Performance Figures
Date: September 16, 2020 05:08PM
Posted by: jamejfio
Hello,

I was having a look at some performance files and saw some figures for the car perofrmances as well as driver performances, and they looked something like this:

794,814,800 CAR

16099,400,16128,400 DRIVER

Could any knowledgeable GP4 ppl tell me what each number means? I was looking into changing some values myself...

Thanks in advance,

James
Re: Performance Figures
Date: September 16, 2020 07:10PM
Posted by: munnzy
Hiya this first line
794,814,800 CAR this is car hp for qualifying and then race, the third is a variable number that can mean 814 plus or minus 800 to both figures

16099,400,16128,400 DRIVER
this row means grip level for the driver qualifying with a variable of 400 and then race grip for the driver with a variable of 400 plus or minus of up to 400 of the 16128 start.

as an example from one of mine

[Team #00]
Name=Mercedes,Mercedes
Performance=855,855,0
First Driver=44,Lewis Hamilton,16249,181,16182,103,
Second Driver=77,Valtteri Bottas,16256,249,16116,269

this shows no variance in hp for the engine and stays at 855 for qualifying and the race

the second set show not much drop in grip level for Hamilton but a bit more for Bottas to show his lack of consistency
hope this helps a bit
Date: September 16, 2020 07:18PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
Performance=855,855,0

I think the 0 after the last , means chance of mechanical failiure?

First Driver=44,Lewis Hamilton,16249,181,16182,103,

The last figure means how much his speed will differentiate, in this case 181 and 103

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: September 16, 2020 08:33PM
Thx for the replies peeps, now it makes a lot more sense.

Grand Prix 4 community is the BEST

Cheers
Date: September 17, 2020 06:33PM
Posted by: huskyman49
#munnzy:
I was taught that the sequence of the values is as following: Performance: value1 = race, value2 = qualifying!? Same for drivers performance.
Ran it always like that and it worked allright for me...
Date: September 17, 2020 07:21PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Karl is correct, the second number is qualifying! Let's not spread false information ;)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2020 07:21PM by salvasirignano.
Date: September 19, 2020 09:55AM
Posted by: munnzy
yeah you are correct the last figure is the chance on mechanical failure. as for trying to spread false information , i was only trying to help a guy now one had replied to with any help.
So sit on you high horse and criticise all you want if it makes you feel better.
Date: September 19, 2020 10:30AM
Thanks to everyone! I appreciate all replies equally. The incentive to help in this community is truly amazing more than any other game I have played!
Date: September 19, 2020 11:02AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
munnzy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yeah you are correct the last figure is the chance
> on mechanical failure. as for trying to spread
> false information , i was only trying to help a
> guy now one had replied to with any help.
> So sit on you high horse and criticise all you
> want if it makes you feel better.

Hey munnzy, sorry I wasn't criticising, I know you were trying to help! As you probably know, when you can't find the correct information on something it can be very frustrating. I've wasted days testing things out in Sims like rF1 and Automobilista because some parameter hadn't been explained properly, and you think it will affect things but it didn't in the way you might have hoped.
Sorry again!

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy