Macau, IT'S HERE (new link for fix and update on the third page)

Posted by viking75 
Hello guys, six month ago I made an update mainly for the wall where the car passes through.

[www.mediafire.com]

[www.grandprixgames.org]

As I said, I have no premium on mediafire, so the track is here to stay just for some days again.
Thanks for the fix.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
@ quickslick:
Vielen Dank, Jürgen, thanks :-)!

@viking75:
Thanks for the update! I will try it out. And no problem with the non-premium-account (Y).
I don't have the file!
Getting a Mediafire error message. Is there a better download link?
Link seems to be ok here...
Yes, the link is OK

[www.mediafire.com]
Hi viking75

When you have overlapping of two textures (or more) with transparency try to use the tex files with DXt1 + fulltransparecncy + minimaps 4. This can help.
The same works for transparent objects in front of opaque objects.
In object attributes > visibility see the clipping distance of the objects. It must be at zero. Try using camera zero.
See additional visibility. Find some object that works and copy your Unk2 to the object that doesn't appear in the game.
Many years making Interlagos I learned something.

Edit.
Just now I downloaded and read Klaus Feldmann's tutorial. It's all there. Great work(Y)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2023 02:16AM by AugustoGibim.
Thanks for this advice. I never selected DXt1 at the same time as full transparency, maybe that's why it doesn't always work. Now I know. In my update above, however, I selected the correct values for distances and cameras. I also re-imported the objects by writing N_build or F_built before the object name. Items don't "float" anymore. All this advice had been given to me by Turbo lover and Prblanco. Now I think the Macau track is better than before. And of course I reworked the corner where the car went through the wall. This is a very important fix. Thanks again for your advice. And I will download Klaus Feldmann's tutorial.

Now I have another project that I had abandoned because it was too difficult for me. I received a message from a member of the forum who, without knowing it, encouraged me to take it up again. This is the Côte d'Azur circuit, which will start from the Monaco circuit, as I mentioned on this thread:

[www.grandprixgames.org]

I'm going to try to do it again but the new route will start on the other side, not on the sea side, which is stupid, but on the land side. The start and the finish line will be at Monaco. The big difficulty remains for me the construction of the dat file. I'm doing my best to understand how it's done, but I still have a lot of problems to solve.

Here is the type of circuit:

[www.youtube.com]

(google translate)
Would make a cool GP4 track.
weird,many textures of those trackside objects like buildings around are just pure white,like there is no texture.
why is that? does it need fastwad or something else?
another weird thing is,once i don't use tsm,it's fine.
so i believe that it has something to do with the file renaming.
any good solution to that?
thanks
Hello feddfcsfia,

I don't understand very well what you mean. Macau was not made for tsm. No problem for me and other members with this track.

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
viking75 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello feddfcsfia,
>
> I don't understand very well what you mean. Macau
> was not made for tsm. No problem for me and other
> members with this track.

okay.it's like this:
i firstly installed this track with tsm,but a lot of track side object are just compeletly white,which seem to be something wrong with texture.
just like some mods,cars are white with no livery,but it's those buildings around the track this time.
but things are back to normal when i simply just swapped those track files with the oringal one.
and tsm changes the name of .wad files while game running,so i guess it might have something to do with file renaming.
how did you put those files in the .wad file?
I put the files in the wad with GP4 builder. I honestly don't know what happens with your wad of Macau, there are often bugs in GP4 and maybe someone else can answer you because your problem don't concern only Macau track.

VIDEOS OF TRACKS AND MODS (WITH DOWNLOAD LINKS) MADE BY THE MEMBERS OF GRANDPRIXGAMES
[twitter.com]
viking75 Wrote:
> I put the files in the wad with GP4 builder. I hon
> estly don't know what happens with your wad of Mac
> au, there are often bugs in GP4 and maybe someone
> else can answer you because your problem don't con
> cern only Macau track.

it probably has more than one cause,since other track are fine with tsm and the track is fine without tsm.
so i still don't know the solution,do i need to send the wad after renamed by tsm to you?
Yes, send it to me. But do you absolutely want to use tsm ?

[twitter.com]
viking75 Wrote:
> Yes, send it to me. But do you absolutely want to
> use tsm ?

nah,i won't if we can have more than 17 tracks
anyway,it's heremacau
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy