Is there a way/mod to make the ai more reckless?

Posted by TheGoldShot 
Is there a way/mod to make the ai more reckless?
Date: December 30, 2020 11:01AM
Posted by: TheGoldShot
Alright I'll keep it short and sweet but don't hate me for being a bit childish. When it comes to GP4 I really like watching quickraces at either hockenheim/monza in the pouring rain as it produces some hilarious crashes. I was just wondering if there was a way to amplify the ai's aggression and make them make sillier pass attempts that would probably result in bigger crashes.
any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Re: Is there a way/mod to make the ai more reckless?
Date: December 30, 2020 12:41PM
Posted by: RegularJohn
If you look at the magic data for any given circuit (using CMagic or GP4 Builder or whatever) you'll find this line

desc73= Track sector after which AI cars stop being cautious on 1st lap

To make starts a bit more unpredictable I just change this to 1, you'll see a lot more movement from the other cars on the start/finish line.

This is the only real thing I've found but someone here with more knowledge than I might know other ways to make the AI a bit angrier.
Date: December 30, 2020 01:37PM
Posted by: huskyman49
I just had a look at some MD-file and didn't find: 'Track sector after which...'. Instead on desc73 there was this description: 'In-line Cars Start Range ?'
So I wonder if it's the same...?
Date: December 30, 2020 02:42PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Edit in dat

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: December 30, 2020 02:54PM
Thanks for the hint, Ariel - it's actually the same (I) I'll soon try it out with value '1'...
Or even with a value of 0, which I prefer for all tracks, I drive on. It means that the car will use the full width of the start/finish straight from the first sector on.

In addition, in the past there was some speculation about line 49, named 'subtracted from diff between field_e2 of 2 cars and then compared to speed of first car' or 'related to slipstream?'. Some people told, it could have something to do with the offensive or defensive behaviour of the ai-cars, but no one was able to get it's exact meaning since then.
Date: December 30, 2020 08:03PM
Date: December 30, 2020 09:42PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
22 Maldonado's in the performance file.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: January 04, 2021 03:04PM
Posted by: C490
You can make them more aggressively and force them to make more driving error.

Source : [rsdi.home.xs4all.nl]

Car specific braking range
The braking range is normally read from the magic data, so it's track specific but affects all cars. The values in the magic data are better known as desc51 and desc52, or CC aggressiveness. I noticed that desc51 works like a minimum value and desc52 as a maximum value, and that the cars will brake for a corner somewhere in this range (relative to the normal braking point), so that's what I've called it. A negative value will make them brake earlier, and a positive value will make them brake later. Usually desc51 will be negative and desc52 positive. Note that if you edit the magic data, negative values will be between 32768 (equals -32768) and 65535 (equals -1). Note that if the car's grip value is increased, the braking point is increased (moved ahead) too. The braking range values are added on top of this.
With GPxSet it's possible to have a braking range individually for each car. It can be specified in the performance text file under section [BrakingRangeMin] and [BrakingRangeMax]. The key names are Team #00 through Team #10. Each value consists of two comma separated numbers, one for each car, though if one value is used, it will affect both cars of that team. The BrakingRangeMin and BrakingRangeMax values work the same as desc51 and desc52 in the magic data, and do not replace them. Rather, they are added to the corresponding magic data value for a specific car. The formula is not exact, but to get an idea, it looks like: braking range value = grip + magic data value + car specific value. If the value becomes too high, it's likely the car will overshoot a corner, especially slow corners. If the values becomes too low, it's likely the car will brake early even for fast corners ahead and becomes a danger to other cars, though very easy to outbrake.

It's possible to exclude this patch even when the values are present in the performance file. This can be done in gpxset.ini, section [PerfManager], key PatchBrakingRange. Use value 0 to disable it. The default value is 1.

Car specific error chance
The error chance is normally read from the magic data, so it's track specific but affects all cars. The value in the magic data is better known as desc65, or CC error chance. It seems to be the chance a CC driver makes errors during a race, e.g. braking too late.
With GPxSet it's possible to have an error chance individually for each car. It can be specified in the performance text file under section [ErrorChance]. The key names are Team #00 through Team #10. Each value consists of two comma separated numbers, one for each car, though if one value is used, it will affect both cars of that team. The error chance value is added to the corresponding magic data value for a specific car. A higher value means higher chance to make an error. The sum of this value and the magic data value should not exceed 32767.

It's possible to exclude this patch even when the values are present in the performance file. This can be done in gpxset.ini, section [PerfManager], key PatchErrorChance. Use value 0 to disable it. The default value is 1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 03:05PM by C490.
Date: January 04, 2021 04:08PM
Posted by: Noog
I did a lot of experimenting with these values last year.

1. Braking range min (any value), tends to lead to cars being knocked off the track as others run into them and break their front wing! Tended to spoil the fun for me.

2. Braking range max is a much better option, but it's best kept below 3000 if you want the driver to ever finish a race! It's a very powerful modifier.

3. I used to give one or two drivers a BRMax of 1500-2500 and another two something in the range of 250-750. The upper band could readily seen working on the track and led to some unexpected overtaking whereas the lower band was much more subtle on the track but could still be detected in the results. Basically a driver with ANY BrMax set will do consistently better than those who don't, unless it crashes.

4. Used sparingly, BRMax is well worth a look, but in the end I decided not to use it and went back to using desc=65 in the MD (error chance) instead (suggest 100-120), as it seemed to give a wider variety of errors and being applied to all cars didn't handicap any driver in particular.

Have fun...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 04:12PM by Noog.
Date: March 26, 2023 06:47PM
Posted by: OboroHD
So... I already made a thread about this, but I'm having problems where... how do I put this... the 1993 cars just spin and... give up. They spin 180 degrees and just... freeze up.

I'm very new to this kinda stuff, so I have literally no idea what tf I'm doing. So any help is truly greatly appreciated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy