Supertracks WIP - The 4 circuits of Interlagos

Posted by Zacio Geribello 

Interlagos was 80yo in May, 2020. The racing cars community and fans miss a lot the original track and are always trying to bring it back, without losing the present one. As you can see, the "autodrome" (as we call it) admits more than one coexisting alternative, so, there goes one more :)

The GREEN one is the original track, still there's a little part missing above the central "S" I added to the PURPLE circuit. The central S for Senna naturally is a joy of the proposed "supertrack" drawing for Interlagos. It is also an important recover of historical turns of Ferradura, Subida do Lago e Sargento (Horseshoe, Lake Climb and Seargent) in a way: a reverse Seargent, a lookalike Horsehoe and a "simbolic" way up the lake. The Lake is actually part of the circuit, because the Straight was extended until the previous Curve 3 of the original track. The Laranja turn is almost fully recovered and the Bico do Pato or Cotovelo (Duckbill or Elbow) was a little widened. Still the Junction turn (last turn of the internal ring, coming back to the external ring) is going back to the original one, also widened as many believe is a better choice. Still being made.

The YELLOW circuit is the one we have now, as you can see is just half part of the track. And the BLUE one is the external ring. All explain better after finishing the project :) - The PURPLE circuit I believe is better then the present one, which is also good, but Interlagos has many options. The PURPLE would allow bigger emotions and overtakings, I figure...

Horacio
My version of a revised Interlagos with little modifications, see the black arrows:

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
I liked the changes you made to the circuits, both the original and the short version, with very simple reforms :) - Indeed! The little detour after Curva 4 directly to the Subida do Lago and Reta Oposta was very goodl. And you kept the original Junção, which is better than the new traced one. I didn't want to lose the Senna chicane (they say Senna drew it, don't know if it is a fact) after the Finish Line so I lost the epic Curva do Sol and the Sargento :) - About Bico de Pato, I think it was challenging when cars were not so fast (acceleration-elasticity) but now at least in virtual racing we almost have to stop the car to make it, maybe it would do some good to make a little bit wider or inclined.

Horacio
Re: Supertracks WIP - The 4 circuits of Interlagos
Date: July 04, 2020 12:30PM
Posted by: landex
An interesting track!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy