LCD screen

Posted by huskyman49 
LCD screen
Date: December 09, 2020 05:45PM
Posted by: huskyman49
I wonder how to change (if possible) the size and position of the LCD screen in the center of the steering wheel (which is annoying for me since a long time). Maybe I should already know it after seven years... :(
Thanks in advance for any hint...
Karl
Re: LCD screen
Date: December 10, 2020 10:56AM
Posted by: rracunis
huskyman49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder how to change (if possible) the size and
> position of the LCD screen in the center of the
> steering wheel (which is annoying for me since a
> long time). Maybe I should already know it after
> seven years... :(
> Thanks in advance for any hint...
> Karl

Hi Karl,

To change the position and size of the LCD screen in the center of the steering wheel , you have to work on its tGA file . However , after yo do that , it will be necessary to modify the position of all information in it by modifying the gp4 objects into the cockpit_wheel.gp4 and maybe the size and type of the fonts in new_steering_wheel_displays .tGA or some similar tGA file. It's not difficult to do that but it's quite boring.
Date: December 10, 2020 03:48PM
thanks but misunderstanding caused by me possibly using the wrong description - I actually meant the insert before the steering wheel which rotates with the wheel where you can choose to change fuel load, tyres or setup of the car. The colour of that insert can be changed in patch.ini under settings...
Date: December 10, 2020 08:21PM
The colour in the settings/patch.ini , the position in the fonts.ini and the size I am not sure if you can in the fonts ad well
Date: December 10, 2020 11:38PM
ok, thank you, mate :-)(I)
Date: December 10, 2020 11:53PM
But what lines to change in the fonts.ini?
Date: December 11, 2020 01:51PM
huskyman49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But what lines to change in the fonts.ini?

Ok Karl, I had a better look and I was wrong. You have to modify the file called English.pos (or other language depending on your preference)and not the fonts file. That's why this is a boring work because you have to find the proper line ( SELECT_FUEL_FOR or LAP_RACE and so on) and modify its coordinates, testing ingame each time you make the modifications to check if it is fine. I have modified all the steering wheels made by Carl in 2019 and it was a lot of work as you can see below.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy