Grand Prix 4 & Fanatec?

Posted by F1Expert 
Grand Prix 4 & Fanatec?
Date: October 31, 2020 01:45AM
Posted by: F1Expert
Hi,

have anyone Exprience with GP4 and Fanatecproducts, especial about the Podium DD2 Wheelbase and the V3 Pedal? It is working? Any Problems? Support GP4 this Products full with Gear / Kmh / Rev.Meter?

Thanks you very much!
Re: Grand Prix 4 & Fanatec?
Date: October 31, 2020 11:15AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
great to have another fanatec user here! :-)

i have the csl elite f1 bundle and it works very good with GP4! it was a bit of a pain to calibrate it but i have found a good setting which works for me.
Just make sure to set force feedback quite low (50% or below).

about the HUD: the data is available in Gpxcinfo (shared memory) but i have not found a way to get it on the wheel so far (that's way beyond my programming skills). but i use the sim dashboard app which is a good alternative.

to program more buttons, i use Joy to Key.

if you have any issues with the wheel, try to place the d3d8.dll file in your GP4 main folder.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: June 10, 2021 08:33PM
Posted by: CRMS
I am having difficulty to get GP4 and Fanatec DD1 and V3 to run. W10 21H1.

Set GP4 to XP compatibility mode
Have GP4.iso on drive and in W10 I use the mount option.
Loaded the d3d8.dll in main GP 4 Directory.
Selected Wheel as controller and calibrated. Throttle and brake fine but clutch is also throttle.
Paddles don't change gear
Appreciate any suggestions.
Date: June 10, 2021 08:43PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
CRMS
Set GP4 to XP compatibility mode

Don't. Do. That.

Just start GP4 through GPxPatch. I got my Fanatec working perfectly without any additional settings. The compatibility mode only causes all kind of problems.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: June 10, 2021 09:32PM
Posted by: Duffer
I have a fanatec porsche 911 gt3 rs v2. All work without problem except shifter who doesn't work, so i use JoytoKey (advice from Carl). If you want a compatibility with GP4, you must put admin right for JoytoKey

--------------------------------------------

Date: June 11, 2021 09:34AM
Posted by: CRMS
Thanks. After a couple of restarts, I could map the controls properly. So now have everything working. But I'll continue exploring options.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy