How to change the pnl positions on the screen? [Fixed]

Posted by Excalibur 
How to change the pnl positions on the screen? [Fixed]
Date: October 14, 2020 05:40AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Hello guys!

I would like to know if it is possible to easily change the PNL positions on the screen ( I mean HUD, pitboard etc + text).

Moving the images is not hard to do by editing the .ini files from the GPXCinfo tab but moving the images + text is a long work to do (even with the search and replace function) because I have to edit the .ini files line by line for the text coordinates.
For example, I would like to know if it is possible to move the HUD or the pitboard (images + text) "all in one" on the x and y axis.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2020 07:39PM by Excalibur.
Re: How to change the pnl positions on the screen?
Date: October 14, 2020 10:15AM
Posted by: mralpha
For the HUD I think it is not possible, because it is composed of many images, each of which has its own X and Y coordinates on the screen. I wanted to move it to the far left of the screen and a little higher than usual. As you say, it was a tough job. You could try changing the screen size of each image directly from the patch (for example from 1024x768 to 1280x800 etc. or vice versa). The problem is that the size of the images will be enlarged or reduced as appropriate.
Re: How to change the pnl positions on the screen?
Date: October 14, 2020 03:23PM
Posted by: Excalibur
mralpha écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the HUD I think it is not possible, because it
> is composed of many images, each of which has its
> own X and Y coordinates on the screen. I wanted to
> move it to the far left of the screen and a little
> higher than usual. As you say, it was a tough job.
> You could try changing the screen size of each
> image directly from the patch (for example from
> 1024x768 to 1280x800 etc. or vice versa). The
> problem is that the size of the images will be
> enlarged or reduced as appropriate.

Thanks for your answer.
I have modified the resolution for the HUD but the result is not what I expected . So, I have just edited the .ini file to move images + text on the x axis. But yeah, it was very long to do.

So, I consider this thread as solved, as it is not possible to do it the way I imagined.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: How to change the pnl positions on the screen? [Solved]
Date: October 15, 2020 06:17PM
Posted by: SDI
In the Design Area you should be able to move everything at once using different top/left/right/bottom.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
SDI écrivait:
> In the Design Area you should be able to move
> everything at once using different
> top/left/right/bottom.

Hi René!
Thanks for answering this post. I am not sure to understand.
When you say in the Design Area, you mean in game? with GP4tweaker? Or moving the desing into Photoshop, for example? (but it won't be possible with the fonts)

Sorry if I misunderstood...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2020 06:58PM by Excalibur.
Hi Arnaud, i think that's what René means:

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Re: How to change the pnl positions on the screen? [Solved]
Date: October 16, 2020 06:58PM
Sorry, yes, that's what I meant :)

SDI écrivait:
> Sorry, yes, that's what I meant :)

Oh! Ok! Thanks Carl and René! :-)
I could not see the design area because gpxPatch in french doesn't show it! ;)

Now, it's ok in english! Thanks a lot, guys! :-)

Re: How to change the pnl positions on the screen? [Fixed]
Date: October 19, 2020 08:58PM
The settings are there in French too, but at the top right.

Hello,

I have a similar question;
I'm working on some new panels for my 2020 mod. "Unfortunately" i have chosen my default resolution as design area, which is 3440x1440. Now the problem is, that whatever option i choose, the panels won't be displayed properly on any other resolution (especially if proportions are any other than 32:10). If i choose stretch, they will look streched (yeah, obviously), if i choose "move to edges" they will be way to large and whatever option i choose, all the texts will just be somewhere on the screen but not in the right position on the panel.
My next problem is, that only fonts work which are installed on my pc. if i set the fonts by selecting the font file, gpxpatch will just use the default fonts.

Alle panels have they exact same size as in F1 TV and also the distance from borders is the same. Is there any way to automatically scale them for other resoltuions but keeping the proportions?

Does anybody more experienced than i am know how i have to set up my panels the right way?

That's how they should look like:

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Wow Carl_gpgames, your hud panel is perfect! Why don't you make it available to us? I liked him a lot.

Unfortunately, from what I've looked at at the time of the GP3, when the resolution changes, it's necessary to readjust everything...
I would be immensely grateful.
I waste a lot of time trying to adjust mine and they don't look good.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy