Date: January 25, 2020 11:23AM
Posted by: 8613F_Haris
Hi guys, another question today
So my dad has Lenovo T400 laptop with this specs:
- Intel Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 GHz
- Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family
- 2GB RAM
- DirectX 11
So my dad also want to play GP4 in his laptop. I installed the game like before (install GP4, install Patch9.6, copy the decrypted .exe). When i try to run the game, the game was only showing black screen and then return to the windows. I try changing compatibility to XP SP3, that didn't work. I also uninstalled some printer driver as "The Ultimate GP4 Guide" suggest, that also didn't work. Anyone can see what is the problems? Did my dad's laptop specs doesn't enough for GP4?
Re: Now for laptop
Date: January 25, 2020 01:15PM
Posted by: SkaaningeN
look, sometimes when you install fresh on a modern PC the game can be hard to get to run properly.
I installed the game on an older PC (Win Vista) and has copied the whole gamefolder to my new computer (first Win 7 and now to Win 10)
and it works perfectly. Only issue I have is that I need to run it in windowed mode, but that's not an issue for me.
Could be a solution for you

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Date: January 25, 2020 02:42PM
Posted by: 8613F_Haris
SkaaningeN Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> look, sometimes when you install fresh on a modern
> PC the game can be hard to get to run properly.
> I installed the game on an older PC (Win Vista)
> and has copied the whole gamefolder to my new
> computer (first Win 7 and now to Win 10)
> and it works perfectly. Only issue I have is that
> I need to run it in windowed mode, but that's not
> an issue for me.
> Could be a solution for you
Hmm, i don't have any older OS, but thanks for the solutions!
Date: February 14, 2020 10:35AM
Posted by: BillDaBest
1) Your dad is cool

2) Damn,that card is ancient

3) You could go to properties and change the compability to Windows XP SP2, Windows 98 and go on until the game doesn't have a black screen.
Date: February 15, 2020 03:17AM
Posted by: mortal
Change the properties of gp4.exe to try the additional OS modes. Set the exe to run in admin mode, that might help as well.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy