Tweaker Fuel Engine effectiveness

Posted by Jan88666 
Tweaker Fuel Engine effectiveness
Date: March 05, 2021 08:19AM
Posted by: Jan88666
Good Mornig,
I've tried something with the Tweaker, among other things, have adjusted the efficiency of the engines (standard 100%), but if I turn the efficiency down, the AI ​​fails every time without fuel, you can somehow set it so that the AI ​​always goes into the Box goes to refuel before it rolls out?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 09:15PM by Jan88666.
Re: Tweaker Fuel Engine effectiveness
Date: March 05, 2021 09:15PM
or can you change another file that the driver drives when the sprint is too low? otherwise this possibility of change is pointless
Date: March 05, 2021 10:51PM
Posted by: Noog
Jan, I could be wrong, but I don't think GP4Tweaker has an engine efficiency (or effectiveness) setting, so it's not easy to know what you are talking about.
Date: March 06, 2021 01:31AM
Hi,
Tweaker 1.0.4.5, point 03 (Pitstop Timing Adjustment).

Here is the "Fuel Efficiency". Original is 100%, i tried something and with 25% the car uses significantly more fuel per lap.
Date: March 06, 2021 08:26AM
Posted by: huskyman49
That's correct. However I made the experience that if I lowered the value too much some cars stopped underway because they ran out of fuel...
I altered the values then only a bit, let's say 95%, mostly to prevent the cars of the same team coming in for a pit stop at the same lap... it worked fine.
I must admit it's a matter of patience with lots of trial and error to find the right settings in the tweaker world ;-)
An efficient way to manipulate the outcome of a race is to change the values in the 'Pitstop Timing Configuration'. It controls the time taken to refuel during pitstop for each car.
Date: March 06, 2021 09:07AM
Ah yes. Apologies. I see it now. I only do short races so I doubt I've ever checked that option to notice the other settings.

Now that I do see it however, I'm intrigued by "engine fixing". Does this have any impact on the likelihood of a CC car with an electrical or throttle problem making it back to the pits at all, or does it just adjust the time it takes to fix the problem if it does? I'm assuming the latter, but I'd like to be able to adjust the likelihood of making the pits really. It always seems like an unfair advantage for the player that the CC cars retire too easily. Punctures too. I know CC cars CAN make it into the pits with a puncture but I think I've only ever seen it once or twice and I'd like to be able to tweak that. Any ideas?
Date: March 06, 2021 05:19PM
Posted by: huskyman49
I think it only influences the time needed to fix an issue but I already had cars with minor incidents like for example electrical problems making it into the pits...
Date: March 07, 2021 07:42PM
@husyman49 No, there is more "options" for this. It's really about consumption / efficiency

So is there no way the cars don't roll out? In Baku (don't ask which version), for example, every car rolls out without fuel in the last lap, without changing the settings.

If you could somehow change something that the cars, with or without a change, come in the box before they roll out, that would be perfect.
Date: March 07, 2021 08:08PM
If it's just the one track, you could edit the MD file to solve the problem:

desc70=player fuel consumption
desc71=cc fuel consumption

Take them both down a bit.

desc70 is usually a bit higher than 71 (about 1000 more).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2021 08:10PM by Noog.
Date: April 01, 2021 11:35AM
no, not just on one route, in general.
is there no way to prevent it from running empty?
Date: April 01, 2021 12:04PM
Didn't you answer your own question some time ago?

Jan88666 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> Tweaker 1.0.4.5, point 03 (Pitstop Timing
> Adjustment).
>
> Here is the "Fuel Efficiency". Original is 100%, i
> tried something and with 25% the car uses
> significantly more fuel per lap.

Seems to me that's the only way to adjust fuel consumption for all races by changing a single value.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy