GRAND PRIX 2020: The F1 2020 mod

Posted by Carl_gpgames 
rracunis
Thanks for your reply Carl. Unfortunately couldn't fix the problems. The issues I have had here:

1. Visors are not cleaned with the key W
2. Pause key continue being the P instead of space bar that I used before
3. Pitcrews don't shown in game
4. CSM loads the MOD which , however , doesn't start at the first attempt , restoring instead . Immediately I try again and then I can play the game
5. After a couple of laps , the game crashs coming back to the desktop saying the GP4 exe is not working

The MOD is amazing Carl , I've pointed those issues out just trying to improve it .

Thanks again for your testing! It's a great help to improve the mod!

1. I really have no idea :( did you check and edit the keybind.ini in the mod's tweaker folder? for me it works (i assigned a controller button with JoyToKey).
2. I think if you set up a controller in GP4, it is automatically the space bar, if you set up keys it is P. i use a controller and space bar works for me. Have you set up a controller as well?
3. For me they do:

But i have noticed, that even you set the f1graphics.cfg line to "1" (as shown above), sometimes in the GP4 graphics menu it is still to "higest". set that to "high".
4. Sorry, i can't help with that as i don't have this error. Do you use a clean version of GP4?
5. Same here, i can't reproduce this error right now. Can you post your error log? I won't be able to read it but some users here do and maybe they will help.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
rracunis
1. Visors are not cleaned with the key W
2. Pause key continue being the P instead of space bar that I used before
3. Pitcrews don't shown in game
4. CSM loads the MOD which , however , doesn't start at the first attempt , restoring instead . Immediately I try again and then I can play the game
5. After a couple of laps , the game crashs coming back to the desktop saying the GP4 exe is not working

1 - I fixed with this line of Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\F1 2020\Data\Tweaker\gp4tweak_data\keibind.ini = VisorDirtWipe = @VK_W
2 - Is it possible? Using Gpxpatch keys.ini?
3 - Try changhing from maximum to high the pitcrew details level in ingame graphic option
4 - Sorry, never happened
5 - If activated, try disabling "no refuel animation" in CSM menu

Samuele
32BOBO32
Re: GRAND PRIX 2020: THE F1 2020 CSM MOD [v0.9 released]
Date: October 19, 2020 12:08PM
Posted by: fongu
1 - agree with Samuele, seems like quite a few mods change this key mapping, but that's the fix to get it back to W key as I'm used to it (playing on keyboard when I don't have my wheel)
5 - again, Samuele's trick works, but also try deleting the f1graphics.bak and the f1gstate.sav and f1gstate.bak files and running again. that helped me too.

Good evening, guys, I was wondering if you can enable that speed animation over Halo, in the T-Cam view, can someone tell me if it is available ???
Thank you so much Carl, Samuele and Kev for your very useful help :-)

1. The VisorDirtEffect in the tweaker folder was set up to 0 and that's why the effect was not workig . All good now!
2. I've made a fresh installation of the Carl's original MOD ( my MOD has some modifications ) at the same gp4 folder of mine and apart from the issue of starting the game , everything else is working now , the pause is set up to the space bar and the pitcrew is visible during the pit stops. I didn't test enough the MOD but seems that it is not crashing anymore , will check out later on and let you know.

BTW Kev , amazing job you did with the DTM car's shape . Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2020 01:38PM by rracunis.
Date: October 20, 2020 12:46PM
Posted by: fongu
no problem Ricardo, glad to help mate (Y)

I too have made modifications that I forgot about - the visor dirt effect being one of them - and I am comparing it against my own personal mod too.

AugustoGibim
Is there any possibility of a non csm mod?
Many variables will be solved like this.
Relax. It doesn't have to be faithfully accurate. Just for fun.

Yes, sure, i will publish a non-csm version as well, once the mod is at version 1.0 :-)

rracunis
1. The VisorDirtEffect in the tweaker folder was set up to 0 and that's why the effect was not workig . All good now!

this is strange, beause i thought that the second line is for the player car only and the first is for all cars (incl. player). whatever, at least it's working now. :-)

VisorDirtEffect = 1  ; set to 1 to enable dirt effect tweak (CustomVisor must enabled)
VisorDirtPlayer = 0  ; set to 1 to enable dirt effect drawn on player car only

Carl_gpgames Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Is there any possibility of a non csm mod?
> Many variables will be solved like this.
> Relax. It doesn't have to be faithfully accurate.
> Just for fun.
>
>
> Yes, sure, i will publish a non-csm version as
> well, once the mod is at version 1.0 :-)
>
>
> 1. The VisorDirtEffect in the tweaker folder was
> set up to 0 and that's why the effect was not
> workig . All good now!
>
>
> this is strange, beause i thought that the second
> line is for the player car only and the first is
> for all cars (incl. player). whatever, at least
> it's working now. :-)
>
>
> VisorDirtEffect = 1 ; set to 1 to enable dirt
> effect tweak (CustomVisor must enabled)
> VisorDirtPlayer = 0 ; set to 1 to enable dirt
> effect drawn on player car only
>

That's exactly how it is now . VisorDirtEffect=1 and VisorDirtPlayer = 0(Y)
I have 2 MODs installed at the same directory , the original from Carl and his MOD with some modifications from the 2020 I had already made . The F1graphics , texture resolution , screen resolution etc are the same , his MOD works beautifully and mine has the PO very high , freezing the game all the time .
Under this circumstances , apart from the textures and LODs , is there something else which can cause this issue ?
Date: October 21, 2020 07:10PM
Posted by: kedy89
2glimit ram .cap file maybe? Having or not having it can make a huge difference in my experience.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 2glimit ram .cap file maybe? Having or not having
> it can make a huge difference in my experience.

+1

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

if you use ReShade and/or the DirectX8to9 converter, you must set CPU to "all" in gpxpatch

Thank you Kedy , Arnaud and Carl for your reply.
I removed the 2glimit ram .cap file from the MOD and that messed up the video ingame. The gpxpatch was already in All and the ReShade doesn't work because seems that DirectX9 is not installed in the GP4 directory. However, I found out that the MOD doesn't start properly when I set up to DirectX9 , coming back to DirectX8.1, it works fine. Also, I've figured out that the freeze doesn't happen if the car shadow resolution is set to 256 texels - low , if set to 2048 ultra high doesn't work at all. I have still to test the other options of the shadow resolution for the final understanding .
I would like to know:

1. Is it possible to set up more than 9 panels in the gpxinfo ?
2. Is it possible to replace the panel number 1 by the number 2 in the gpxpatch ( images below ) ?

rracunis
1. Is it possible to set up more than 9 panels in the gpxinfo ?
2. Is it possible to replace the panel number 1 by the number 2 in the gpxpatch ( images below ) ?

1. Yes, i think there are up to 100 panels possible in gpxcinfo
2. No, because those are gpxsat-panels and there is, as far as i understand, no relation to gpxcinfo. but you can hide them by pressing K

Date: October 23, 2020 07:13PM
Posted by: Jordhy
Hello, I use the keys. (>;) And (<;) to turn right and left, but in this mod, it seems that they have another function, this makes it impossible for me to make the curves with more precision, because it moves the whole set , any help will be very welcome and thank you in advance. (google translate)
Jordhy
Hello, I use the keys. (>;) And (<;) to turn right and left, but in this mod, it seems that they have another function, this makes it impossible for me to make the curves with more precision, because it moves the whole set , any help will be very welcome and thank you in advance. (google translate)

Do you mean the head view movement? disable it.

Date: October 24, 2020 01:14AM
Posted by: Jordhy
Do you mean the movement of the front view? disable it.

Okay, now it's perfect, thanks and good weekend to everyone.
Date: October 24, 2020 10:15AM
Posted by: jbs
please which command to turn off visors (on the keyboard)
thankful
a new update is available at p1!

changes:
- new panels in 2020 style (built from scratch, based on tv screenshots)
- hulkenberg / stroll driver change for nurburgring
- new track previw video for portimao
- some small fixes

note: press "K" while in game to disable gpxsat panels

please do completely delete your existing installation of the mod and download & install both "F1 2020.cuh" and "F1 2020_part2"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy