Strange behaviour

Posted by huskyman49 
Strange behaviour
Date: February 27, 2020 02:59AM
Posted by: huskyman49
I recently raced on Maxi's Rafaela circuit. All went fine except one strange thing: In qualifying and maybe in free practice/warm up the cars in the last box ran 3 laps but then they remained stuck in their pit with wheels rotating and producing smoke...:(
I wonder what makes them do that? Maybe some of you had that bug also with some other track or even Rafaela (if anyone uses it...).
Any idea how to solve this is more than welcome!

Karl
Re: Strange behaviour
Date: February 27, 2020 11:18PM
Posted by: RHill
It happens when the 1st gear ratio is too high, so the car never brakes enough at idle to fully stop the wheels turning.

Adjust the first gear ratio down a little bit in magic data and it should stop it
Date: February 28, 2020 11:08AM
Oh, thanks a lot - will try it out soon... (I)
Date: February 29, 2020 12:04AM
Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem :(
I then checked other tracks MD and I just found the same ratio for 1st gear in them without causing the same bug...
On the other hand it can't be logic that it only affects the cars in the first box so I figure it must have to do something with the pitlane parameters of the track...?
Maybe someone of our expereinced track builders might have an idea how to solve it... :-o
Date: March 02, 2020 07:54AM
Date: March 02, 2020 10:41AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Sorry Karl, I´ve no idea! :(

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: March 02, 2020 05:32PM
Posted by: TGF1Driver2
I remember that in Adelaide 1991, the cars (and the human player's car as well) could only drive with blocked wheels an 18 kph through the whole pitlane, but the pit stops went fine. It was not at the first pit stop wave, but on the second. I don't know why and haven't played that track since than anymore because I stopped playing GP4 a few weeks ago, but surely not forever! ;) ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy