Help needed : PO stupid issue

Posted by gilles 
Help needed : PO stupid issue
Date: February 04, 2020 06:01PM
Posted by: gilles
Hello I wonder if someone could help me on this recent issue.
I made some changes in my house and changed the place of the computer I use for gp4 and other games such as RBR. I disconnected the PC from internet, it is now in a place with no cables/wires. It always worked perfectly (po about 30%/40% with everything on).
The problem: when I plug of the cable the po goes up to 130%. I made the experience and connected it again to internet, when I do so, the po comes again down to normal values(30%/40%). I made a search to the forum, but couldn't find anything near this issue. I'd appreciate some help.The other games work perfectly normal with net cable plugged or unplugged. Best Regards Gilles
Re: Help needed : PO stupid issue
Date: February 05, 2020 12:37AM
Hello, I noticed that when I disconnect internet, or unplug the cable, the cpu usage goes to about 50% by a process called rundll32.exe. Does anyone know something about this issue, or had a similar experience? If I reconnect internet this process goes back to normal cpu usage (about 2%)
Best Regards Gilles
Date: February 05, 2020 12:40AM
Posted by: Excalibur
On my opinion, I would say that it has nothing to do with GP4. But when you connect your PC on internet, a program uses your processor occupancy to a high percentage.
First of all, disable all unuseful programs at windows start with ccleaner
If it is not enough, try to clean your PC with adwcleaner and RogueKiller to delete malwares/adwares etc...

Edit: I did not see your last message but It confirms what I thought to 70%

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2020 12:42AM by Excalibur.
Date: February 05, 2020 09:48AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
gilles, I had this problem! Are you on windows 7?

[www.grandprixgames.org]

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: February 05, 2020 10:33AM
Yes windows7, it's an old PC I use today almost only for gp4, or RBR. And the cpu usage, rises a lot when I disconnect internet, not when it is connected (when connected everything works normal)
It seems clear now that itia not a gp4 problem.
Thanks for replying.
Date: February 05, 2020 10:59AM
Have you tried the bat file in the link I gave?

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: February 05, 2020 04:46PM
Hello, I didn't have time, I'll try tonight or tomorrow.
Thank you very much!
But I still find it very strange, as I always had this pc connected to the net it always worked perfect,. I made a test last night and this rundll32.exe process that eats almost 60% of cpu only starts when I launch gp4 without net connection. With net connection on, the rundll32.exe process starts, but cpu usage is minimum.
Best Regards
Date: February 05, 2020 10:41PM
Posted by: Excalibur
It may appears because of gameux.dll file. So, I think that Salvasirignano pointed out on the right solution.

If it still occurs after applying the .bat file, maybe something which could help:
- run Services.msc
- Look for BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer system) -Click right and go to Properties- Stop it (should be set on manual)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2020 10:48PM by Excalibur.
Date: February 06, 2020 12:18AM
Thanks very much. I'll try the next days to solve it with the .bat file.
I'll let you know if it worked.
Yesterday I made a test and worked, that is after the game is launched, come back to desktop (with gp4 running), and stop the process (rundll32)
Date: February 06, 2020 01:10PM
Posted by: esv
I had a bit other problem. In the summer I live in the country (without the wire Internet).
After moving on a summer residence approximately in 10 days start GPxPatch occurred very long (some minutes) and also it was necessary to stop manually process rundll32. (GP4 it is established and I play the stationary PC).
Also there were problems with ZazTools (association of files). At returning in the autumn home and Internet connection all was restored.
This summer I used the smart phone as the modem for PC, but at all during game start. The problem has disappeared and did not repeat 2 years.
But 3 days ago start GPxPatch began to last 50 seconds instead of instant start, as usual.
Yesterday I have made FULL check of the PC by means of Kaspersky Total Security.
Has been found "not-a-virus:AdWare. Win32.Conduit.a" in files: cltmngui.exe, cltmng.exe, SPTool64.exe, SPVC32.dll, SPVC64.dll. These files have been removed in quarantine.
Has started GPxPatch, the start Delay remained.
Today has included the PC, has started GPxPatch - all ОК, start was restored.
I apologise for my English.
Date: February 10, 2020 04:14PM
Hello, i tried the .bat file last weekend, but I didn't work, the message was something like "no permission...".
I ran it as administrator.
For now I'm coming back to desktop after game launched, run task manager and stop rundll32.
If someone knows how to deactivate the gameux file, through editing registry, please let me know.
Thanks Gilles
Date: February 11, 2020 10:30AM
gilles Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello, i tried the .bat file last weekend, but I
> didn't work, the message was something like "no
> permission...".
> I ran it as administrator.
> For now I'm coming back to desktop after game
> launched, run task manager and stop rundll32.
> If someone knows how to deactivate the gameux
> file, through editing registry, please let me
> know.
> Thanks Gilles

Hi, Gilles, sorry that didn´t work for you, it worked okay for me :(
Not sure about registry editing I´m afraid...

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: February 11, 2020 01:04PM
Thanks anyway
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy