I accept that intention from Tobi and I'd like to step in and replace him with RDing if there is like nobody else volunteers for it. Sorry guys and especially Tobi, and I hope it wont spoil his fun much and prevent him from compiling the mods. It's just... look at the sheets and calculations I did and posted with the 1st message I'm referring here - they are quite speak for themselves. It's not like I'm taking crap out of my ass and speak about the groundless matters. And yeah I'm fine with Tobi running this round as he did already and whoever wins this - in the end it is just a [silly] game we have to keep the forums more lively and I had no major problems with Tobi winning the title 2 seasons ago and kept my mouth shut - but c'mon it's like getting slightly annoying to have him like a permanent title-contender simply because he is a RD (as it seems to me). If nobody else have troubles with his RDing and I'm the only one who is blabling about nothing - I'm fine with him doing as many races as you, guys, want. And hope this 1st round won't be delayed/rejected because my accusations - as I said I'm totally fine with whoever the winner is (in the end it's just one round of 14)

But that's just my opinion.

Well that was an absolutely awful qualifying from me, so far from my teammate's pace

One bad Q is not a bad race or a bad season... I'm just starting again after the passing of my beloved Nadia.

So thank you for the silence at the beginning of this new season and let us race as gentlemen.

I have to race hard to get some points for the team and to know my new car (named Nadia) a little better,

because all in all, I have my title to defend.

btw: (Y) nice coverage of the Q

Grtz from Belgium,

Marcus

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
JayB_7 Wrote:
> That's quite an assumptious accusation towards
> someone that has practically kept this series
> alive for the last few years..
> With all his hard work for not only his, but for
> dozens of people's entertainment, I feel it's
> pretty unfair to put him down as a fraud.
> But that's just my opinion.

+1 (Y).

What a start with 3rd place.

Race Driver #19
Scorpion Grand Prix
Come on? No one is cheating, its a computer game…to stop cheating suspisions why not upload the savedgame and download it and compare the perfs with what was put in. That can be done right? Tobi for instance does a race weekend using the perfs posted…when its all done save the game and upload the saved game file for everyone to download and extract the perfs.

God havent been fideling with these games for donkey years

Not sure what this fuss is about, but every RD (not just Tobi) is doing a magnificent job giving us the session informations and coverage. :)

Anyway, 17th after quali isn't really worthy of a good start to the season but hopefully we can make some moves in the race and grab the needed points!

Dominik Karda | MAC Racing - #7 - Race Driver
Fantastic Free Practice for myself and brilliant debut for Aiden to qualify 2nd for the feature race. We are going to have a look at Jack's car, seems there might be a problem with the setup. The only way is up!

I just cannot believe the comments made by Soutsen accusing Tobi of cheating whilst RD. It's a tough job to put this show on for you and very time consuming for the RD. Only to have some ungrateful so and so (could have used much stronger language here) call it all into question. So rude and so childish in my opinion. Tobi, I have no problems with your work in RD, carry on as you were sir!

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
While I have no issue with Tobi being RD, I do find it a little rich that everyone piles on Soutsen for voicing a legitimate concern.

We are all grown ups here and it should be a safe enough space to be able to say what is on your mind without being made to look like a crazy person.

Everyone angrily telling Soutsen that there is no cheating is not proof of no cheating.

Again, I am not accusing anyone of cheating or agreeing the Tobi, I am just saying let the man have a voice and maybe help alleviate his concerns rather than just attacking him.

GO MAC

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Dear Mr. Soutsen

Did I ever tamper with the perfs and cheat my way to good results?
No.

Do I consider myself lucky regarding my results in the past few seasons?
Yes, definitely. But it's not like this is the first time a driver has been a title contender/front runner over several seasons (Greenhalgh, Aleksander, Jalving, Maverick, Gilson, to name a few). I've had one of the best perfs in the field since season 8 pretty much, and have been doing well even before I started RD'ing more often. Moving to Alpha for S11 was a calculated move, since I figured with 32BHP boost in stock and my perf I might well have a good season. The 4BHP difference in starter perfs to the top teams can easily be made up by boosting frequently early season, which I seem to recall we did. Arguably you also need some luck, which I had. The 2nd place in S12 was mostly backed by my 2 wins early season (both races I didn't run, btw), and the lack of consistent top results for any other driver on the grid. I mean Marcus had 74 of his 88 points scored after 7 rounds, and the top 10 in the WDC were separated by a mere 30 points.

You kept your mouth shut when I won the title in S13. Well thanks, have a breakdown of the races I ran that season:
Round 1: Q2/R2 Sure the result in the opening round can be important for the remainder of the season, but it doesn't have to be. Frankly speaking I was happy to see Ruben win it. He wasn't that lucky in our 2 season together at TSS, and was hoping it would put him in contention that season.
Round 4: Q16/R4 Unlike many others I stayed on track in a rain-soaked race, and also profited from 3 DNFs. Similar to Daly, who gained even more places. Otherwise the pace for points definitely wasn't there, as indicated by my 15th fastest lap time.
Round 6: Q2/R2 Double boosted I seem to recall (definitely a driver boost), so definitely a suprise I got 2nd there.
Round 9: Q14/RDNF Going up and down the order until my engine failure. Lap chart says P12 at that point, with 3 drivers who started ahead of me already crashed out. Maybe a point or two at most had I finished.
Round 11: Q1/R1 Definitely a driver boost (as always at my home race), maybe also team. At that point also backed by good perfs from the previous races. Yes I won, yes I was damn happy about it. Pedersen and Russell as main contenders in 2nd and 3rd btw.

The rerun of the Spanish GP Season 11 that I won:
I finished 2nd in the initial run. I did it because there was carnage (as I said), which would've screwed plenty of drivers, not because I had a poor result.

Post quali save file for your satisfaction: [www.mediafire.com]

Summarizing I'll say that the displayed disrespect and defamation takes away a lot of joy. Doesn't really make me want to run any more races when I know there's already someone waiting behind a corner to come at me should I dare to have a good result, even if I did nothing wrong. So I will do exactly that, at least that way I can properly celebrate a win again. As for where that leaves the GPGSL, don't know. Over the course of the years I've been participating there have been many people saying they'll definitely help out more soon/run races etc. Guess how many actually did...

As for your contribution to this series. Yes you've run one race before. Thanks. But at the same time you also kept on disappearing and reappearing, causing plenty of work in the process. Personally I wouldn't put any trust in you.

==================================

Race will be posted in a few mintues, it's been done since Saturday morning, but obviously I didn't want to post all at once.

Also huge thanks to all those who showed their support, it means a lot.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 12:14PM by kedy89.
Round 1 - Australian GP - Melbourne

Race video: [youtu.be]
Timestamps to ATL panel in video description

Lap chart: [i.imgur.com]

Race Results & Fastest laps
[i.imgur.com]
[i.imgur.com]

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Congratulations on pole and the race win Tobi!
Great result for Gareth, while Michael may have just pushed the DMR equipment a bit too hard on debut - we will iron out the bugs/driving style to make driver and machine gel

Well that was ****

Jesus that was horrendous, surely not another season scrabbling down the back - a run at the title 2 seasons ago feels a long time ago!

Also thanks to everyone who makes this series a success

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2021 01:48PM by Lucasinio.
Didn't expect points after the qualification so I'll take that.

Thanks Tobi for doing the coverage (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy