Mexico 2016 RSCT PO problem

Posted by SkaaningeN 
Mexico 2016 RSCT PO problem
Date: February 14, 2021 11:04AM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
I've got a question about this awesome track.

I don't have the best laptop, and it's several years old now. But the Mexico 2016 track is very PO heavy.
In original state, I could not play it properly as the PO went over 300 at certain parts. This has
not been an issue with the other RSCT tracks.

I opened up the .wad file and resized alot of textures. To be specific, all textures that were above 1mb.
The .wad became 100mb smaller and the PO was way better, it's playble now. However, there is still
some rise of PO at certain parts, and it looks like there is something in the middle of the track (out of view)
that's causing it. Have anyone had the same issue as me? Is there a further way to fix this issue myself or
are there a fix out there somewhere?

*EDIT*
Just drove a 30 minute qualifying session and noted that the game does not count the second sector in the timings.
Laptimes are still fine, but the second sector does seem to be missing

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2021 11:50AM by SkaaningeN.
Re: Mexico 2016 RSCT PO problem
Date: February 14, 2021 12:12PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I'm not sure about the PO issue. As for the sector splits, if you change the splits in the DAT to 670 rather than 67 it will solve that issue.

X (@ed24f1)
Re: Mexico 2016 RSCT PO problem
Date: February 16, 2021 05:49PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Thanks again Ed, the sector timing issue is solved :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy