Safe Release

Posted by RHill 
Safe Release
Date: May 28, 2020 12:11AM
Posted by: RHill
Hi all,

I keep getting held and so do the cc cars In the pits for approaching cars down the pitlane. The hold is a bit cations though and means cc cars and me lose time in the pits being held.

Is there a value to release into smaller gaps or be less cautious with the release?

Thanks
Re: Safe Release
Date: May 28, 2020 09:14AM
Posted by: huskyman49
Same experience but isn't it just like in real life? ;-)
Date: May 28, 2020 12:54PM
Posted by: Kashima12
I suggest increasing pit stop time with Tweaker so that based on fuel put in the car, the AI or the player stays longer so they don't all try to leave at the same time. You could also make cars travel faster in the pit lane so that they get out of the way faster.

...OR you could just edit magic data for the tracks you race at to give the AI a wider pit window (like lets say 6-7 laps) for each stop so that they pit at different laps. ;-)
Date: May 28, 2020 02:09PM
Posted by: RHill
I like the idea of increasing the speed down the pitlane to negate the time lost if they do have to wait to be released. How do I increase the speed, is this a tweaker setting?
Date: May 28, 2020 03:05PM
Posted by: Kashima12
Yes! It's called Pit Speed Limit I believe in Tweaker. If you have CSM, you need to find a file called speedlimit.ini and modify that. (as far as I remember, values are in MPH but I don't think that will bother you, since in game it will still appear translated as KPH if you prefer that)

I usually make it so that cars stay more in the pits for each lap of fuel they put, but they drive faster down the pit lane so the overall pit stop time is the same, just distributed differently so that it rewards 2-Stoppers and 3-Stoppers a bit more. :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 03:08PM by Kashima12.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy