GP4 Track Building Project 2020-2025 - Searching for interested people

Posted by TGF1Driver2 
With all due respect, what is being demanded here is a monumental amount of work, which many people who ask for tracks sometimes don´t really seem to understand.
For people to devote hundreds or thousands of hours (which can be necessary for a really good track) it needs to be something that they have a passion for. I think the project might advance in a more rewarding way (for those volunteering to do the work) if they are allowed to choose which tracks at the very least they are to work on. For example, Indy 2020? Donington Short? I don´t get it I´m afraid...
I´m building some tracks for other sims, which so far have required hundreds of hours of research, photogrammetry and LiDAR data processing etc, and I haven´t even got a mesh in game yet!

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 05:56PM by salvasirignano.
@TGF1Driver2 & huskyman49
Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm not interested.
I prefer to work alone and especially at my own pace on a complete projects that I have chosen.

I give you my contribution (DAT files) of Bremgarten that I did a long time ago
I would not work on it, so if it can be used for others, it's better

PS: you can remove me from your list, I never gave you my agreement ??! since when do you decide for me ?;-(

@salvasirignano
You have totally right ...

;)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cl323fcwf2i61/GP4_Files';] >>> My Other Tracks for GP4 <<<[/url]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 08:49PM by tojepo.
salvasirignano schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With all due respect, what is being demanded here
> is a monumental amount of work, which many people
> who ask for tracks sometimes don´t really seem to
> understand.
> For people to devote hundreds or thousands of
> hours (which can be necessary for a really good
> track) it needs to be something that they have a
> passion for. I think the project might advance in
> a more rewarding way (for those volunteering to do
> the work) if they are allowed to choose which
> tracks at the very least they are to work on. For
> example, Indy 2020? Donington Short? I don´t get
> it I´m afraid...
> I´m building some tracks for other sims, which so
> far have required hundreds of hours of research,
> photogrammetry and LiDAR data processing etc, and
> I haven´t even got a mesh in game yet!

If each day had 100 hours than I would do all the work alone, but it doesn't! :-( (N) (O) ;-(
tojepo schrieb:
> @TGF1Driver2 & huskyman49
> Thanks for thinking of me, but I'm not
> interested.
> I prefer to work alone and especially at my own
> pace on a complete projects that I have chosen.
>
> I give you my contribution (DAT files) of
> Bremgarten that I did a long time ago
> I would not work on it, so if it can be used for
> others, it's better
>
> PS: you can remove me from your list, I never gave
> you my agreement ??! since when do you decide for
> me ?;-(
>
> @salvasirignano
> You have totally right ...
>
> ;)

Yeah just go on like this and I will decide to drop the whole project! I'm a bit unstable sometimes, you know. ;-( :(
It's a nice idea, but for more tracks to be made for GP4 it should happen organically, somebody decides they would like to build a specific track and then go to work on it.
You're right, each day doesn't have a hundred hours, but even if someone spent 1 hour a day on a track it might take over a year to finish. And that's just 1 out of dozens on the list...

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
salvasirignano schrieb:
> It's a nice idea, but for more tracks to be made
> for GP4 it should happen organically, somebody
> decides they would like to build a specific track
> and then go to work on it.
> You're right, each day doesn't have a hundred
> hours, but even if someone spent 1 hour a day on a
> track it might take over a year to finish. And
> that's just 1 out of dozens on the list...

Then we only make beta-tracks. We need the whole list as soon as possible. I think the graphical objects take most of the time, don't they?
I also wonder why Davide (drt01), who started buidling the great historical track of Nürburgring-Südschleife back in 2014, has not released the track yet. I ask him for a beta-release in 2016 or 2017, but that is not good enough for him. hot

And I wonder why there is a amazing preview video of the beautiful track Laputa with autumn leaves, but it was never released. I don't know the author's name anymore, maybe he was called GP44 or something like that, but I think why the hell do I make such a wonderful track but don't share it with the community then!? I think he is playing this track each day and laughing at us that we can't play it. I don't know.

However, we now need somebody who is willing to make all the dat files of the tracks and CC-lines of course. And another person who can set up a basical wad for every dat file created so that we can test the tracks ingame.

Once there are all tracks of the list finished as beta-versions we can talk about which track shall be completely finished first. I'm quite sure that we can have all tracks from the list as beta-tracks within the next 6 months. (Y)
TGF1Driver2 Schreef:
> Once there are all tracks of the list finished as
> beta-versions we can talk about which track shall
> be completely finished first. I'm quite sure that
> we can have all tracks from the list as
> beta-tracks within the next 6 months. (Y)

Sorry, but that won't happen. Building realistic dats cost a lot of time.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Yeah I know that everything with GP4 track building costs a lot of time. It doesn't matter.

Please tell me who is REALLY willing to start working on the beta-tracks, especially the dats and the basical wads. If there are less than 3 people answering in the next 48 hours I will cancel the project. :( (O)
So guys, the project is now officially cancelled. Do whatever you want, but without me. I have tried my best to help the community to get more tracks for GP4, but it helped simply nothing. I cannot do all that work alone. I'm sorry. I'm a human and not a machine. For the future from now on, I will focus only on human energetics and getting a girlfriend soon. That's all I wanna do, so I will have no time for developments for GP4. I wish you all the best and maybe we will see some new GP4 tracks somewhere in the far away future, who knows. So bye bye and farewell my friends! :-) ;-)
Maybe I will be back somewhere in the future, a resignation maybe is not forever.
I'm quite sorry for your decision to give up your project so early. If I had acted that way I would have never become able to convert the cars for GP4 I wanted...
Just having a quick look into my tracks folder I can tell you there are so many tracks in it that I simply don't have the time to race on all of them :(
The odd thing is that sometimes you want just this one which isn't build yet ;)
Maybe it would have been wise to ask the community first which tracks are the ones that are mostly wanted and then concentrate on them and build one after the other, hm?
I'm quite sure there would have been enough support from some of the passionate track modders...
I wish you good luck for your search for a girlfriend and I hope she will be a nice one :-) - the best solution would be if she convinces you to continue your activity for GP4 while she follows her own interests, wouldn't it? ;-)

Best wishes and thank you for your commitment
Karl
Perhaps the project is too ambitious. With 50/60 modders interested perhaps ...
I recently removed from my download site all mods prior to 2010 !!
I have been converting cars from almost all platforms to GP4 for more than 15 years.
Having built 11 tracks, I still have Road Atlanta at 60%, Suzuka night at 50%, Talladega night at 50%, Bathurst at 75%, Rouen les Essarts (1972) at 30%, Sonoma at 20%, Bristol at 20%, and some more work in progress. That's not counting some mods that are slowly completing.
Why so many unfinished jobs? Because my knowledge and time resources are limited.
Because I have enough worries and obligations keeping my company in real life, and in GP4 I only do what gives me happiness at that moment.
I have already abandoned the moments when finishing a track, a hud or a mod became an obligation.
However I offered (before this thread was opened) to work full time to quickly make Charade (1972).
I appreciate your initiative, but maybe we can do something smaller. Involve 3/4 people in a single project, make it happen and move on to the next.
I will always be available to do something for our simulator, let's just set achievable goals.

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Ok then Meteoro try to make Charade and Karl try to improve Tojepo's Bremgarten-dat if you want to. Take both your time, we are not in a hurry. Only work on the tracks when you have fun with it. I have no more fun on it due to massive technical issues. That's why I'm not building tracks (or just trying it) anymore. :( (N)
i don't know what missing track to choose
i don't know what to choose

it's so hard for me
romania had a race track called the "bucharestring" it's a street circuit which had gt racing held between 2007 and 2008

even though formula one has not raced there, there's circuit would be a good one
morocco has a new street circuit in marrkech which hosted wtcc races since 2009

even though formula one has not raced there
EricOates95 schrieb:
> i don't know what missing track to choose

Hi! Unfortunately the project is dead right now. The other people don't really want to work on the tracks and I for myself cannot do everything. I'm sorry, but I'm only a human and not god or Jesus! :( :-(

But I have tried it. That was worth it.
I'm not sure if God or Jesus would like to spend hours and hours building tracks for GP4, hihi...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy