F1 Manager - Season 2004 (BAR, Minardi and Jordan available) - Japanese GP results on page 16

Posted by Syvis 
I'm sorry but I don't have time to run a race this week. I'll try to make it up next week and run two races.
Syvis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry but I don't have time to run a race this
> week. I'll try to make it up next week and run two
> races.

No worries :) Sure it'll be worth the wait

It's ok. Keep them coming! Interesting week coming
No problem, maybe JB will take the time to relax again and bloddy finish a race for once.

Kimi Räikkönen took his first pole position of the year beating Ralf Schumacher by 0.007 seconds. The margins were small all around as the top 16 all finished inside one second.

So, the plan is to have the race up tomorrow, then post the Canadian GP qualifying results on Thursday and the race on Friday. Next week we'll have the "race weekend" on Monday and Tuesday so I have time to get them done before christmas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2020 10:15AM by Syvis.
Who to put in that Ferrari, I wonder.

Not a great start to our weekend. Step it up lads

Parachki Wrote:
> Who to put in that Ferrari, I wonder.

Well you've got enough money for Montoya if you want to go big
Well, Franchiti cost me nearly 7 million, but look at his performance.

2004 Monaco Grand Prix

Welcome to recap of the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix raced on the streets of Monaco. It’s the sixth round of the 2004 season.

Lap #1
Kimi Räikkönen gets a good start and keeps his first place. His team mate Rubens Barrichello passes Takuma Sato in the start so it’s a great start to the race for the Williams team. Felipe Massa is also able to get past Michael Schumacher during the first lap for the 7th place.

Lap #4
Giancarlo Fisichella makes a small mistake which Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa pounce on instantly. Both get past him so now Alonso is fifth and Massa is sixth.

Lap #5
Kimi Räikkönen and Ralf Schumacher are getting away from the pack a bit.

Ralf Schumacher goes wide in the chicane after the tunnel and drops down all the way to 17th place. Scott Dixon makes a mistake in the same place and drops to last place.

Lap #9
Ralf Schumacher tries to get past Robert Kubica as he’s clearly faster but it’s almost impossible to overtake on the narrow track of Monaco.

Lap #10
Williams is leading the race with Kimi Räikkönen and Rubens Barrichello. Räikkönen is steadily pulling away from his team mate.

Lap #13
Paul di Resta is the first driver to retire this afternoon. His race is cut short with a transmission problem.

Elsewhere, Ralf Schumacher has finally managed to get past Robert Kubica.

Lap #17
Nothing has changed in the top eight. Kimi Räikkönen is the fastest man on the track.

Robert Kubica has a technical issue but he’s able to continue the race after pitting.

Lap #18
Ralf Schumacher is posting a fastest lap after fastest lap now that he has some clear air in front of him. It’s a shame his podium bid pretty much got destroyed by that mistake earlier.

Lap #19
Track has dried up almost completely but there should be some more rain during the race.

Dan Wheldon’s Mercedes engine blows up in spectacular fashion and his race is over.

Lap #24
Felipe Massa retires with a transmission failure. Alex Wurz pits.

Lap #25
Kimi Räikkönen is in control of this race. Behind him there’s a close battle for the 2nd place but either Takuma Sato or Fernando Alonso can find space to make an overtake move. Mark Webber pits.

Lap #26
Vitaly Petrov pits.

Lap #32
Not a whole lot is happening. Kimi Räikkönen is pulling away and no overtaking behind him for the 2nd place.

Just as I say that, Takuma Sato crashes into the wall and there’s enough damage to end his race!

Lap #35
The rain starts pouring again. Forecast is that it’ll continue until the end of the race.

Lap #37
Fernando Alonso suffers the same fate as Dan Wheldon almost 20 laps earlier. His Mercedes engine catches fire and there’s nothing he can do.

Mark Webber and Michael Schumacher are the first drivers to pit for wet tyres.

Lap #39
Nico Rosberg and Kazuki Nakajima pit.

Lap #40
The retirements have reshaped the top eight. Heikki Kovalainen and Jenson Button pit.

Lap #41
Kimi Räikkönen pits from the lead but only Rubens Barrichello gets past him.

Lap #42
Michael Schumacher’s afternoon ends in a disappointment as his engine gives up. Schumacher was 6th at the time of his retirement.

Robert Kubica, Giancarlo Fisichella, Christian Klien, Alex Wurz and Scott Dixon all pit for wet tyres.

Lap #43
Ralf Schumacher pits.

Lap #45
Rubens Barrichello is still in the lead but he’ll have to pit.

Barrichello comes in at the end of the lap so Kimi Räikkönen regains the lead. Nick Heidfeld joins Barrichello in the pits.

Lap #46
Antonio Pizzonia pits.

Lap #51
There’s no one that can challenge Kimi Räikkönen today. The Finn is dominating in the lead.

Lap #52
Mark Webber pits for the third time today.

Lap #55
Jenson Button, Alex Wurz, Vitaly Petrov and Nico Rosberg all pit.

Lap #61
Kimi Räikkönen is still growing his lead. There’s no challenger for Rubens Barrichello either. It’s looking like it’ll be an easy 1-2 for Williams.

Mark Webber is in the pits again. What is going in the Toyota garage?

Lap #65
There a train of cars from 3rd place to 6th place but no one can make a move.

Lap #70
Pretty much nothing is happening on the track. The train has now grown from 3rd to 8th place.

Lap #72
Finally a pass on the track as Alex Wurz gets past Christian Klien for the 9th place!

Lap #73
Vitaly Petrov gets past Christian Klien too.

Lap #74
For some reason Alex Wurz, Vitaly Petrov, Jenson Button and Mark Webber pit again. That’s now five pit stops for Mark Webber today. Button and Webber don’t lose any places though while Wurz and Petrov fall behind Christian Klien again.

Lap #76
Nick Heidfeld challenges Giancarlo Fisichella and they go side by side for a couple of turns.

Heidfeld can’t make the move stick though and what’s worse, Antonio Pizzonia overtakes him for the 4th place.

Lap #77
Alex Wurz gets past Christian Klien again.

Heartbreak for Giancarlo Fisichella as he retires from the 3rd place just two laps before the finish line!

Finish
Kimi Räikkönen comes home to win his second race of the season! The Finn has been incredibly consistent so far as he has five podium finishes in six races.

His team mate Rubens Barrichello seals the 1-2 for Williams. It’s the first 1-2 for any team during this season and it came in a convincing fashion.

Antonio Pizzonia finishes third after a good, clean race. It’s the first podium of the year for Jaguar.

I've decided to make McLaren available as I haven't heard from KimiHeikki since his first bids and it would be a shame to have a big team without an active manager.

I've also though about starting bidding for next years contracts after the Canadian GP. The system I was thinking about would be that a batch of drivers would become available to bid for after every race. One batch would be available for negotiations for two weeks after which the drivers that have received bids would sign. The rest of that batch would continue to be available with the other drivers until they've signed. If a team want to retain their driver, they have to bid for them like everyone else but the driver will give a "hometown discount" of 500k for their current team. This means that if the driver's current teams offers him 3.5 million and someone else offers him 4 million, the driver will sign the 3.5 million offer. During the initial two week negotiation period the driver will also tell his current team if he has a better offer on the table after the first week so his current team will have a chance to alter their bid. Of course teams don't know yet how much money they will have at the end of the season but you can get a pretty good idea based on team's performance so far.

The question I have is that do you guys want everything available to bid for during the season or just the drivers? If the idea sucks let me know. I was thinking it would be something to do during the season and it could potentially reward the active managers a bit.

Also, if you have any rule change ideas we can start that discussion now too as we near the halfway point of the season.
Bruh. That crash was costly for Sato. Wurz scored a point on debut, but it’s not enough. We hope Ferrari can improve the car’s performance in the next few races.

Syvis Wrote:
> I've decided to make McLaren available as I
> haven't heard from KimiHeikki since his first bids
> and it would be a shame to have a big team without
> an active manager.
>
> I've also though about starting bidding for next
> years contracts after the Canadian GP. The system
> I was thinking about would be that a batch of
> drivers would become available to bid for after
> every race. One batch would be available for
> negotiations for two weeks after which the drivers
> that have received bids would sign. The rest of
> that batch would continue to be available with the
> other drivers until they've signed. If a team want
> to retain their driver, they have to bid for them
> like everyone else but the driver will give a
> "hometown discount" of 500k for their current
> team. This means that if the driver's current
> teams offers him 3.5 million and someone else
> offers him 4 million, the driver will sign the 3.5
> million offer. During the initial two week
> negotiation period the driver will also tell his
> current team if he has a better offer on the table
> after the first week so his current team will have
> a chance to alter their bid. Of course teams don't
> know yet how much money they will have at the end
> of the season but you can get a pretty good idea
> based on team's performance so far.
>
> The question I have is that do you guys want
> everything available to bid for during the season
> or just the drivers? If the idea sucks let me
> know. I was thinking it would be something to do
> during the season and it could potentially reward
> the active managers a bit.
>
> Also, if you have any rule change ideas we can
> start that discussion now too as we near the
> halfway point of the season.

That's a shame about Mclaren. I'd swap if my Toyota team wasn't doing so well and had the drivers I wanted ;)

I'd say just the three drivers during the season personally.

About bids and rule changes

(Whatever I say isn't a complaint, this ie being great fun, keep up the good work.)

I agree about bidding for the drivers, maybe I'd say designer too, basically bid for personnel during season, and for tech and parts between season.

I like the opportunity for teams to challenge driver bids fro other teams.

The home team advantage might be too small, 500k really isn't significant compered to the size of our budgets, maybe make it a full million unless the driver is dissatisfied. I suggest to not make it a discount (I mean not apply it to minimum salaries) but rather a preference (so, for example, if Trulli wants 10m he won't accept 9m with the discount, but a 10m offer from his own team will be better than a 10.9m from another team).

Could we get some indication of which parts are more important, not precise numbers, but there is no way of knowing if investing in tyres is better than investing in, for example, brakes.

The way test drivers work is a bit convoluted, maybe a straight shootout between test drivers in practice would be more obvious for setup points, i know that cars would then matter more than you'd like in that score, but after all better teams are better at setting up cars.

Those are first things that came into my mind, as I said these aren't really problems.
Parachki Wrote:
> Well, Franchiti cost me nearly 7 million, but look
> at his performance.

Montoya should be at the height of his power though.
Calligaris Wrote:
> Parachki Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, Franchiti cost me nearly 7 million, but
> look
> > at his performance.
>
> Montoya should be at the height of his power
> though.

I’ll gamble on Montoya, but if he’s also bad, then it’s the car to blame.

Hooray, Montoya is the man

I've just checked the practice sessions for all 6 Grand Prix and Gianmaria Bruni is actually beating Jenson Button 4-2...
Button is currently being slower than Bruni... i might have to swap them if Jenson's performance does not improve... boy that would be an unexpected outcome.
I didn't realise mid-season transfers were even a thing. Very interesting!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy