Insert CD - (SOLVED)

Posted by Meteoro405 
Insert CD - (SOLVED)
Date: June 29, 2020 01:23AM
Posted by: Meteoro405
After two power supplies burned down in less than 24 hours (and due to the strict insulation by covid-19 that prevents me from getting parts) I decided to put together a "new" PC at home. I put 2 HD (1 tera and 600 mb) in the first one I installed Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bits) and in the other one, Windows XP (sp3).
I installed GP4, GpxPatch and CSM following the compatibility rules (I renamed the damn DLL that increases the PO) and it worked properly at 1680x1050 (which is the most this monitor supports). But I was not comfortable with that (for example CSM did not show the icons of each mod).
So I installed Windows XP on the other disk and installed GP4, GpxPatch and CSM ... and GP4 asks to insert the CD!
I reinstalled everything again (after cleaning the registry) patch 9.6, I tried the "clean" exe that I had in the cloud, it always asks for the CD ... something that in the last 15 years never happened to me.
Finally, and for it to work I created a virtual drive and mounted an ISO copy of the GP4 CD ... and this is how it works ...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 04:34PM by Meteoro405.
Don't know about the rest, but my newest PC doesn't have a physical CD drive and I always need to mount the ISO to a virtual drive for GP4 to work.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Have you downloaded no cd version of GP4.exe and copied it to Grand Prix 4 folder?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2020 11:20AM by RusPro.
I have the same problem, and I agree with PRBlanco, its caused by not having a physical CD / DVD drive.

I'm guessing that even with the NoCD patch, it still checks to see if there is a drive present, just doesnt check whether it is the correct CD or not.
It is indeed so. If there is no physical presence of CD / DVD drive, the patch does not work (I imagine that at the time of the patch, all PCs had a CD drive).
So I will use the virtual drive, but it takes up memory ....
Thanks guys for the help.

PS: Should we put the topic in the FAQ?

Keeping alive the GP4
Re: Insert CD - (SOLVED)
Date: June 29, 2020 07:39PM
Posted by: Darksoul
Got the same issue with my new laptop. How to create a virtual drive?

Christel VXR driver #6.

Date: June 29, 2020 07:44PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
the easiest way is to just doubleclick the gp4.iso once you want to run the game. no additional software needed.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: June 29, 2020 07:48PM
Download Virtual Clone Drive (or similar) VIRTUAL CLONE DRIVE

Download GP4 ISO from FAQ GP4 ISO

Install Virtual Clone Drive

Run Virtual Clone Drive

Mount the downloaded ISO image

Run GP4 (or GpxPatch or CSM)

Virtual Clone Drive will remember the loaded ISO (If it doesn't, it will set the "remember" option)

Enjoy GP4

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: June 30, 2020 03:35AM
Posted by: pauloderpich
@meteoro405
Let me ask you about that “damn .dll file” that you renamed to improve the PO?
I have an issue there... what file is that and how I rename it??

Thanks in advance, Paulo
Date: June 30, 2020 03:35PM
Rename gameux.dll to gameux.txt for example.

SEE HERE and HERE

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: June 30, 2020 04:32PM
Posted by: pauloderpich
Thanks man... I’ll have a look.
I assume this works in W10 too.

Paulo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy