GRAND PRIX 2020: The F1 2020 mod

Posted by Carl_gpgames 
Carl , weird thing here !. The CSM launchs the MOD but the game doesn't start , instead the MOD is restored coming back to the desktop.
Any idea ?
strange! have you deleted all previous versions of the mod?
Maybe you can also try to disable hardware acceleration and directx9.
i have just installed it on another computer and it works there.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Thanks Carl.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Splen-did ! Many thx, Carl.
rracunis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Carl , weird thing here !. The CSM launchs the MOD
> but the game doesn't start , instead the MOD is
> restored coming back to the desktop.
> Any idea ?

Hi Carl , is the same for me ..

Pc gaming (windows 10 Home) , CSM launch the MOD but at the moment to play the game .... come back to the desktop..

But , on my laptop (Windows 10 Home but laptop has 4 years older than PC Gaming.. ) I haven't any problems and I can play with successful

How Can I do to play with PC gaming ? ... I also try to disabled hardware acceleration and direct 9 but nothing to do .. come back to the desktop :(
try to delete all videos (F1 2020\Menu\Videos), maybe they are the problem.

Re: GRAND PRIX 2020: THE F1 2020 CSM MOD [v0.9 released]
Date: October 12, 2020 07:59AM
Posted by: KEI
Thank you for the new mod.
If I don't use TSM, it works fine, but when I load the course with TSM, it doesn't start with an error. What is the cause?
Carl, unfortunately it's not working yet. And all worked well in the previous versions that you sent me previously
rracunis Wrote:
> Carl, unfortunately it's not working yet. And all
> worked well in the previous versions that you sent
> me previously

I start to have this issue today :O Never had before and it worked fine until yesterday :|

Samuele
32BOBO32
Carl, I've managed to play the game but still don't know how:)
The drivers 21 and 22 in the teamart are not showing ingame , the tga pictures are 512x512 as recommended, I think the problem is the gph file , maybe I have to update the hi_GP2001.gph file , really don't know. Can you help me please ?
Also I've noticed the cars , tyres and rims are much brighter than it used to be before , this is a MOD configuration or you've changed the alpha channels?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 01:01PM by rracunis.
Guys, good morning, wonderful MOD, it's running round here, I saw an image in this topic, that TV image on top of Halo, speedometer and other information, but when I play I don't see it in the game, can it be enabled ?? ??
Some feedbacks after several tests. I am not a CSM user so maybe there are things I did wrong.
1- We can't select the language in the mod config. I can do it only into the game options but when you start the mod again, language preferences are not saved and I have to select the language manually in game again.
2- Mod's graphics are lower than into my personal game, even using my personal f1 graphics.cfg file. I set all the graphics on High into the mod but the result is not the same (aliasing).
3- I can't use my controller settings with the mod, even if I load my own settings and calibrate it, it doesn't work correctly.
4- Random crashes after a few laps whatever I use original tracks or updated ones.

Except this, the mod looks very good...:-)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2020 03:28PM by Excalibur.
32BOBO32
rracunis Wrote:
> Carl, unfortunately it's not working yet. And all
> worked well in the previous versions that you sent
> me previously

I start to have this issue today :O Never had before and it worked fine until yesterday :|

Samuele Pinna
32BOBO32

Thank you Samuele. Unfortunately it's not possible for me to reproduce your issue since i don't have it myself. Maybe someboday who understands the CSM-structure better than i do could check it. Did you turn off all directX settings (sound and graphics) in the mod? they are known to not work on all computers. Also you could try to delete the 4gb-patch in the patch folder, maybe it has some negative effect on some computers too.

rracunis
Carl, I've managed to play the game but still don't know how:)
The drivers 21 and 22 in the teamart are not showing ingame , the tga pictures are 512x512 as recommended, I think the problem is the gph file , maybe I have to update the hi_GP2001.gph file , really don't know. Can you help me please ?
Also I've noticed the cars , tyres and rims are much brighter than it used to be before , this is a MOD configuration or you've changed the alpha channels?
Thank you Ricardo. The GPH-file should be fine (tested by Petrus himself (H)). But i put two empty gpi-files for driver 21 and 22 here (sorry, don't remember the numbers anymore):

If you delete them, it should work again. Otherwise you might check the swap.ini and globelvars.ini (i made some changes there too).
About the brightnes of cars, tyres and rims i have no idea to be honest, i did not change anything in the original files. Can you try to set this line to 1 or 0 in f1graphics.cfg?
1			; [MAIN VIEW] Max number of dynamic envmaps to use (1 to 22(!), 0=>off  - for advanced carshader only) v3

rcfortes
Guys, good morning, wonderful MOD, it's running round here, I saw an image in this topic, that TV image on top of Halo, speedometer and other information, but when I play I don't see it in the game, can it be enabled ?? ??

Thank you! We are not allowed to have it in the mod since it's a modified version of AugustoGibims 2019 HUD. Anyway, he is working on a 2020 HUD, maybe he will allow us to use this one, once he releases it.

Excalibur
Some feedbacks after several tests. I am not a CSM user so maybe there are things I did wrong.
1- We can't select the language in the mod config. I can do it only into the game options but when you start the mod again, language preferences are not saved and I have to select the language manually in game again.
2- Mod's graphics are lower than into my personal game, even using my personal f1 graphics.cfg file. I set all the graphics on High into the mod but the result is not the same (aliasing).
3- I can't use my controller settings with the mod, even if I load my own settings and calibrate it, it doesn't work correctly.
4- Random crashes after a few laps whatever I use original tracks or updated ones.

Except this, the mod looks very good...:-)

Thank you Arnaud!
1. I don't know how to do that. The language settings are stored in the f1gstate.sav, i assume? Does anybody know how to edit this file? Are there any mods who allow to change the language?
2. The only changes to the f1graphics.cfg are in the csm.ini and most of them can be changed through the csm-menu:
Do you use a second installation of GP4 for CSM? I assume you have some additional settings in your graphics cards settings (nvidia control panel?). If yes, you must apply these settings for each of your GP4 installations. There should be nothing else in CSM that takes effect on the graphics (as far as i understand).
3. Sorry, also here i don't really have an idea. I always had trouble to set up a controller in GP4, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Until i found the directx8 to driectx9 converter (which somehow takes effect on the direct input for controllers). since then, it works without problems (i use a fanatec csl elite f1) and the steering feels great. You could also try to disable the additional forcefeedback in the tweaker.ini.
4. Same as to the others - i can't reproduce this error. Someone said it's because of the 3d model of the mercedes, but i assume you use the same car on your non-csm version, so it won't be that.

Anyway: My appologies for not having a solution for all of these errors right now. I'll be trying to find one for the next update. :-)

Excalibur Wrote:

> 4- Random crashes after a few laps whatever I use
> original tracks or updated ones.

Try disabling No refuel animation option (Y)

Samuele
32BOBO32
Re: GRAND PRIX 2020: THE F1 2020 CSM MOD [v0.9 released]
Date: October 13, 2020 10:06PM
Posted by: kedy89
If you don't swap in a f1graphics via swap.ini in the mod, there could also be some lines in the csm.ini that might change your default f1graphics values.

Yeah don't use the norefuel, it works for a few people, but most get ctds when having it enabled.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Carl_gpgames

Thank you Samuele. Unfortunately it's not possible for me to reproduce your issue since i don't have it myself. Maybe someboday who understands the CSM-structure better than i do could check it. Did you turn off all directX settings (sound and graphics) in the mod? they are known to not work on all computers. Also you could try to delete the 4gb-patch in the patch folder, maybe it has some negative effect on some computers too.

Hi Carl, I made some checks reinstalling the mod using also the previous beta release and I discovered that everithing works fine till the F1 2020_update20201004 fix included. With F1 2020_update20201006 and F1 2020_update20201007 the game load, and when the loading bar reaches 100% the game closes itself and gpxpatch.

UPDATE:
After several test I find the problem: Disable Bump Map from CSM mod option causes the game crash... I don't know why but since the F1 2020_update20201006 update if you turn off the bump mapping the game will crash. :(

Samuele
32BOBO32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2020 12:30AM by 32BOBO32.
32BOBO32

Hi Carl, I made some checks reinstalling the mod using also the previous beta release and I discovered that everithing works fine till the F1 2020_update20201004 fix included. With F1 2020_update20201006 and F1 2020_update20201007 the game load, and when the loading bar reaches 100% the game closes itself and gpxpatch.

UPDATE:
After several test I find the problem: Disable Bump Map from CSM mod option causes the game crash... I don't know why but since the F1 2020_update20201006 update if you turn off the bump mapping the game will crash. :(

Samuele Pinna
32BOBO32

Hi Samuele,
Thanks again for testing. This is really weird because the only thing this option does is it sets the bumpmap line in f1graphics.cfg to 0 or to 1. Can you try to delete the "Resources" folder in the csm mod and test it again?

Edit: I have tested the bumpmap option both with enable and disable and did not have any crashes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2020 07:30AM by Carl_gpgames.
Carl_gpgames
This is really weird because the only thing this option does is it sets the bumpmap line in f1graphics.cfg to 0 or to 1. Can you try to delete the "Resources" folder in the csm mod and test it again?

Yeah it is really strange because basically it sets only a line in f1graphic.cfg :| I tried to delete the resources folder but crashed again... I'll try to make other test to try to understand whats's going wrong

UPDATE

Hi Carl, I solved my problem. Some day ago I tried a new f1graphic.cfg downloaded somewhere and I simply copied it in game folder. It worked nice with a lot of mods and also with 2020 'till the 04th October beta. There is probably something related in f1graphic.bak, f1gstate.sav and f1gstate.bak that caused those crashes because after i deleted them, 2020 mod started again to work like magic...
I suppose that some information contained in this four files are linked each other and when I overwrited the f1graphic.cfg with the one downloaded from the net some "links" have been broken...
BTW now everything is OK (*)

Samuele
32BOBO32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2020 04:30PM by 32BOBO32.
Nice, now you can watch the match against Holland this evening. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Nice, now you can watch the match against Holland
> this evening. ;-)

YEAHHHHH Forza azzurri :P

Samuele
32BOBO32
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy