CSM failing to open GP4? Can't use mods anymore

Posted by maxsp11 
CSM failing to open GP4? Can't use mods anymore
Date: December 02, 2020 09:38PM
Posted by: maxsp11
So about 3-4 days ago GP4 decided to break completely, starting with the 2006 mod failing to load, then the 07 mod running at 1fps (you may have seen me posting about this the other day before everything went wrong), then the whole game going black in the 08 mod, before the game itself just showed an error message.

I had to delete everything, then re-install the game from scratch yesterday. The good news is, the base game works fine, as do GPxPatch and GP4Tweaker. After installing some mods onto CSM however, the game won't open. The mods all show up, and it initially seems to run without a problem, however when GP4 is opened it just leads to a black screen with my cursor on it, and doesn't load the game. No error messages, just nothing. This is really disappointing because I almost exclusively use CSM mods, so any help would be much appreciated :-)
Re: CSM failing to open GP4? Can't use mods anymore
Date: December 02, 2020 09:48PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
maxsp11
The good news is, the base game works fine, as do GPxPatch and GP4Tweaker.

do not use CSM in combination with GP4 Tweaker or any other tools (except for GpxPatch). just use a completely clean installation. And make sure to place your installation outside the Program Files folder (or any folders like Desktop, Documents, etc).

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2020 09:50PM by Carl_gpgames.
Date: December 02, 2020 11:41PM
I'll try it out but it seemed to work perfectly fine with GP4Tweaker before last weekend, and also how would I toggle damage coefficient/slipstream effect in the mod without GP4Tweaker?
Date: December 03, 2020 06:14AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
in the tweaker settings of the mod.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: December 03, 2020 05:11PM
Ah, I wasn't aware you could still have those configurables without having GP4Tweaker installed. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy