Any upcoming early xmas gifts for Gp4

Posted by neilcaine 
Any upcoming early xmas gifts for Gp4
Date: December 21, 2019 03:14PM
Posted by: neilcaine
I was just wondering if we might get any Christmas releases or updates to end the season and year on a high

I've seen screenshots over on F1 virtual of Melbourne and Monaco updates but no updates in the last few months

There were updated Mercedes screens on this site but nothing recently

And sadly the amazing quality jvinu2000 gp4 helmet updates seem to have stopped a while ago - is anyone else working on this seasons designs? - Albon Redbull helmet anyone?

I realise that track updates are more difficult to share as you basically have to start with the original track or one you alone have already updated and not something anyone else has worked on but it just seems a shame that a lot of the amazing people who work on GP4 are maybe moving on to other things or maybe the game is just too old now

Anyway I'd like to say thank you to those talented people who share their work to keep this old game going hopefully for a while yet
Re: Any upcoming early xmas gifts for Gp4
Date: December 21, 2019 04:45PM
Posted by: MSchumi24
You're right, dear Neil.
Lately little material has been released, both of the 2019 season and of others.
I know someone is working on several things, however, it takes a little patience.
However, I still have a lot of passion in GP4 modding, and I hope that the rest of the community will also have the opportunity to work on GP4.
Date: December 21, 2019 10:17PM
Posted by: Isaint
I think the problem is that a lot of the old guard has moved on.
In addition there isn't a lot of communication like there once was. Every now and then something is released then it's down loaded.
The actual interaction with the community has gone and as a result the enthusiasm has wained.
You guys understand because like me we have been here for some time.
It's unfortunate but alas!
All things change.

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Date: December 21, 2019 10:28PM
Posted by: huskyman49
'nothing is safer to me than the uncertain'
Francois Villon, french poet of the 14th century
Date: December 21, 2019 10:32PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Good things comes to those who wait, I'm sure there will be presents during xmas period. It's typical in gp4 community to have some quiet periods and then things will speed up again.

We must understand that it's not mid 2000 anymore, when we had over 10 modders/painters and we had all the cars (and even several different versions)sometimes even before the season started. These days we still have surprsingly many modders with us, but working is slower due to their private lives.
Date: December 21, 2019 11:33PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
I hope i can release gp5 as gift.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 22, 2019 01:12AM
Posted by: quickslick
your tyres would be enough for the moment Ruben ;)
Date: December 22, 2019 09:56PM
Posted by: landex
I want to make gift of interlagos 1980, but is not ready yet: Missing some crowds and lot of ads... and some other bugs:(
I try to release after new year
Date: December 23, 2019 01:31PM
Posted by: Flash Formula
Yeah It's slower here now then back in the old days, but modding racing games has also moved on a lot since then, I come and go all the time on here and come and go on other games as well, it all depends on how my private life goes and what my head wants to do ;-)
What we do need is a checklist of content that hasn't been done for the game yet, so members who jump back in after a long time away can make fresh stuff :-) I'm happy to make some new unavailable stuff, but lost on whats been done already ;)

Date: December 23, 2019 01:59PM
Posted by: Isaint
(Y)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy