CMagic question

Posted by Calligaris 
CMagic question
Date: January 31, 2020 08:53PM
Posted by: Calligaris
Hello good people of this forum, i come with a question about CMagic.

While trying to run shorter races in my private fantasy championship i tried to modify the magic data of suzuka so that in a half distance (26 laps) race everybody would stop once.
I thus opened Cmagic, selected Suzuka's file and extracted its MD file from GP4.exe and wrote this in the strategy section:

0 ; pitstop group 1 %
0 ; stop 1
0 ; pit window 1
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
100 ; pitstop group 2 %
13 ; stop 1
5 ; pit window 1
32 ; stop 2
1 ; pit window 2
0 ;
0 ;
0 ;
0 ; pitstop group 3 %
0 ;stop 1
0 ; pit window 1
0 ; stop 2
0 ; pit window 2
0 ; stop 3
0 ; pit window 3
0 ;

Then I selected the magic data file in cmagic, clicked "insert data" and hoped for the best (Cmagic was running in admin mode).

Yet the rebellious drivers of said championship respected my request as much as Seb respected Multi 21.
When I accelerate the race and rejoin on lap 21, several drivers still haven't stopped although the strategy i set for the race should make them do so, as if the game was overwriting my modification with the vanilla strat.

For info I use gpxpatch, gp4tweaker is installed but i used it only to up the damage a little bit because the cars felt like Panzerkampfwagens when going into a wall.

Any advice on how to use cmagic or what I could be doing wrong ?

As always thanks for your help.
Sandro Calligaris

EDIT: Okay the problem is half races then, I'll just reduce the number of laps of a 100% race

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2020 03:47PM by Calligaris.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy