Formula L - Round 2, Italy -Race Pt 2/3 (page 3)

Posted by Calligaris 
Re: Formula L - R1 - British GP Quali (Pg.1)
Date: February 22, 2020 12:11PM
Posted by: Calligaris
Thanks ! I'll run the race this weekend I think.
Date: February 23, 2020 01:06PM
The FL management is still considering the details of Race Broadcasting and evaluating its options, thank you for your patience.
We are currently considering slideshow highlights, video highlights and full live commentary.
Suggestions and tips are, of course, welcome.

In other new the wiki will soon be live !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2020 01:15PM by Calligaris.
Date: February 28, 2020 07:00PM
SEASON 6 ROUND 1 - BRITISH GP - RACE

"After a long wait caused by broadcasting issues, the first Formula L publicly broadcasted Grand Prix is about to begin. Ezequiel Padovano took Pole Position ahead of the race (and thus the first championship point of the season) and will start alongside reigning champion Manuele Piccirillo. The fight for the title is on ! For the complete starting grid refer to page 1 of this thread. Enjoy the race and fell free (and welcome) to leave feedback so the broadcasting can improve (as said this is the first and rather experimental broadcast we make).

Stay tuned for the next part of this race !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2020 07:04PM by Calligaris.
Re: Formula L - Round 1 - British GP - Race (Pg.2)
Date: February 28, 2020 11:37PM
Still working on the wiki, i have to get used to the website.
Re: Formula L - Round 1 - British GP - Race (Pg.2)
Date: February 29, 2020 01:13PM
SEASON 6 ROUND 1 - BRITISH GP - RACE Part 2

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2020 01:15PM by Calligaris.
SEASON 6 ROUND 1 - BRITISH GP - RACE Part 3/3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2020 08:15PM by Calligaris.
So, i'll publish a full race roundup soon, i'll also talk about sharing the wad and performance files from this championship. I'll go into more details about them later this week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2020 09:01PM by Calligaris.
Hey mate, great stuff. How did you create the head shots of each driver in the first post?

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Macca25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey mate, great stuff. How did you create the head
> shots of each driver in the first post?

Thanks Macca.

There's a strategy game called Crusader Kings II where you play a medieval dynasty and have the option of creating your own characters. It has an integrated simple portrait maker. I just took screenshots of those portraits and pasted them on the teamsheets.
All my graphs are made with powerpoint so it's easy to add and remove elements without having to do any editing.
SEASON 6 - BRITISH GP - RACE ROUNDUP

This is rather nice, I will be following this. :)

Even so, I have been running my own racing series for 26 seasons. I started when I was really young. The first season was 1996 and I am at season 2022 at the moment. I started with drawings on carton cards, used GP2, GP3, F1 challenge 99-02, miniracingonline and I am currently using rFactor 2 for it. :)

Christel VXR driver #6.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2020 02:04PM by Darksoul.
Darksoul Wrote:
> This is rather nice, I will be following this. :)
>
> Even so, I have been running my own racing series
> for 26 seasons. I started when I was really young.
> The first season was 1996 and I am at season 2022
> at the moment. I started with drawings on carton
> cards, used GP2, GP3, F1 challenge 99-02,
> miniracingonline and I am currently using rFactor
> 2 for it. :)

I personally started around 2013 on this little game [cryhavocgames.net] it's cool little game, easy to set up. The GPC championship i talk about in the intros used this. This is the first time i go 3d with this sort of things.
Darksoul Wrote:
> This is rather nice, I will be following this. :)
>
> Even so, I have been running my own racing series
> for 26 seasons. I started when I was really young.
> The first season was 1996 and I am at season 2022
> at the moment. I started with drawings on carton
> cards, used GP2, GP3, F1 challenge 99-02,
> miniracingonline and I am currently using rFactor
> 2 for it. :)

Did you make up all the teams and pilots or used your own ? I'd love to see some pics of said teams if you have some ^^.
Didn't post anything here the past weekend, I went out to get some fresh air before getting locked up home (I'm in Italy, the government asked people to stay home the next few weeks, everything is closed). Being in quarantine, I'll get back into this this week !
Re: Formula L - Now in quarantine
Date: March 10, 2020 02:57PM
Posted by: quickslick
it's simply amazing what you've done!! and it's nice to follow the progress of your championship. I hope that everything goes well for you and all the others who are in quarantine
Date: March 10, 2020 03:30PM
Posted by: edestler
Amazing work!
Date: March 10, 2020 03:52PM
Thanks a lot, I hope it doesn't get to this wherever you are.

So about giving you some downloadable content, as some people asked...
This still a pretty noobish project when it comes to modding and wasn't supposed to be played so:

-I can share the full wad, but I haven't made cockpits yet, since I wasn't going to drive
-I haven't made pit crew and boxes because... well I have no idea where their files are
-I use Team Editor to modify the teams' performances, so I can share the .car file it generates, but I have no idea where the actual perf file is.
-The Teams' performance is divided into Power and Handling, the handling is added to drivers' skill rather then the engine power, so your car's performance might no reflect the team's performance in the championship. (also the teams will improve during the season, so the one-time DL won't reflect that).

That's pretty much it for the disclaimers, if you still want the content I'll be happy to share
If you want my graphs templates I'll be happy to share as well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 03:54PM by Calligaris.
Calligaris Schreef:
> Darksoul Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is rather nice, I will be following this.
> :)
> >
> > Even so, I have been running my own racing
> series
> > for 26 seasons. I started when I was really
> young.
> > The first season was 1996 and I am at season
> 2022
> > at the moment. I started with drawings on
> carton
> > cards, used GP2, GP3, F1 challenge 99-02,
> > miniracingonline and I am currently using
> rFactor
> > 2 for it. :)
>
> Did you make up all the teams and pilots or used
> your own ? I'd love to see some pics of said teams
> if you have some ^^.

I can see what I can find, some of the material is really old. And I haven't gotten around to making this season.

I'll stop hijacking your thread now. :)

Christel VXR driver #6.

Don't worry, hijacking is welcome in-between races ^^
Date: March 11, 2020 01:29PM
SEASON 6 - ROUND 2, ITALY - Pre-Race

PRE RACE NEWS

A few news from the FL world before we get to the action:

Mercedes unhappy. Mercedes' do or die season started poorly, Aodh Rafferty was far off the pace, and while Roland Weiss fared better, he still was only 17th considering he gained a couple of places because of accidents. Surtees, their customer team, also experienced a difficult race, so bad, in fact, they currently are last in the championship. Considering Mercedes' plan B for their future was to ditch the works team and simply support Surtees, things don't look good for the Stuttgartian outfit.

RAM brings updates already. RAM Racing started their season well, finishing 4th and 5th in the United Kingdom, showing they have what it takes to keep fighting the big teams. The team has already announced an aero upgrade is ready for the Italian Grand Prix as they kick-off the in-season tech battle. Where can this upgrade bring them.

Ferrari power upgrade. Ferrari's customer team, Cisitalia, had a rather anonymous start to their season, racing in the lower midfield. The Italian engine manufacturer has announced it will already ship a b-spec version of their Season 6 engine with a power upgrade to help Cisitalia step up their game.

The beginning of an era. After Padovano dominated the first round, and 4 of the top 5 finishers used BMW engines, the Formula L paddock fears it might be entering a season, or maybe even an era, of domination by the Bavarian engine makers. The most allarmist elements are already calling for rule changes that might close the performance gap between engines.

Now let's have a look at the past

Manuele Piccirillo is the most successful driver here at his home race, he has won 3 out of 5 Grand Prix here, and it would have been 4 if former teammate David Fairburn hadn't crashed into him while being lapped at the Variante Ascari in Season 4. This year though, the powerful BMW powered teams might be favourites at this power-heavy circuit.

Italo-Argentinian outfit De Tomaso are the most decorated team here in Italy, having achieved 5 podiums in as many races, but hey have never won, and don't look likely to win this Season. Surtees has also had a lot of success here in the past, maybe this familiar track can give them some relief ahead of what looks like a potentially nightmarish season.

Chinese RAM driver Fan Kuang achieved his only podium here last Season. He is now chasing a second, with these new BMW engines onboard, and with RAM getting ahead in tech race, he might have the opportunity to achieve it, or maybe even do better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy