F1 Manager - Season 2004 (BAR, Minardi and Jordan available) - Japanese GP results on page 16

Posted by Syvis 
Since KimiHeikki has taken so long, we can consider it succesful. I'll update the first post.
@Syvis Yes Jaguar sounds good. I choose drivers immediately if i take control of it.
Sounds good. Send your selections to me via PM.
So, we now have everything else in place to start but the #2 driver and test driver for McLaren. I give KimiHeikki until Sunday to pick those drivers or I'll pick them for him. The first pre season test will be on Monday 26th of October so you have until then to announce your participation if you haven't already.
I have every helmet in the game but Dario Franchitti's. If someone has it or knows where to get it, help would be appreciated.
It should be in Indycar 2003 mod in a very low res version tho. I can extract it and convert to something better. What helmet shape do you use for the mod?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2020 05:03PM by Soutsen.
I'd have to check to be sure and I can't right now but I think it was the Arai shape that's used in this mod.
I checked now and it indeed was that Arai shape.
Sorry, but I can't find the template for Arai helmet. Could you give me a sample of how the helmet textures you use for the mod look like? Send me just anyone's helmet in .tga format and I'll convert the Franchitti's hemlet that I've made from those low-texture files I have.

Still haven't heard anything from KimiHeikki so I've picked Giancarlo Fisichella as his #2 driver and Zsolt Baumgartner as the test driver.

First pre season test results will be out tomorrow.
Test Session #1 (Spain)

It was a rainy day at the Barcelona track to kick off the 2004 season. Six teams took part in the first of two test sessions before the opening race at Melbourne, Australia.

Felipe Massa continued to showcase Brazil's wet weather racing skills by being the fastest driver in the wet conditions. He was considerably faster than his team mate Mark Webber, who's fastest lap was six tenths off Massa's pace.

Second fastest was Takuma Sato in his Ferrari. Ferrari was reportedly focusing more on reliability in these tests so maybe we haven't seen their true form yet.

Perhaps a bit surprisingly, Ralf Schumacher was faster in the Jaguar than his brother in Renault, who's the reigning F1 World Champion. Could Jaguar be a surprise team in 2004?

Jenson Button and his team mate Dan Wheldon were a bit of a letdown being long way off Massa's pace with Button being the 6th fastest and Wheldon being 11th fastest drivers out of 12. There's still time to improve before the opening race though.

The young Robert Kubica was probably the biggest pleasant suprise of the day as he managed to beat both Antonio Pizzonia and Dan Wheldon in a much inferior car. What will the season hold in store for the young Polish driver who's already turning heads at the paddock?

The final standings of the first test session of 2004:

You can now choose to take part in the second test session of the 2004 season which will be held on Friday 30th of October. Teams eligible to test are Ferrari, McLaren, Renault, BAR, Sauber, Jaguar and Toyota. If all goes to plan, the opening race will be held next week!
...well i didn't expect that out of BAR and Arrows, Bar would be disappointing and Arrows would be the good surprise.
But hey... go Kubica !
A very positive test for us at Toyota. Delighted to see Massa quickest

JohnWarrington Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A very positive test for us at Toyota. Delighted
> to see Massa quickest

Looks like his title challenge might come four years early.
And we are 0.571 and 0.911 slower than the best time despite gaining a lot of power for the engine during these tests... Not really good so far.

> And we are 0.571 and 0.911 slower than the best
> time despite gaining a lot of power for the engine
> during these tests... Not really good so far.

It might show in the second test
Test Session #2 (Silverstone)

Only four teams showed up for a second day of testing at Silverstone on a sunny afternoon. Toyota carried on where they left off at Barcelona. This time Mark Webber was the fastest guy around the track with Felipe Massa making way for the young prodigy Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton couldn't quite match Webber's pace but this was his first taste of a F1 car on his home track.

Michael Schumacher was a lot more comfortable with his new car on this second day of testing as he finished just over a tenth off of Mark Webber's fastest lap.

The two Jaguars were the next fastest cars around the Silverstone track. Their testing pace gives them hope for good positions during the 2004 season.

The second test session wasn't much better for the BAR team. There are big question marks hanging over them before the season. Will Button be able to score points or even podiums? Will Wheldon improve compared to his team mate?

The final standings of the Silverstone tests:

The Australian GP will be held on next week! Free practice and qualifying results should be up on Tuesday and the race should be up on Wednsday so be sure to tune in next week!
It's going to ve a difficult season for BAR isn't it...
A much better result for Renault. I hope we can gain even more after these testings done

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy