Magic Data: Values differ in TSM compared to GP4 Builder?

Posted by RegularJohn 
Usually when I want to edit the magic data for a track I just go into TSM and change them there, but there's occasions where I want to change the AI Grip levels in wet weather conditions (thanks to this superb thread by salvasirignano). For this I use GP4 Builder as advised because unfortunately those values aren't accessible through TSM, but what confuses me is that certain values, like AI Errors for instance, show up differently in GP4 Builder than they do in TSM.

What I can only assume is happening is that TSM saves the updated magic data somewhere (where it's saved I have no idea, I just assumed it saved it to the .dat file) while GP4 Builder takes it from the .dat file directly.

Is this what's happening or am I talking complete nonsense?
Maybe it's helpful if I tell you what I do: I open the *.MD3-file of the track with editor and change the values I want to adapt. Then I import it into CMagic4 1.02 and press the button 'insert data'. That procedure worked fine for me up to date.
Yes TSM uses it's own interpretation of Magic Data and stores it in a text file alongside the track files (.dat, .wad etc).

I would also recommend using CMagic to extract/insert Magic Data.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Cheers, one more question though - if I edit using CMagic, will I have to re-enter the values I've edited through TSM? When TSM applies it's own text file, does it only affect the values displayed in that program or does it overwrite the entire magic data?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 01:55PM by RegularJohn.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy