Max Frame Rate

Posted by scranley 
Max Frame Rate
Date: May 23, 2020 10:06PM
Posted by: scranley
Hi all,

Been playing GP4 with the 1991 mod for the last few weeks and loving it. Currently doing an Ace season at 10% distance. Here's a little clip of a fortunate 2nd place finish at Spa today :)

1) Can anyone recommend a competitive setup for Monaco? I'm miles off the pace particularly in sector 3.

2) What kind of PC spec / Graphics card could run the game at max resolution / frame rate?

Thanks,

Steve
Re: Max Frame Rate
Date: May 24, 2020 08:21AM
Posted by: jfvm
For #2, it depends on the mod.

I think the vanilla game will run ok at 1080, max settings on (non-gaming) laptops with modern quad-core's CPU's and discrete GPU's - remember GP4 vanilla uses CPU more that GPU.

But there will be some mods - and I think the 1991 mod is one of them - that can be more demanding on GPU as the detail level of cars (number of polygons) and tracks is what taxes GPU's.

I have a desktop with i7 4770 @3.4GHz, 32 RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB and believe me I can bring that hardware to its knees with crazy ultra settings in some mods (the CPU usage can get above 180% on starts). But with "normal" ultra settings, I will see the CPU going up to 60% max. By ultra settings I mean doing some unnecessarily manual modifications to the f1graphics.cgf above of max settings.
Re: Max Frame Rate
Date: May 24, 2020 01:10PM
Posted by: scranley
Thanks for info. I was hoping maybe a graphics card uograde might be enough but doesn't sound like it. My PC is old, still running XP, 2GB RAM, Radeon x700 Graphics Card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy