Problem with the 1988 Mod

Posted by VoDkA. 
Problem with the 1988 Mod
Date: March 09, 2020 03:45AM
Posted by: VoDkA.
So i've been playing Grand Prix 4 in a low end office laptop from 2009, i can run the game at 25-30 fps (i got the frames locked at 30, cause at 60 the game looks like in slow motion) i can run mods like the 2003, 1995 and 1979 at 19-30 fps but the problem is that this 1988 mod, it looks so slow my fps are like at 2 or 5, the processor occupancy is between 500-800 and i dont know why. It is very weird cause the mod was made at 2007 so its pretty obvious it could run in my laptop, i've been playing this game whitout a graphic card so please guys, tell me if i should upgrade from laptop to a PC to play this Mod or if there is anyway to get rid of this problem.

Specs:

CPU:Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.00 GHZ

RAM: 2,00 GB

I have updated all the drivers of my Intel.
Re: Problem with the 1988 Mod
Date: March 09, 2020 07:02AM
Posted by: mortal
Ideally you need to run on a pc, the mod probably has high lods and it's a job to convert them all. There is info on this in the FAQ afaik.
GP4 graphics are cpu dependant, not gpu dependant, so you need a pc or gaming laptop with more ram and at least a 2.66 cpu. There'll be others that can confirm this. Look at the lods first, maybe you have to reduce all of them.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Problem with the 1988 Mod
Date: March 15, 2020 07:23PM
Posted by: VoDkA.
I just started doing this with Excalibur's guide to lower the lods but when i try to import the .gp4 file into Zmodeler 1.07a an error notification appears saying not a .z3d file, i dont know what to do now. :/.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy