GP4.exe for CSM [Solved]

Posted by mralpha 
GP4.exe for CSM [Solved]
Date: September 20, 2020 10:06PM
Posted by: mralpha
Hi everyone. Given that I'm not a lover of CSM (certainly because I don't know how to use it), I have difficulty in the installation of the MODs. This is because I don't use the right exe. Even yesterday it happened, in fact, in the information window there was something like: "the file is not the decrypted exe or it is modified by Tweaker". Something similar. Of course in the GP4 folder there is a decrypted exe, often modified with GP4Tweaker. How should I proceed? If there was, could I have a link to a tutorial on using the CSM? I have not found it. Thank you in advance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2020 09:52AM by mortal.
Re: GP4.exe for CSM
Date: September 20, 2020 10:55PM
Posted by: mortal
Checked the FAQ?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 21, 2020 09:36AM
Yes. I have searched, but there is not what I ask. Maybe my question is not clear?
Date: September 21, 2020 10:27AM
The decrypted exe is in the downloads area.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: September 21, 2020 10:46AM
I have the decrypted exe 1.02, but CSM still tells me it's not good. I have tried some, but "corrupted" by GP4Tweaker and they are not good. The only one I haven't used is an exe that runs GP4 Master (I don't know why it only works with that). As soon as I have a chance, I send an image of the window that appears to me.
Date: September 21, 2020 11:07AM
Get the one from the downloads area. It's a clean exe.

Date: September 21, 2020 11:40AM
Ok. I'll try.
Date: September 21, 2020 11:49AM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
mralpha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have the decrypted exe 1.02, but CSM still tells
> me it's not good. I have tried some, but
> "corrupted" by GP4Tweaker and they are not good.
> The only one I haven't used is an exe that runs
> GP4 Master (I don't know why it only works with
> that). As soon as I have a chance, I send an image
> of the window that appears to me.

Mh... if I correctly remember, GP4Master works only with GP4.exe 1.0 (withouth 9.6 patch). Have you tried to instal 9.6 patch and decripted gp4.exe 1.02?

Samuele
32BOBO32
Date: September 21, 2020 03:00PM
It's all right, Samuele. Patch, exe, and whatnot. Now I don't remember exactly the message in the window, but as soon as I can post a screenshot. Forcing a little, the installation of the MOD (2019) started. The files are in the "GPSAVES" folder, the MOD icon appears in the main screen of the CSM, but, even selecting it, I do not have access to the "start" button. I will make new attempts.
Date: September 21, 2020 09:50PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
i recommend you to use a second, clean gp4 installation (i recommend the ready-to-play-version from gp4central for csm. it only causes issue if you change anything to the original files.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: September 21, 2020 11:54PM
In fact, I was thinking of using a fresh clean install for the MODs. Yours is a very interesting solution. I was not aware of it. I look for it immediately. Thanks a lot.
Re: GP4.exe for CSM (SOLVED)
Date: September 22, 2020 07:26AM
Thanks Carl_gpgame. With the clean GP4 of GP4Central I solved it, and the installation of the MOD was successful. In any case, I send the screenshot of what appeared to me.

[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2020 09:30AM by mralpha.
Re: GP4.exe for CSM [Solved]
Date: September 22, 2020 01:45PM
Posted by: clay
CSM is not for everyone there are people who succeed and others do not it is necessary to be good connoisseurs difficult to succeed for those who have never tried as not everyone succeeds CSM for many but not for everyone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2020 02:23PM by clay.
Re: GP4.exe for CSM [Solved]
Date: September 22, 2020 03:39PM
In the end, for those who know where to get their hands on the GP4 folders, it is quite simple. I say for small changes such as panels for gpxpatch, change music, gpi images, etc. For the moment, I think it's easier for me to have the entire GP4 folder updated to the desired year with the MOD. However, I must admit that with the CSM the loading is very fast. In fact, for example, with the new techniques of graphics and 3D modeling we have gone from the original 22 Mb cars.wad file to more than 1 Gb, with 10 car files per team against 2. When we were playing online, this was a problem, because the data transmission with cross cable from PC to PC is 1 Gb / sec. If the cars file was already more than 1 Gb, plus the circuit graphics, etc., the GP4 would crash often, probably when the two monitors displayed the same images (for example when the two "human" cars were overtaking. 'with each other). It was therefore necessary to resize the textures of the minor files for each car. Unfortunately with the CSM I have never tried on the net.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy