How to stop a driver from being replaced during a season? CSM mod

Posted by JRAJ19 
Hello.

I'm playing the 1992 mod, Ivan Capelli gets replaced by Nicola Larini in real life but I want Capelli to remain with Ferrari until the end of the championship season, at the same time I want Damon Hill to be a permanent member of the Brabham team instead of Amati.

I looked into the Globalvars.ini file but I don't want to edit things without expert opinions.

Thank you.
To change driver (replace) data you have to consider three places to edit, two of them are mandatory:

1) As you already mentioned the globalvars.ini file of the CSM mod has to be edited. This will update the CSM menu and the ingame driver images and helmets. In this case driverchange6 values 15 to 17 and driverchange23 values 1 to 3 have to be changed.
2) The ingame driver names and the driver selection menu names are not controlled by the globalvars.ini but by the performance files. See folder Data/Performance. You have to change the text files for tracks 1 to 3 (Kyalami, HermanosRodriguez, Interlagos) and 15 to 17 (Suzuka, Adelaide, Testing).
3) Finally the names have to be updated in the GPaedia gps files. This can be done comfortably using the GPaediaMaker tool. If you do not care about this because it doesn't touch the racing you may just omit this point.

petrus' gpaedia files

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2020 10:18PM by petrus.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy