Auto brake input

Posted by AustinF1 
Auto brake input
Date: March 09, 2021 02:11AM
Posted by: AustinF1
I was wondering how the track designers input the auto braking in certain corners of the track. I have been running the newest Murilla street circuit and it is becoming one of my favorites. I can't seem to conquer the first hard right-left without either crashing or slowing down to a crawl and always getting passed by one or two of the AI cars behind me. I confess I'm no designer, just a player, and my hats off to those of you like Jorge, Pedro, and Co. who have mastered this. Any advice would be appreciated.
Re: Auto brake input
Date: March 09, 2021 04:07AM
Posted by: TomMK
Auto-braking is completely automated by GP4 itself, it's not part of the track design (except for possibly the CC-line, see below). Auto-braking tends to be very conservative so you do see this behaviour fairly often.

That said, the CC-line (which is part of the track) may have an effect on your performance if it is not optimal. But I looked at the Muralla circuit and the CC-line looks very good so not the issue here.

The real solution here is to press F1, to turn off auto-braking ;)

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Re: Auto brake input
Date: April 01, 2021 07:30PM
Posted by: mralpha
Hi. It is so. There is nothing you can do about the automatic brake. Either put it in or out. To make things easier, though, you can assign an easier-to-use key than "F1" in the GpxPatch configuration file "Keys.ini" (you'd have to be an octopus to use that key). Check out my post from September 30th "HelpAutoBrake".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy