GRAND PRIX 2020: The F1 2020 mod

Posted by Carl_gpgames 
> Carl, I've managed to play the game but still
> don't know how:)
> The drivers 21 and 22 in the teamart are not
> showing ingame , the tga pictures are 512x512 as
> recommended, I think the problem is the gph file ,
> maybe I have to update the hi_GP2001.gph file ,
> really don't know. Can you help me please ?
> Also I've noticed the cars , tyres and rims are
> much brighter than it used to be before , this is
> a MOD configuration or you've changed the alpha
> channels?
>
> Thank you Ricardo. The GPH-file should be fine
> (tested by Petrus himself (H)). But i put two
> empty gpi-files for driver 21 and 22 here (sorry,
> don't remember the numbers anymore):
> [i.imgur.com]
> If you delete them, it should work again.
> Otherwise you might check the swap.ini and
> globelvars.ini (i made some changes there too).
> About the brightnes of cars, tyres and rims i have
> no idea to be honest, i did not change anything in
> the original files. Can you try to set this line
> to 1 or 0 in f1graphics.cfg?
>
> 1 ; Max number of dynamic envmaps to use (1 to
> 22(!), 0=>off - for advanced carshader only) v3

Carl , I didn't get what you mean 2 empty files for the driver 21 and 22 , I couldn't find it to solve the problem. However, the logo of the 11th team is working well .
Apart from the drivers , the weather files are distorced ingame , some normal size , other big or small size.
Actually I've had difficult in understanding the GPH-file , don't know how to manage the GPH updater from Petrus
To enter in the MOD itself is still unstable , most of the time the CSM restores to the desktop . I think is some issue in the gpxpatch folder
Any help would be most welcome

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2020 07:29PM by rracunis.
Ricardo, just to be sure: Do you use a 100% clean version of GP4 with no modified files for CSM? because your issue sounds like you have a modified GPH-file in your main GP4-folder. The mod only changes the GPH-file if you set the Menu-Image-option to high and even then it changes only a few values in the GPH-file. There are absolutely no changes to the weather images which leads me to assume that you have an already modified GPH-file. i have no tested the mod on 5 different screens and at least 10 different resolutions and did not have any issues in the menus.

These are the only changes i made to the hi-res-gph-file:
[Vars]
drivers = 33,55,56,60-64,66,68,70,72,74,75,193,268-273,304 
;helmets = 195,199-218,336
logos = 49-51,142-149
gridcars = 178,179,182-190
;weather124 = 124-130,133-139

%drivers% = 512x512
;%helmets% = 64x64
%logos% = 512x512
%gridcars% = 400x100
;%weather124% = 160x128
;131 = 244x128
;132 = 256x32
44 = 512x512
45 = 512x512
46 = 512x512
47 = 512x512
102 = 512x512
103 = 512x512
294 = 512x512
371 = 512x512

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Re: GRAND PRIX 2020: THE F1 2020 CSM MOD [v0.9 released]
Date: October 14, 2020 08:11PM
Posted by: petrus
Excalibur: We can't select the language in the mod config. I can do it only into the game options but when you start the mod again, language preferences are not saved and I have to select the language manually in game again.
That is the normal behaviour of GP4. If you want to change your starting language, run the original GP4, change your language ingame and exit the game with saving. The "language_name" is stored inside the "f1system.txt" file.

rracunis: I didn't get what you mean 2 empty files for the driver 21 and 22
In the teamart folder: driver21 = 304.gpi, driver22 = 271.gpi.
If you want to play with a team11, you have to provide driver21 and driver22 images in the teamart subfolder drivers (Hi and Med) and remove the empty 271.gpi and 304.gpi from the teamart.

Actually I've had difficult in understanding the GPH-file , don't know how to manage the GPH updater from Petrus. Any help would be most welcome
The mods GPH file is okay, so I don't think your problems are related to it.
If you want help with GPHUpdater, please tell me exactly what you want to do and which part you did not understand - questions best posted in Hires GPI and the GPH file.

petrus' gpaedia files

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2020 08:28PM by petrus.
Excalibur écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some feedbacks after several tests. I am not a CSM
> user so maybe there are things I did wrong.
> 1- We can't select the language in the mod config.
> I can do it only into the game options but when
> you start the mod again, language preferences are
> not saved and I have to select the language
> manually in game again.

I've not this problem. I'm french and I use the 2018 mod extracted from csm, after installing original exe and cars.wad of course, and it does work very fine. I don't need to select language each time. You have another solution : you run the mod and you do ctrl + alt + delay. Then you select "task Manager" and you copy all the files of the 2020 mod into an empty folder. At the end, you have just the difficulty to copy the gp4tweak.bin but if you're skill you can get it. Then, you have your own 2020 mod with your language and everything you have selected in the csm parameters before the start without problem at all.
petrus Wrote:
> Excalibur: We can't select the language in the mod
> config. I can do it only into the game options but
> when you start the mod again, language preferences
> are not saved and I have to select the language
> manually in game again.
> That is the normal behaviour of GP4. If you want
> to change your starting language, run the original
> GP4, change your language ingame and exit the game
> with saving. The "language_name" is stored inside
> the "f1system.txt" file.
>
> rracunis: I didn't get what you mean 2 empty files
> for the driver 21 and 22
> In the teamart folder: driver21 = 304.gpi,
> driver22 = 271.gpi.
> If you want to play with a team11, you have to
> provide driver21 and driver22 images in the
> teamart subfolder drivers (Hi and Med) and remove
> the empty 271.gpi and 304.gpi from the teamart.
>
> Actually I've had difficult in understanding the
> GPH-file , don't know how to manage the GPH
> updater from Petrus. Any help would be most
> welcome
> The mods GPH file is okay, so I don't think your
> problems are related to it.
> If you want help with GPHUpdater, please tell me
> exactly what you want to do and which part you did
> not understand - questions best posted in Hires
> GPI and the GPH file.

Thanks Carl and Petrus for the reply. Solved the issue with the drivers, slowly am getting used to the GPH files. Still having difficulties to understand to which width and height correspond each numbers and letters.
I did some tests to check why the MOD has been unstable to start but didn't go ahead because the mouse symbol inside the MOD disappeared after the changes and I don't know in which file the mouse is located
rracunis
I don't know in which file the mouse is located

It should be 294.gpi

Samuele
32BOBO32
if you guys wish, i can also make a non-csm version of the mod once it is finished.
the problem about non-csm mods (besides the reduced amount of options) is always the size; f. e. if you want to have track-spefific car liveries in a non-csm mod, there will be a new cars.wad for each new livery change (max. 17 cars.wad for 17 tracks, otherwise you have to use the same livery for each track). one cars.wad is between 800-900 mb. the mod will then be at least 10gb or even above (not even including tracks). That's why i prefer csm over non-csm; i have all seasons from 1990-2020 on my pc, now, with csm they use a total space of 30GB, if it was non-csm, it would be around 300gb...

I would be happy to have a freely editable 11th team as well.
Carl_gpgames écrivait:
> if you guys wish, i can also make a non-csm
> version of the mod once it is finished.
> the problem about non-csm mods (besides the
> reduced amount of options) is always the size; f.
> e. if you want to have track-spefific car liveries
> in a non-csm mod, there will be a new cars.wad for
> each new livery change (max. 17 cars.wad for 17
> tracks, otherwise you have to use the same livery
> for each track). one cars.wad is between 800-900
> mb. the mod will then be at least 10gb or even
> above (not even including tracks). That's why i
> prefer csm over non-csm; i have all seasons from
> 1990-2020 on my pc, now, with csm they use a total
> space of 30GB, if it was non-csm, it would be
> around 300gb...

As I don't speak and understand very well english I don't know if you're angry but I can tell you that you and your friends have made a very great and wonderful work. I'm not able to do that ; two years ago I was starting a mod called "grand prix games mod" with 22 different cars extracted from different mods. It was a funny mod but I failed and never finished it cause I'm not very skill. The mod 2020 is really nice. Sometimes I try other simulation games like Project 3, recently released, formula one etc... but they are very bad, heavies, impracticables, unstables. According to me, after almost 20 years, GP4 stays the best simulation for cars and you greatly (?) involve the game. The mod 2020 is perfect in details and the number of parameters and possibilities. There are a few little imperfections but it doesn't matter. I extracted all the mod to be able changing for myself what I don't like. I've changed the loading to my taste and to have a bar loading, I deleted a part of commentaries cause it's boring for me to listen always the same words, and to listen them in english that's not my language ; I replaced the gpxsat.ini translated in french for an easier reading for me in the game. As I don't run in T-cam, I changed the value in the ini file to be able to see the panel names in the cockpit. The only thing I can't change is the mouse pointer cause when i replace the 294gpi with another one it's worse. But it doesn't matter, the main is I really enjoy your mod. Criticize would be too easy, the best is involve the mod ourself to our taste. I don't have the 17 different carswad for the 17 different tracks but i don't mind. I'm very happy to drive, that's all. Thanks again.(Y)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2020 04:13PM by viking75.
viking75
As I don't speak and understand very well english I don't know if you're angry but I can tell you that you and your friends have made a very great and wonderful work. ...

thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!
don't worry, no need to be angry. it was just a suggestion that i can include a non-csm version as well if requested. :-)

white falcon
I would be happy to have a freely editable 11th team as well.

i'll have a look at it for the next update.

Yes plis
Very good work!! Congratulations!!!
Many thanks!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Few questions:

1. How to set the space bar as the pause key instead of the key P ?
2. The key W is not working for the visor cleaning , how to fix it ?
3. During the pitstop the pitcrew are not showing , how to fix it ?

All happened after gpxpatch folder's changes

Thanks
Meteoro405
Very good work!! Congratulations!!!
Many thanks!
Thanks a lot!

rracunis
Few questions:

1. How to set the space bar as the pause key instead of the key P ?
2. The key W is not working for the visor cleaning , how to fix it ?
3. During the pitstop the pitcrew are not showing , how to fix it ?

All happened after gpxpatch folder's changes

Thanks

1. Did you try to edit it here:

2. That's my fault, i think there is still my personal keybind.ini in the mod. i will change it for the next update. the file is here, you can just overwrite it with yours (or one from another mod)
\F1 2020\Data\Tweaker\gp4tweak_data

3. Is this line in your f1graphics.cfg to "1"? If it is set to "2", pitcrews and mashalls will be invisible:
1			; Animation rendering mode. (0 - cheap lighting, 1 - proper lighting, 2 - VS) v2

Thanks for this work :)
Thanks for your reply Carl. Unfortunately couldn't fix the problems. The issues I have had here:

1. Visors are not cleaned with the key W
2. Pause key continue being the P instead of space bar that I used before
3. Pitcrews don't shown in game
4. CSM loads the MOD which , however , doesn't start at the first attempt , restoring instead . Immediately I try again and then I can play the game
5. After a couple of laps , the game crashs coming back to the desktop saying the GP4 exe is not working

The MOD is amazing Carl , I've pointed those issues out just trying to improve it .
I would like to install this mod, but I can't get the actual ZAZ tools. I found a few download links, but no one is working.
Where can I get the Carset Manager or ZAZ Tools? Thank you so much!
Is there any possibility of a non csm mod?
Many variables will be solved like this.
Relax. It doesn't have to be faithfully accurate. Just for fun.
ferrariracer Wrote:
> I would like to install this mod, but I can't get
> the actual ZAZ tools. I found a few download
> links, but no one is working.
> Where can I get the Carset Manager or ZAZ Tools?
> Thank you so much!

Here you have : [www.mediafire.com]
After install it , you have to go to options and untick fastwad check and autoupdate
Thank you so much, no it is working. Can you please give me some more advice? Which tracks can you recommend for this mod?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy