Grand Prix 4 video comparison [updated 2020/04/11]

Posted by Carl_gpgames 
Grand Prix 4 vs. Assetto Corsa vs. F1 2019 vs. Reality [Melbourne 2019 / Vettel]
Beside all tragedy, the current situation brings some more free time so i made another little comparsion.
My GP4-Version showed in the video is based on Jorge Caranti's Melbourne 2019 Track, MSchumi24' 2019 Mod and Augusto Gibbim's 2019 HUD.
I didn't take much time to get clean laps and had to squeez Vettel's run to 93% to match it with the other videos.
GP4 base: Jorge Caranti's Melbourne 2019 Track, MSchumi24' 2019 Mod and Augusto Gibbim's 2019 HUD

Grand Prix 4 vs. Reality [Spa 2011 / Schumacher]
GP4 base: drt01, jcaranti and josekast's Spa 2011 Track, Kedy89's 2011 Mod

Grand Prix 4 vs. Reality [Imola 1994 / Schumacher]
GP4 base: cleberpister and plodekk Imola 1994 Track, 1994 Mod by Turbo Lover

Grand Prix 4 vs. F1 2019 [Monza 2018]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2020 10:00PM by Carl_gpgames.
Incredible how it can still stand against the competition. It's a great mod, and Jorge's track updates are really fantastic - we're very lucky. Thanks for the video!

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Great comparison. Thank you!!
Knowing the age of the game and the limitation in term of vertices/faces we have for cars and tracks in GP4 (that the others games don't have)
I believe that we are all doing a great job to keep GP4 at this "visual" level.

it is good to do self satisfaction sometimes..., and specially during this particular time...;-)

gezere Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great comparison. Thank you!!
> Knowing the age of the game and the limitation in
> term of vertices/faces we have for cars and tracks
> in GP4 (that the others games don't have)
> I believe that we are all doing a great job to
> keep GP4 at this "visual" level.
>
> it is good to do self satisfaction sometimes...,
> and specially during this particular time...;-)

Totally agreed .. gp4 rules hot
true words, Bernard :)
Nice comparison video, from the games GP4 actually looked very good and asetto corsa looks pretty bad.
This shows that creators/modders have done an excellent job at keeping Grand Prix 4 alive. All the credit to them, remember this game is now 18 years old? It's old enough to buy cigarettes :)
TomMK
Incredible how it can still stand against the competition.

And not to forget that GP4 can be run on very low-end computers on high settings. i have for example installed it on my business laptop (a 3 or 4 years old microsoft surface) and run it on highest settings an 60 fps, with a 2000*3000 resolution. if you compare GP4 on such PC's, it will always wins (in the video, all games are on max. settings).

vesuvius
Nice comparison video, from the games GP4 actually looked very good and asetto corsa looks pretty bad.

In my opinion, AC looks still better than F1 2019. Especially the sunlight reflections on the tamrac look quite cool in AC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2020 09:06PM by Carl_gpgames.
Re: Grand Prix 4 video comparison
Date: April 11, 2020 10:00PM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
two more videos added; Imola 1994 and Spa 2011 (first post)
I think the only feature where gp4 shows its age is lighting. Everythig else is on par with more modern games, thanks to all the people contributing to it (Y)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy