F1 Manager - Season 2004 (BAR, Minardi and Jordan available) - Japanese GP results on page 16

Posted by Syvis 
Two more questions.

1 - If I sign a #1 driver now, can I swap him to the #2 driver spot in the future to exploit the "Teams whose #1 driver and test driver are closest in their clocked time will get a small boost for rest of the weekend" rule? I want to buy 2 equally bad 1st and test driver to make this work, so my 2nd driver will take the best of it...

2 - About drivers development - do I undestand it right that there's not going to be such thing as the equivalent perf boost according to the finishing position after each race? E.g. driver finished 1st gets +10 perf bonus, 2nd +9, 3rd +8 and 10 +1 or something like that? They had such thing in the previous manager series and similar thing exists at GPGSL.

At this point, reliability is only determined by engine. The bhp and reliability values will fluctuate between the seasons so one engine wouldn't always be the best. One change we could do for next season is that brakes effect reliability too since if I remember correctly, there's brake failures in GP4. Maybe technical directors could effect it too somewhat.

I got the takeover idea from that old manager game. Maybe we could do it something like if a team is in dire financial situation, their manager could get an offer from Red Bull for example which would bring a lot more money to the team. The manager can then accept or decline it. It wouldn't have to necessarily be Jaguar the Red Bull makes an offer for but Arrows or Jordan for example. I'm thinking those wouldn't come to play during the first season anyway.
Well you could do that I guess. Maybe I wasn't thinking enough about how the loopholes in the rules can be exploited to maximum effect. I would hope though that managers would play fair. This shouldn't be that serious lol. The main thing is to have fun.

No, I wasn't going to implement that perf boost rule here. I have determined the max potential ability for every driver and their ability would grow during the season and seasons. Some drivers could max out at 23 years old and some could continue developing into their 30's. On the contrary, drivers will start losing their ability after certain age and the decrease would be faster with a 38 year old driver than a 35 year old driver for example.
I'm interested in joining - are there any free spots?

Dominik Karda | MAC Racing - #7 - Race Driver
I'm okay with handing over BAR if Syvis is cool with it.
I can share the Sauber entry, if it is ok.

Since I haven't heard back from Dom yet and he only recently signed up for this, I'm extending the deadline to Thurday 9PM CET. However, if Dom responds before that, the second round of bids starts after I get everything sorted out and it'll be open until Sunday since I'll be away for the weekend. Everyone else has made their bids.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2020 09:34PM by Syvis.
Re: F1 Manager - Season 2004 (5 spots open)
Date: October 08, 2020 09:54PM
Posted by: Syvis
First round of bids is now done. I didn't get any messages from Dom but he can still join and I think he can still take one of BAR or Sauber. The info in the first post has been updated with accepted bids. The second post containing available drivers and tehcnical directors is also updated.

The second round of bids is underway! The deadline is Monday October 12th 5PM. On this round you can bid for all of your remaining open slots (#1 driver, #2 driver, test driver and technical director).
Well that was completely pointless

Re: F1 Manager - Season 2004 (5 spots open)
Date: October 08, 2020 11:50PM
Posted by: Calligaris
The expense table is too big for the post, can't see the last columns
(Bids sent)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 12:01AM by Calligaris.
Thanks for the heads up. It was ok on my desktop but my phone cut it off too. Now you should see it.
Syvis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for the heads up. It was ok on my desktop
> but my phone cut it off too. Now you should see
> it.

Perfect, thanks
Fingers crossed I managed to get some drivers in this round

Apologies, I didn't check out this forum too regularly...

I will take Sauber, if it's alright.

Can you send me bids for Sauber's open spots as quickly as possible? The deadline is in 30 minutes but I'm willing to wait a bit longer.
Sure, no problem

The second round of bids is now over. First post and available drivers have been updated accordingly. Still need a #2 driver for Ferrari, #2 and test driver for McLaren and the whole driver lineup for Jaguar. I won't put a deadline this time since we can't start either way before we get those bids. So Parachki and KimiHeikki, send me those asap.
Looks like Renault is taking the #1 then :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy