Questions over Questions
Date: August 10, 2020 09:24PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
Good evening everybody,

I allow myself to ask a few questions that came up recently when i found myself driving some full-length races while my wife was out with friends and the kid was sleeping already. ;)

1. Mechanical failures
1.1) Which of them are actually related to the driving behaviour and which of them come up just randomy? I know that it is possible to blow the enigne when hitting the rev to hard, but how is it about the others?
1.2) Is it possible to tweak the effect of a puncture? I'm not Lewis Hamilton but the effect on the cars behaviour seems to be a bit strong. It becomes nearly undrivable and with traction control enabled the max. speed is about 70 kph.
1.3) A gearbox issue can easy be fixed by hitting the rev counter until the engine blows and the gears will come back magicaly. Is GP4 limited to have only 1 mechanical failure at the same time?

2. Pit stops
2.1) Is there a tweak to disable the steering- and braking help when entering and leaving the pits (except for the speed limiter tweak)? The same happens at some mechanical failures; The car will break automatically.
2.2) The pitstop-tweak doesn't work for me even though it's enabled in gp4tweak.ini. For example i would like to extend the time needed to fix a broken car.
2.3) If i enable the pit speed limiter manually (didn't get that to work yet, see 3.1), is there a penalty for speeding in the pits? I'm asking because there is a sample called "PP_SLOW_DOWN_" and "PP_WATCH_YOUR_SPEED" inside "PitProblem_eng.bnk" that i actually never heard ingame.

3. Tweaker
3.1) To be honest, i don't understand how to use the tweaker key bindings. What exactly is a "virtual keyboard" and how can i use it? i would like to bind some of these keys to my steering wheel (f.e. the pit limiter)
3.2) There seems to be a tweak to use individual cockpit mesh. Does it actually work and does it allow you to use different cockpit shapes at the same time?

4. Others
4.1) Is there a tweak to extend the time before that starting lights go on? I would like to have a 20-30 seconds break before the first one goes on.
4.2) Is it possible do start with a full tank (same amount of fuel laps as the race takes)? And if yes, is it possible for the AI as well?
4.3) Is there a guide available somwhere in how to set up a car? i did watch the gpaedia videos but i have never understood it completely.
4.4) I heard there is an f1graphics.cfg guide available. Would somebody be so kind to send it to me?

I'm sure that most of this questions have been asked already but i couldn't find the right answers yet. my appologies for that and thank you in advance.

Have a nice evening,
Carl

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Re: Questions over Questions
Date: August 10, 2020 10:19PM
Posted by: quickslick
i think this is the f1 graphics guide you are talking about [www.mediafire.com]
Date: August 11, 2020 12:24AM
Posted by: RHill
I too would like to know if the time before lights out can be extended.

You can start with full race fuel by editing the stops in the magic data to one lap further than race distance, but then there would be no pit stops.
Date: August 11, 2020 12:42AM
Posted by: joselugo8690
Carl_gpgames Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good evening everybody,
>
> I allow myself to ask a few questions that came up
> recently when i found myself driving some
> full-length races while my wife was out with
> friends and the kid was sleeping already. ;)
>
> 1. Mechanical failures
> 1.1) Which of them are actually related to the
> driving behaviour and which of them come up just
> randomy? I know that it is possible to blow the
> enigne when hitting the rev to hard, but how is it
> about the others?
> 1.2) Is it possible to tweak the effect of a
> puncture? I'm not Lewis Hamilton but the effect on
> the cars behaviour seems to be a bit strong. It
> becomes nearly undrivable and with traction
> control enabled the max. speed is about 70 kph.
> 1.3) A gearbox issue can easy be fixed by hitting
> the rev counter until the engine blows and the
> gears will come back magicaly. Is GP4 limited to
> have only 1 mechanical failure at the same time?
>
> 2. Pit stops
> 2.1) Is there a tweak to disable the steering- and
> braking help when entering and leaving the pits
> (except for the speed limiter tweak)? The same
> happens at some mechanical failures; The car will
> break automatically.
> 2.2) The pitstop-tweak doesn't work for me even
> though it's enabled in gp4tweak.ini. For example i
> would like to extend the time needed to fix a
> broken car.
> 2.3) If i enable the pit speed limiter manually
> (didn't get that to work yet, see 3.1), is there a
> penalty for speeding in the pits? I'm asking
> because there is a sample called "PP_SLOW_DOWN_"
> and "PP_WATCH_YOUR_SPEED" inside
> "PitProblem_eng.bnk" that i actually never heard
> ingame.
>
> 3. Tweaker
> 3.1) To be honest, i don't understand how to use
> the tweaker key bindings. What exactly is a
> "virtual keyboard" and how can i use it? i would
> like to bind some of these keys to my steering
> wheel (f.e. the pit limiter)
> 3.2) There seems to be a tweak to use individual
> cockpit mesh. Does it actually work and does it
> allow you to use different cockpit shapes at the
> same time?
>
> 4. Others
> 4.1) Is there a tweak to extend the time before
> that starting lights go on? I would like to have a
> 20-30 seconds break before the first one goes on.
>
> 4.2) Is it possible do start with a full tank
> (same amount of fuel laps as the race takes)? And
> if yes, is it possible for the AI as well?
> 4.3) Is there a guide available somwhere in how to
> set up a car? i did watch the gpaedia videos but i
> have never understood it completely.
> 4.4) I heard there is an f1graphics.cfg guide
> available. Would somebody be so kind to send it to
> me?
>
> I'm sure that most of this questions have been
> asked already but i couldn't find the right
> answers yet. my appologies for that and thank you
> in advance.
>
> Have a nice evening,
> Carl

X2
Date: August 11, 2020 10:40AM
Posted by: fongu
I think the explanation of failures is in the manual, it's not really changed since GP2, but other than overheating your engine, no other failures can be induced, they are random. I didn't know about the gear failure thing I have to say, but a pitstop magically fixes everything! It is extremely rare, but I have had two failures in the same lap before. You can, of course, have a puncture for example and overheat the engine if you wanted to test it out.

Date: August 12, 2020 08:39PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
quickslick
i think this is the f1 graphics guide you are talking about [www.mediafire.com]
Thank you Jürgen. You're probably storing everthing that has ever been released, aren't you? :-) This guide is not perfect but if i find some time i'll try to improve it. i've always thought about a guide which shows screenshots for each setting. takes some time but would help a lot.

RHill
You can start with full race fuel by editing the stops in the magic data to one lap further than race distance, but then there would be no pit stops.
Thank you. So no way to force the AI to only change tyres?

fongu
I think the explanation of failures is in the manual, it's not really changed since GP2, but other than overheating your engine, no other failures can be induced, they are random. I didn't know about the gear failure thing I have to say, but a pitstop magically fixes everything! It is extremely rare, but I have had two failures in the same lap before. You can, of course, have a puncture for example and overheat the engine if you wanted to test it out.
Thank you fongu. At least it would be great to extend the time to fix it while in pit. there is an option in the tweaker files but i have not figured out how to enable it so far.

Would be great if somebody could help me with the tweaker key bindings.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy