I have an idea...

Posted by Zaky04 
I have an idea...
Date: June 11, 2020 06:38PM
Posted by: Zaky04
Ok people, brace yourself, cos I have had an idea that could really blow your mind...

Now that I've got your attention, I'd like to go on record and say that this isn't exactly the most mind blowing idea you've ever heard of, but it's an idea, so settle down and listen to this...

I joined this community in 2019, on the day of the Australian Grand Prix. I had just downloaded Grand Prix 4 the week prior, and for a game made in 2001, it blew my mind to absolute smithereens. The fact that it represented what Formula One is, and all motorsport for that matter, took me by storm, and when I found all the mods and tracks and stuff, my experience couldn't have been better. Sure, there were a few kinks that I've had to work out in the last 12 months, but I enjoy both the game and this community. Everyone's so welcoming, so willing to help, and now I'm a GPGSL test driver for Ecurie Mistral.
But aside from the obvious appreciation that this game and forum deserves, that's not the idea. There's a bit more to the story...

When F1 2019 came out last year, I really enjoyed the F2 Story Mode, and it's characters in particular. You had Lukas, who was one of the best teammates I've ever had, even if it was just for about an hour, and you had Devon, the one guy you'd never get tired of beating. However, my one complaint was that it was over almost as soon as it began. I know this sounds a little ungrateful, which I'm trying not to be, as I still play the game today, but it would've been nice if things continued over through the first season. This got me thinking...

So we all know how good Grand Prix 4's AI driving is, when just on it's own, right? It produces exciting racing and always has me coming back for more. So, here's the idea:
What if, there was perhaps a YouTube series made using Grand Prix 4, which had it's own 3 characters, and had more complex storylines, all based on what happens out on the track? You see, that's the genius of it, no one would have any control as to what happened on track, so the storyline stays fresh, compelling, and exciting. It's perfect!

So, if you're still here, thanks for reading this, and I hope you enjoy Grand Prix 4 as much as I do. So what do you think of this? Please let me know, as I would love to produce it!
Zak
Re: I have an idea...
Date: June 11, 2020 07:31PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
watching GP4 AI is a real pleasure. there is a guy commenting 80's and 90's GP4 races on youtube. pretty cool, i like it.

GP Files | GP Videos | Discord: Carl_gpgames#2350
Date: June 11, 2020 10:01PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
Sounds a bit like a Michel Vaillant miniseries to me ;-)

I definitely see a lot of potential. You can do outside commentaries of races or in-cockpit passages where you 'think' about how to pass that damn guy in front of you or freak out when your engine leaks. Between-race breaking news, etc. You could also add series-swaps, have them start in Formula-2 and work them up. I'm a fountain of ideas.

But truth is also that something like this needs a hell load of time and dedication to keep it running and keep people interested.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: June 11, 2020 10:38PM
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds a bit like a Michel Vaillant miniseries to
> me ;-)
>
> I definitely see a lot of potential. You can do
> outside commentaries of races or in-cockpit
> passages where you 'think' about how to pass that
> damn guy in front of you or freak out when your
> engine leaks. Between-race breaking news, etc. You
> could also add series-swaps, have them start in
> Formula-2 and work them up. I'm a fountain of
> ideas.
>
> But truth is also that something like this needs a
> hell load of time and dedication to keep it
> running and keep people interested.

True, it would take a lot of time, but I think it'd be something to do. Whether I'd be able to do Formula 2 remains to be seen, as I'm using some of the classic carshapes 2012-2020.
Date: June 11, 2020 11:21PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
Carl_gpgames schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> watching GP4 AI is a real pleasure. there is a guy
> commenting 80's and 90's GP4 races on youtube.
> pretty cool, i like it.

Well, the GP4 AI's are ok but surely not perfect. The cars are not driving like real F1 drivers, but it's ok for playing. Nevertheless sometimes could be more action, but I really try to provide action in every race I'm racing. Long live GP4! ;) (Y)
Date: June 14, 2020 10:54AM
Ok, so I've written a sort of transcript to this, as enclosed below...
Note - All drivers mentioned in the following script are pure fiction. Any similarities to anyone, dead or alive, is simply coincidental.

Characters
Pablo West (United Kingdom) - Leading the next generation of rookies, he enters Formula One with it all to prove. He’s got the talent, coached into him by a former great, but has had the pressure gnaw at him on the way to the Formula Two championship. This is an obstacle he’ll have to overcome in order to stay at the top.
Alexander Alves (Belgium) – Pablo’s best ally and teammate, having enjoyed great times on track with his British friend. While they get on great, he’ll have to get his head down, as he lacks the extra raw talent that Pablo has.
Vinicius Baros (Portugal) – Pablo and Alex’s main rival, due to an incident between them as kids at the 2001 British Grand Prix. Since then, Vinicius has held the grudge out on the track as well as off it. He wants to prove himself as the best by beating Pablo on the biggest stage.

Preface
Growing up in the same area, Pablo, Alex and Vinicius were great friends. They spent their school days discussing the world of Formula One, and their weekends immersing themselves in the atmosphere of the greatest sport on the planet. Their special tradition was going to Silverstone together with Pablo’s father, who was good friends with Stanley Knight, for the British Grand Prix every year. They had big dreams of making it to the big time together, until everything fell apart. Vinicius began to take a liking to Stanley’s biggest rival, Callum Mullins. In a heated race between Knight and Mullins at the 2001 British Grand Prix, Pablo and Vinicius debated who was better almost all day, both of them constantly irritating Alex. The remainder of the season went pretty much the same way, with Knight and Mullins battling for the points lead going all the way into the final race of the season at Japan. With Stanley Knight emerging victorious for McLaren at Suzuka, Vinicius couldn’t hold his anger and frustration in, knowing that Pablo and Alex had beaten his driver. He hurled a series of insults and hatred at both Pablo and Alex, and stormed out of the house, confirming the split of the three.
A year later, when the three showed up for their first competitive karting race, Vinicius continued to show the same hostility out on track. With Pablo and Vinicius aggressively battling on track, both crashed in the final corners, allowing Alex to slide through and clinch the win. The rest of the season was extremely intense, with all three winning 3 races each. Pablo and Vinicius stood tied on points going into the final race going to Silverstone, with Alex just 6 points behind them. Unfortunately, a broken chain put him out of contention, leaving the fight down to the Brit and the Portuguese. More aggressive driving by Vinicius put him into the tyre barriers and out of the running, allowing Pablo to control the remainder of the race from the front, and becoming the European Karting Champion.
Since then, the three shared junior titles between them. Vinicius took victory in the International Karting Championship and Formula 4, Alex took victory in European Formula 3, and Pablo beat them both to the Formula Renault 3.5 and Formula 2 Championship. Now in Formula 1 together for their debuts in 2012, their original dream of making it to the top together is completed, but not the way it was intended. The only question left to be answered now: who would succeed and eventually become Formula One World Champion?

If you like it, let me know. Thanks for reading it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2020 11:01AM by Zaky04.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy