NTT Indycar MOD 2020 - RELEASED 16/06/20

Posted by rracunis 
NTT Indycar MOD 2020 - RELEASED 16/06/20
Date: May 23, 2020 06:13PM
Posted by: rracunis
Three Indycar Series MODs were released by myself, the 2016 to 2018 seasons MODs, which were conversions from the great Rfactor MODs made by Vitor "Shadow" Souza in collaboration with Stex1973 and PA Popov. The 2019 MOD released last year was a new project based on the amazing NTT Indycar Rfactor MOD presented by the Remy Group and Apex Modding.
In 2020, again the MOD is a conversion from the Rfactor MOD made by Vitor "Shadow" Souza in collaboration with Stex1973 and PA Popov. I would like to thank Vitor Souza and collaborators and the Remy Group and Apex Modding for the permissions given to me to the accomplishment of the Indycar Series MOD project since 2016.
There are more than 11 teams and more drivers than 22 in the official 2020 Indycar season and the GP4 is limited to only 11 teams and 22 drivers in the grid only. For this reason, I had to “forget” some drivers and had to use Helio Castroneves in all the races of the season. I apologize but I needed to do that, otherwise, it would be impossible to create the performance's files and even the MOD’s configuration itself. However, there are 10 drivers in 9 teams available in the MOD as a “bonus”, you can choose them and replace any driver in your MOD, having only to modify the performance text files and also making some modifications on gpxpatch and on the settings.
Improvements can be made, for instance, event sounds, engine sounds, engineers and pitcrews by team, Tv style according to the real Indycar, etc. Anyone who wants to help is more than welcome.
Be aware that the MOD is based on the pre-season tests, depending on my availability it can be updated along the season upon the release of other textures by the authors.
If you find any problem with the textures and shapes let me know, the MOD was not well tested and some problems with the shapes and textures may happen. The MOD is not perfect at all but it was the best I could do, some bugs are expected. It can be modified at any time but do not forget to give the credits to all the authors who contributed in any way to its construction. Also do not forget to ask permission for those who do not agree with the policy of sharing works in the GPG.
Concluding, I want to nominate some guys who helped me and taught me a lot of things in the last years, improving my skills through their huge skills and knowledge: Meteoro (the king of the converted MODs), AUS_Doug, Hega, Phantaman, Turbolover, Kedy89 and Quickslick. Besides, Fongu has to be mentioned for his support, I consider him a legend and his comments were highly appreciated. Finally, I have to mention Monsieur Arnaud (EXCALIBUR) and Monsieur Bernard (GEZERE) who taught me how to deal with Zmodeler and will be both my mentors forever.

==============================================================
16/06/2020 - NTT Indycar 2020 CSM GP4 MOD
===============================================================

Author and compiler: Rracunis

Below you can find the credits to the authors who support me by giving permission to use their stuff in this mod. Thank you to all of them who have made amazing works for the GP4 game. Please let me know if I forgot someone or made mistakes related to the author of some work.

Cap files: Lee71 , Phantaman & whoever did them
Cars and helmets conversion: Rracunis
Car shapes: Vitor "Shadow" Souza ( Vitor Souza Motorsports & Modding )
Car textures: Vitor "Shadow" Souza, Stex1973 and PA Popov
Cockpit shape: Indycar MOD 2008 modified and Rracunis (aeroscreen)
Cockpit textures: Indycar MOD 2008 modified by Rracunis
CSM Editing: Superman77, Vicenzo ( jakobdylan ) , JCaranti, Meteoro, BigBrother, Kedy89, TomMK, Phantaman. Erik van Leeuwen and Petrus
CSM Icons: Thanks to whoever did them
CSM Menu Pics: Rracunis
Driver suits: Stex1973
Engineer and Pitcrew: Augusto Gibim
Engine sound: TeamBPR, TTM, Lee71 and engine sound of the Cart 2002, Champcar 2003
Event Sounds: Carl_gpgames ( F1 2019 sounds)
Gp4builder: Lo2k
GPaedia: Rracunis (based on the 2019 made by Petrus)
GPxPatch: Rene Smith (SDI)
GPxPatch flags: Augusto Gibim and Rracunis
Grid cars: Rracunis
Helmet (Shape): Original Rfactor MOD
Helmet (Textures): Vitor "Shadow" Souza, Stex1973 and PA Popov
HUD: Augusto Gibim
Logos: Rracunis
Marshalls: Augusto Gibim
Tv Style: Augusto Gibim
Pit_props: Gp4 original game
Pitboard: Tony
Physics and performance configuration: Phantaman and Gitanes
Performance text files: Boost performance – Josekast (Fictional modified performance based on the F1 2010 MOD). Real performance – Mix of the performance files of the Cart 2002, Champcar 2003 e Champcar 2006
Steering wheel (Internal): Rracunis
Steering wheel (External): Rracunis
Teamart: Rracunis
Tyres and rims: AUS_DOUG (shape) and Rracunis (textures)
Visors: Rracunis

INSTALLATION :

1. Download the files
2. Open the CSM
3. Go to File/Install carset
4. Choose the file IndyCar Series 2020.cuh file, click YES in the message, install it
5. Repeat the steps 3 and 4 to install the file IndyCar Series 2020_1.cuh

DOWNLOAD LINKS

1. IndyCar Series 2020.Cuh: [www.mediafire.com]

2. IndyCar Series 2020_1.CSM (Cars): [www.mediafire.com]

Thanks to all others who have helped to keep this game alive.

Hope you like and have fun.

Ricardo ( Rracunis )

Petrus raised the quality of the NTT Indycar MOD 2020 making a lot of modifications on the structure of MOD, called by him the "Project Indycar 2020 mod". Based on his work, here you have the Version 2 which has the following improvements compared with the first released version :

-Added a second part "Indycar 2020 revised" (14 tracks) to the "Indycar Series 2020" mod by using the existing cars files.

1. "Indycar Series 2020 revised.CSM" added in the main folder

2. New INI files:
- "Globalvars_revised.ini" in Settings
- "swap_revised.ini" in Settings
- "Cars_revised.ini" in Data\Cars

3) New files/folders:
- "2020-Generic-bg revised.jpg" in Data\Files\Info
- "GPaedia_revised" folder and subfolder "Menu" with GPS and STR files
- "Loadingscreens_revised" with BMP
- "Menu\Trackmaps_revised" and "Menu\Countrymaps_revised" with GPI
- "Performance_revised" with Performance text files
- "Visors_revised"

4) Necessary structure changes in "Cars" and "Tweaker" to get independent of "ROUNDxx":

4.1. Cars

- Replace Car:
ROUND01 => Street
ROUND06 => Oval
ROUND09 => Texas
ROUND10 => Shortoval
ROUND11 => Road
- Replace Tex by changed driver name:
ROUND01 all
ROUND02 Kellett/Kanaan/Bourdais
ROUND10 Askew/Alonso
ROUND15 Daly/Carpenter

Trackspecific assignment was done in the cars.ini files only.

4.2. Tweaker structure rearranged (model: 2015 F1 mod by kedy89) using the new subfolder "gp4tweak_merge" with car-specific subfolders as given in the Globalvars.ini "tweaker positions" part which makes it independent of "ROUNDxx".
Settings\MergeINI.lst updated accordingly. Deleted in Settings\swap.ini the line "Folderxx =Tweaker\gp4tweak_data\%trackname%\,gp4tweak_data".

5) Track order 10/11 corrected in the "planned" part. Globalvars.ini, Cars.ini, GPaedia, Loadingscreens, Trackmaps, Countrymaps, Performance, Teamart INI, Visors, track.ini

6) Simplifications:

6.1 Performance files simpler: ROUNDxx subfolders omitted. This was not really necessary but helped a lot while rearranging files for the "revised" part. In swap.ini:
-File13=Performance\%trackspecperformance%\%performance%.txt,gpxpdata\csmperf.txt
-Folder1=Performance\%trackspecperformance%,gpxpdata

In MergeINI.lst:
-GpxPatch\merge\gpxset.txt,gpxpdata\gpxset.ini
-Files "gpxset.txt", "gpxsound.ini", "gp4tweak.txt" and "gpxcinfo.ini" in Data\Files\Merge; subfolder "2020" deleted.
-In globalvars ini files driver preview (02,10,15) the specifications are limited to "Var".
-"VarName Icon" and "VarPreview" are deleted, as they are already defined in the [driver] section.

7) Fixes (would also be applicable to the original mod):
- "rotation = 0" added in globalvars ini files.
- preview15 var2 => var3 in globalvar ini files.
- driver02 image in track17 (revised tracks: 11,12) Kellett.gpi => Bourdais.gpi in Teamart Round17.ini, Revised_Round11.ini, Revised_Round12.ini
- "Planned" Performance files of Round12,16,17: Kellett <=> Bourdais in Performance subfolders Boost and Real.

Thank you very much to Petrus for his very detailed revision of the original MOD, hope you like it"

Link: [www.mediafire.com]

Petrus made another update to fix gpxpatch (pnl) issues, like fixing the pitboards, 2020 Live Speed, the Battle and the Pit Time to match the other modified configurations he did in the previous update.
Thank you very much to him.

Link: [www.mediafire.com]

For the "2020 New TV Style" I did not find any trackspecific data, but the other three had to be fixed - not only in the revised, but also in the planned part (track 10/11 exchange!).
I have made a CMU file to accomplish this. The pitboard fix is also included here. You will find detailed information about the changes in the protocol text file included in the archive.
This way there is no need to download a new large CUH file. The last update (2.1) is obsolete and already deleted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

01/08/2020 - Here you have an update of the NTT Indycar 2020 MOD for the 2 first races of the Season , Texas Motor Speedway and GMR Indianapolis Grand Prix. The Helmets, Visors , Teamart and Tweakers were updated accordingly.

MOD: [www.mediafire.com]
CARS:
[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 05:17PM by rracunis.
Re: NTT Indycar MOD 2020 - WIP
Date: May 23, 2020 06:40PM
Posted by: airbusa380
Looking amazing. I will enjoy the new cars. Do you install the cabin for the cars? Regards from Dortmund!
Date: May 23, 2020 09:24PM
airbusa380 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looking amazing. I will enjoy the new cars. Do you
> install the cabin for the cars? Regards from
> Dortmund!

Just went outside so far , didn't go yet through the MOD itself
Date: May 24, 2020 12:04AM
Posted by: fongu
really looking forward to it

Date: May 24, 2020 01:47PM
Date: May 24, 2020 02:02PM
Posted by: quickslick
there's another top mod on the way from you Ricardo, that's great :)
Date: May 24, 2020 02:27PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Top notch stuff.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: May 27, 2020 05:17PM
New car - first shot.

Date: May 27, 2020 05:41PM
Posted by: gap177
looking great Ricardo!! (Y)

Glenn (Cdn)
Date: May 27, 2020 07:08PM
Posted by: ricboca
Hello, First I want to say thank you for all of your mods, they are all great!
Second, I noticed on your previous indycar mods the rear tyres are same size as the front. Could you fix that in your new mod? I have a rear wheel 3d model that works with the same textures as the front so you wont have issues if you are interested, send me PM an I can share with you.

Cheers
Ricardo
Date: May 27, 2020 07:40PM
The new tyres have different sizes (Y)
Date: May 27, 2020 08:54PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Beautiful Ricardo! Is Team Juncos on the grid?

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: May 28, 2020 07:21AM
Posted by: airbusa380
looking very nice, ricardo! thank you for working!
Date: May 31, 2020 12:56PM
New adapted cockpit

Date: May 31, 2020 02:50PM
Meteoro405 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beautiful Ricardo! Is Team Juncos on the grid?

Sorry Ariel for the late reply. The team Juncos was not released in the original MOD, there will not be then.
Date: May 31, 2020 03:35PM
No problem Ricardo. It will be necessary to paint it to reproduce the moment when with the "muletto" brought from the factory and assembled in pits, they leave Alonso out of the "500" at the last minute.
Waiting for that mod that looks great!

The moment when Kaiser leaves Alonso out...
video: [www.youtube.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Re: NTT Indycar MOD 2020 - RELEASED 16/06/20
Date: June 16, 2020 04:08PM
MOD released in the first post.
Date: June 16, 2020 05:01PM
Amazing Ricardo !!! Thanks a lot

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: June 16, 2020 05:03PM
Posted by: quickslick
thank you for the great stuff Ricardo :)
Date: June 16, 2020 05:21PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
Thank you, Ricardo :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy