Desperate with white textures in cars

Posted by cescjulbe 
Desperate with white textures in cars
Date: April 08, 2020 06:03PM
Posted by: cescjulbe
Hello,
I'm quite a veteran of GP4. I recently started to play again with the game after quite some time and I found that I cannot update the cars to the newest ones. The textures appear white. I checked many graphical options, I have done it hundreds of times but I can't find a solution. It is happening sistematically with most of the cars, so I have have something misconfigured.
In game textures are all set to hi. f1graphics file also have hi textures to 1. My Nvidia card sets all parameters to high quality...and yet with the brand new 2018 or 2019 cars all is white...
There has to be something that I am doing wrong.
Does anybody know possible causes? I'm pretty sure it is not an issue with missing textures. I can open the gp4 files with GPBuilder and they are there.
As an example, it is happening with the recent Ferrari SF1000 by Hega & Excalibur.
Re: Desperate with white textures in cars
Date: April 08, 2020 06:12PM
Posted by: kedy89
Open your f1graphics, check lines 1, 24, 25. Values need to be the same as below
1 ; f1graphics.cfg controls all settings (default 0)
0 ; Texture quality : 0 => max 2 => half 4 => qtr 8 => eigth
1 ; Increase car texture quality (1 on, 0 off)

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Date: April 08, 2020 07:24PM
Thanks, but no success, there has to be something else.
Anyon with similar experience with rare solution? :)
Date: April 08, 2020 07:52PM
Posted by: vesuvius
You could send or upload the cars.wad for me to look at, it seems that for some reason the carshapes are not using correct textures. Are the shapes in game correct ones? Some of the new carshapes are named differently than they were in normal cars.wad, so this could cause problems as normal game uses 2001 order and new shapes uses new order, so you should use team editor or similar tool to show the game what carshapes a slot uses.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 08:19PM by vesuvius.
Date: April 08, 2020 08:23PM
I will send it to you, thanks.
In fact, the original cars.wad (23MB) is showing white textures for the ferrari...very weird.
Couldn't it be something external to the game?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2020 08:31PM by cescjulbe.
Date: April 08, 2020 08:44PM
It could for sure. Does your pc have possibly another grahic card on it as well? If gp4 uses that other instead of nvidia. It could also just be related to nvidia settings.
Date: April 08, 2020 08:55PM
I could also send you my f1graphics.cfg to see if it chnges anything.
Date: April 09, 2020 03:05AM
Posted by: TomMK
If the original game is showing white cars then you have an external issue, possibly a bad or corrupt installation. Follow these instructions and see if that fixes it.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: April 09, 2020 10:53AM
A brand new installation worked correctly for the original wad, still, taking the wad with the updated cars didn't work with the brand new ones.
Thanks anyway, at least a clean start.
Date: April 09, 2020 06:38PM
Hi, problem was easy to solve, took a minute to do it.The reason was indeed cars.wad related. Problem must be in the tool used to update cars.wad, it makes another cars folder inside the cars.wad-cars folder, which shouldn´t happend.

I will soon send you the fixed cars.wad and explanation to the problem, but here you can see view to the inside of the cars.wad and folders (cars and suzuka) that shouldn´t be there.

missing textures are there:
Date: April 09, 2020 06:54PM
Jeeesus, I just tried it in a different way and it did work...(no update but create the wad...)

hot

Many, many thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy