Problem with Montreal (1988,1990,1991 & 1993)

Posted by Noog 
Problem with Montreal (1988,1990,1991 & 1993)
Date: June 05, 2020 01:00PM
Posted by: Noog
I've tried them all many times (in several mods) - and all have the same tendency to crash when accelerating time in qualifying, or pressing Esc (I know that's naughty but I do it anyway), or sometimes when going into car setup. The error log is always the same, i.e. incomprehensible to me! I'm usually fairly good at fixing problems like this but whatever I do it's always the same.

I don't use TSM, if that matters, but it would be interesting to know:

Is this a known issue and has anyone ever found a way to fix it - or is it just me?

Thx.
Ask foreverk. He's the expert for very difficult issues around here. ;) (Y)
did you tried different verbosity levels for the tracks? sometimes they need verbosity level high and sometimes the tracks need verbosity level medium to work properly
Re: Problem with Montreal (1988,1990,1991 & 1993)
Date: June 05, 2020 06:38PM
Thanks guys

TGF1Driver2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ask foreverk. He's the expert for very difficult
> issues around here. ;) (Y)

Yes, I'll definitely try that if I can't get it sorted with this post.

quickslick Wrote:
> did you tried different verbosity levels for the
> tracks? sometimes they need verbosity level high
> and sometimes the tracks need verbosity level
> medium to work properly

Not sure. I've definitely tried med and low, but maybe not high. I'll give it a go.

EDIT: Just tried high but no luck. Still the same.

Might I ask, if you use them, do either of you have any trouble with those circuits? It would be good to know if others DON'T have the problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2020 07:43PM by Noog.
i for me can say, that i don't have troubles with the 1988,1991 and 1993 Montreal tracks. But to be honest i'm using only tsm
Date: June 05, 2020 10:02PM
quickslick Wrote:
> i for me can say, that i don't have troubles with
> the 1988,1991 and 1993 Montreal tracks. But to be
> honest i'm using only tsm

Well, that's a nice clue. Thx.

If you're wondering, I use Linux, hence no TSM - only initial install inside virtual machine.
could it be a problem with Linux and your virtual machine?
Date: June 06, 2020 12:50AM
Unlikely.

Linux doesn't have problems. ;-)

Seriously though, I think I probably just need to make a new GP4 installation and re-construct some of the mods and the tracks from scratch for a change.

I tend to compile my own track selections and move things around on a whim, rather than sticking with the originals, and I only got around to working with that particular generation of Montreal tracks quite recently. Now that I know it works OK for you I'm sure it'll be fine if I go back and actually do things the proper way. Thx again.

That's what I meant by your last being a nice clue, but I didn't want to admit out loud that I was being slapdash and lazy! ;)
i wish you good luck and hope that your problems are solved then :)
Date: June 06, 2020 10:40AM
quickslick Wrote:
> i wish you good luck and hope that your problems
> are solved then :)

Doubt it bud. I was born lazy and slapdash...

I'm sure I'll be able to get the tracks working now though, so thx again. Appreciated.
please let me know , if you do getting the tracks to work
Date: June 06, 2020 12:13PM
I was going to leave it until the track came around again, but as a result of your last I decided to stop being lazy and get back on it.

I installed the original 1991 (2007) mod into a fresh GP4 folder, installed the mod update (which I'd forgotten about), installed the v2 trackpack (which I'd also forgotten I had) and everything's working perfectly and better than ever. Job done.

Cheers. Sometimes a kick in the butt works wonders.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2020 12:14PM by Noog.
great to hear that it works now :) (Y)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy