A few questions about mods: CSM

Posted by zifox 
A few questions about mods: CSM
Date: January 28, 2021 01:15PM
Posted by: zifox
Hi everyone,

i've returned to GP4 after about 10 years without touching it and saw loads of season mods available, using CSM. In the "old days" I had created my seasons sets manually using wadupdater, gp4master and other tools, which took ages, so I was quite happy to see that using CSM i could simply load one file and play.

Or so I thought... I'm having issues with the executable to select in CSM: I have many versions available (original, decrpyted, with or without 9.6 patch, no cd, etc...) and the only ones CSM accepts are two debug executables called gp4100.exe and gp4102.exe, which are
Sadly i can't use this files as they require the CD to be in the drive: I don't have an optical drive in my computer anymore.

So i'm left wondering how can i actually use a full mod using CSM ? Would it work using an ISO ?
(there is actually a way but it's a bugger: have the decrypted with CD exe selected at startup, change to NOCD , launch GP4, and switch back to decrypted with CD after playing.

Side question: is there a way to tell CSM to leave the mod installed in order to not have to launch CSM everytime ? Like unpacking the cars, etc... and leave them when exiting the game ? (that what TSM does)
I'd like to replace a helmet by one of my creation, and have no idea how to do this when I load a season set with CSM.

Thanks,
zifox

PS: I was looking for old messages and realised i can't find any, have some cleaning been done in the forum ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can you do a full season without qualifying ? Let's find out : [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2021 01:18PM by zifox.
Re: A few questions about mods: CSM
Date: January 28, 2021 05:26PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Then, to start the game creates a virtual disk drive. You need a program like PowerISO, you can find it here: [www.poweriso.com]

About keeping the mod installed go to CSM options and uncheck "Auto restore".

I hope I have been helpful :-)
Date: January 28, 2021 07:53PM
Great thanks, i wasn't sure what this option did.

Good thing my old laptop still has a DVD reader.
Date: January 30, 2021 07:18PM
Ok that did the trick. Just have to load the iso (W10 does it nicely) before launching the game.

Since I have you here MSchumi24, I have aquestion for you:
i downloaded you 2001 mod V3.1, and i'm wondering which mod you're using for the melbourne track, it looks very good on the screenshot here: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: January 30, 2021 11:26PM
I guess i found: the 2008 Trackpack.
Date: January 31, 2021 04:44PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
zifox Scritto:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok that did the trick. Just have to load the iso
> (W10 does it nicely) before launching the game.
>
> Since I have you here MSchumi24, I have aquestion
> for you:
> i downloaded you 2001 mod V3.1, and i'm wondering
> which mod you're using for the melbourne track, it
> looks very good on the screenshot here:
> [www.grandprixgames.org]

No I'm sorry, that Melbourne track you see in the image is only for personal use.
But you can console yourself with 2001 trackpack by quickslick, you can find it here: [www.gp4db.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy