AI driver mistakes

Posted by jamejfio 
AI driver mistakes
Date: March 01, 2021 01:14PM
Posted by: jamejfio
Hi guys, hope you're all doing well

Which parameters in which file need to be changed in order to make drivers make more frequent mistakes/be more aggressive? I like to watch races and its fun when the ai lock up/spin/crash into each other etc

Thanks,

James
Re: AI driver mistakes
Date: March 01, 2021 06:22PM
Posted by: Noog
It's not as simple as it sounds, but,

You could try this in the performance file (PF):

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Note also my post below that one where I mention error chance in the MD (ie NOT the PF). That works very well.

Or this, in the same thread, which edits the magic data file (MD), which may (or may not) make the start of the race more... um... crashy.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

You can also edit other things in the magic data file, such as desc51=cc aggressiveness, but it won't always work how you expect it to and requires experimentation to get it right.

Yet another way would be to edit the PF and give some drivers excellent Q parameters and poor race ones - and others poor Q parameters and excellent race ones - meaning there will be lots of imbalance in the field and plenty of action as the faster cars move up the field. Giving some cars really large 'variance' in the PF, ie 1000 or more would achieve a similar effect too.

Hope that helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2021 06:28PM by Noog.
Date: March 01, 2021 06:26PM
Posted by: huskyman49
really good hints, my friend... absolutely consistent with my experience... (Y)
Date: March 01, 2021 08:36PM
Posted by: jamejfio
Wow thanks mate that is super helpful and informative! I will try some of them out right now!

James
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy