Historical F1 Championship (possible manager game)

Posted by Calligaris 
Historical F1 Championship (possible manager game)
Date: December 11, 2020 12:00PM
Posted by: Calligaris
Disclaimer: since the GPSL and Syvis' F1 Manager game are already ongoing (and I take part in both), I wouldn't want to enter their hunting grounds, so I am merely sharing an idea for now.

Basically I have designed (currently for my personal use, possibly adaptable to multiplayer) an F1 manager game on GP4 in which you create a team, pick any historical f1 driver, any historical deisgner and an engine provider and race, that is it.

More details.

At the beginning of the season each teams gets a budget (budgets are resetted each season to avoid too much accumulation). This budget is equal to a set amount (equal for each team) + a performance bonus based on the previous season.

With said budget each team picks a designer. 20 designers randomly picked among f1's historical designers would be available to pick at all times. To get a designer you would bid from your budget, whoever bids the most on any given designer gets him/her.

It's pretty much the same for drivers. A random list of 30 drivers would be generated from all historical f1 drivers. Any driver would be available for 10 (TBD) seasons. All drivers would have a set potential (based on their best f1 seasons) their skill would improve over the first half of their career in this game, then decrease. The potential is the skill they will reach if they have an average improvement. (Some drivers could over or underperform compared to their historical selves, i like some randomness). (Skill will go from 1 to 1500 to be added to the driver skill ingame).

Then pick an engine, no bidding this time. Historical F1 engine providers would be available, their skill would be random and would randomly evolve, defining how good their engines could be (and how costly)

Invest remaining money in car developement to add a bonus to your driver skill (alongside with your designer).

And that's it, short and simple, liveries would be created by players (or me if players ask me to do it for them).

Helmets would be created by me (simplified helmets, take pity on an unskilled artist).

10 races long seasons and unlikely battles between drivers from completely different eras. (In my personal version Max Verstappen, Jacques Villeneuve and Jack Brabham are currently trading race wins).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy