Flickering

Posted by huskyman49 
Flickering
Date: January 01, 2020 03:37PM
Posted by: huskyman49
[de.share-your-photo.com]
[www.mediafire.com]

I'd really like to get rid of that boring flickering which appears on my cars (it's very disturbing - especially on white cars). It's only visible from the distance, the nearer the car comes the more it disappears...
Could the reason for it be located in my graphic settings? Any help is more than welcome hot ;)

Besides I wish all of you a happy and successful new year with lots of new cars and tracks (the pictures are from a BTTC 1993 mod racing at Silverstone, which will be released after I solved that nasty bug.... )

Karl
Re: Flickering
Date: January 01, 2020 04:01PM
Posted by: quickslick
hi Karl, you should change this line in your f1 graphics from 0 to 1

0 ; Enable AdvancedCarShader v2
Date: January 01, 2020 06:40PM
Done. Result: none ;) or in other words: same as before... ;-(
Date: January 01, 2020 06:50PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Are you using lower lods? If yes, I suspect a mapping problem on cars textures...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2020 06:51PM by Excalibur.
Date: January 01, 2020 07:14PM
I don't use lower lods but there might still be a mapping problem existing - Meteoro405 recently tried to teach me how to produce proper Alpha channels but I couldn't find the right function in PS resp. Corel PaintShop Pro so far...
I could tell you how I make up my liveries (generally in Corel) if you want so you could see what I'm probably doing wrong, enabling me to improve it in the future...

Happy new year
Karl
Date: January 01, 2020 08:05PM
Posted by: Excalibur
Well, unfortunately, I don't know Corel. I am making my alpha layers with 3DSMax and Photoshop...
Anyway, I suggest you to open your GP4 cars into Zmodeler and to check UV mapping. Each UV texture mapped on the car must be inside the UV map square.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: January 05, 2020 05:12AM
Posted by: flojoe1097
Could it be this? I could be wrong.

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 05:13AM by flojoe1097.
Date: January 05, 2020 12:52PM
Posted by: rracunis
huskyman49 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't use lower lods but there might still be a
> mapping problem existing - Meteoro405 recently
> tried to teach me how to produce proper Alpha
> channels but I couldn't find the right function in
> PS resp. Corel PaintShop Pro so far...
> I could tell you how I make up my liveries
> (generally in Corel) if you want so you could see
> what I'm probably doing wrong, enabling me to
> improve it in the future...
>
> Happy new year
> Karl

Happened to me many times , unfortunately you have to map again using zmodeler
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy