GP4 Mod/Pit Questions
Date: July 29, 2020 10:38PM
Posted by: Grand
Hello everyone, I am new to the Forum. As a longtime player of GP4, I came back to play my all-time favorite game. Now I wanted to replay the good old 90's F1, the glory days of the F1.

First of all, I see a lot of really talented, motivated people around here. You guys making this game even more awesome then it is already. With all these Mods and things, this Game is still way better than the new Codemasters F1 series which looks good in graphics but mostly that's it. The game feels so empty, no Hotseat, no AI Crashes or failures, nothing.

Now my project with my brother and his two kids is that we will play the F1 from 1988 to 2020 with weekly 100% races in the awesome Hotseat Mode. I downloaded a lot of Mods already and found out that I have 3 "issues" or questions with all the mods to make it a good campaign for us.

Picture here

1 - In the upper picture is the 1988 mod *the picture looks broken but it is there on the link. Everything works well but I have this only problem with the Cockpit. There is like an additional layer on the screen in which I cant see the pit commands on the steering wheel. So for Pit Stops its useless. So I wanna get rid of it. I tried to turn off Visors in the globalvars.ini but it doesn't work. Even if there is no wheel, we don't bother because we play in the T-Cam and switch down for Pit Stops to change things. In the picture you see the the layer marked red, its not even in the right resolution and I wanna get rod off it. My question now is:
How do I can get rid of that "cockpit layer" that I can use the Commands for Pits in our Center wheel?

2 - As we talked about Pit Stops, I did some simulations with other mods like the 1991 - 1994 and it looks like the AI never went to the Pits in half Race. Also in some Mods, the Pitcrew comes out when I am already at my Pit Stall, and in other Mods, the crew is waiting. I have to fix Pitstop On in my GPX. So I have 2 Questions here.
How can I make sure, or adjust that the AI is going to PIT during the Races?
How can I fix the Pitcrew thing that they wait for me?

Sorry for my questions but I am a total noob when it comes to modding and editing. Thank you already for your help Guys.

Cheers from Switzerland

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2020 10:39PM by Grand.
Re: GP4 Mod/Pit Questions
Date: July 30, 2020 05:48PM
Posted by: rracunis
I guess I had the same problem in the past and that's why I made some modifications years ago. Here you have the 1988 MOD I have in my PC: [www.mediafire.com]
Hope it helps
Date: July 31, 2020 12:53PM
Posted by: Grand
rracunis schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I guess I had the same problem in the past and
> that's why I made some modifications years ago.
> Here you have the 1988 MOD I have in my PC:
> [www.mediafire.com]
> 8.rar/file
> Hope it helps

thank you so much! it works now. great, now i can enjoy it¨:-)
Are the AI a bit slower? i tried a race in mexico and thought that i am the fastest (senna and prost manual)
Date: July 31, 2020 05:15PM
Posted by: teunieeegp4
Thanks rracunis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy