Wheel not working with pit menu

Posted by Hrafnkolbrandr 
Wheel not working with pit menu
Date: January 10, 2020 02:21PM
Posted by: Hrafnkolbrandr
Hello, I've managed to get my wheel (G27) working with the game; but when I am in the garage, I cannot interact with the pit menu (shown on the ingame steering wheel).

I am able to move up the list (by pressing the accelerator), but not down, and cannot select any of the options- be it with the pedals, wheel, buttons, or keyboard. This unfortunately means I am unable to leave the garage as well.

What am I missing here?
Re: Wheel not working with pit menu
Date: January 12, 2020 10:28PM
Still haven't figured this out. Anybody else run into this? My searching has turned up few results, with someone suggesting to use logitech profiler; but I'm unsure how to use this program or how it is supposed to fix this problem.
Date: January 13, 2020 05:36AM
Posted by: Tommy40F1
Hi there...
I don´t want to ask stupid ... but, did you calibrate the steering ?

Dog
Date: January 13, 2020 06:18AM
Tommy40F1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi there...
> I don´t want to ask stupid ... but, did you
> calibrate the steering ?
>
> Dog

Yes, I calibrated the wheel. The game picks up the paddle shifter during calibration; but the same paddle does not work to make selections in the pit menu. Further, the accelerator will allow me to scroll up the menu, but none of my inputs (wheel, pedals, keyboard keys) will allow me to scroll down it. I cannot even use the menu with the keyboard.
Date: January 13, 2020 06:31AM
Posted by: quickslick
did you used user setup on the right in the steering menu?
Date: January 13, 2020 06:53AM
Posted by: Carl_gpgames
there is a "use combined axis" option in logitech profiler. try this out, it solved several issues i had (also with other games). can't tell you why but it worked for me.
Date: January 13, 2020 02:53PM
I selected 'combined axis', and I can now move up and down the pit menu. Thank you for that.

However I am still unable to make selections in the menu. Game detects paddle fine when clicking it during calibration; but seems not to register when on pit menu still.
Date: January 14, 2020 12:09AM
So here is a detailed update if anyone has a similar problem.

Could not get the paddles to work properly in-game, even though they worked for calibration. To work around this, I ran gpxpatch and rebinded the gearshift up command to 'A'. I then had to use logitech profiler to make the right paddle activate keystroke 'A', and the left paddle activate keystroke 'SHIFT'.

Ingame, I went to advanced control settings in-game and created a new control setup. Set it up as a wheel, and set gearshift up to 'SPACE' (which is actually 'A', and gearshift down to 'SHIFT'.

After that, things now work properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2020 12:44AM by Hrafnkolbrandr.
Date: January 27, 2020 10:08PM
Posted by: Manto
I have a similar issue I want to solve.
I have a logitech g29, in my case up and down are throttle and brake and right paddle selects the menu option
What I'm having issues in is the fact that to go right and left in the menu (like in the fuel menu) I have to turn the wheel right or left, which is highly unprecise. I want to bind the left and right to something else.
Any suggestions?
Thank you a lot
Date: January 29, 2020 04:42AM
That's a tough one, dude. As far as I know the wheel is the default left and right for the pit menu. I know of no way to change it without changing the control method (to keyboard for instance).

Maybe it is possible to use logitech profiler to bind two of the buttons on the wheel as the same as wheel axis right and left?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy