> The modern circuits are a bit all the same, they
> have lost the sand escapes and even the small road
> trails that surround the entire route. Even the
> colors have become heavy and annoying, such as the
> fashion to color the outdoor spaces with really
> ugly colors. I certainly prefer an atmosphere
> closer to the nativity of the F1 circuit as it was
> during the years when people could be seen camping
> around the green spaces applauding the winner.
> The images come from a classic F1 circuit with few
> sponsors and plenty of room to run even with some
> risk. The fences and some bales of hay arranged
> along the route with the unforgettable metal
> scaffolding for video shooting.
> There is a lot of space in the internal area
> dedicated to sports teams with the possibility
> also to prow the road machine but looking
> carefully I don't remember where I parked my car
> ...
>
> But what is the name of this circuit that I
> particularly like ? :-O

I so agree with every single word you have written ..... absolutely!:-O

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Re: The mysterious circuit of the past time
Date: October 04, 2019 10:53PM
Posted by: Noog
It all looks tremendous so far. Really looking forward to this one.
Date: October 04, 2019 11:22PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Noog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It all looks tremendous so far. Really looking
> forward to this one.

Eeeeeeerm, what? ;)
Kind of remind me of this:
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Date: October 05, 2019 11:13AM
Soutsen Wrote:

> Eeeeeeerm, what? ;)
> Kind of remind me of this:
> [www.grandprixgames.org],
> 1133246#msg-1133246

I was assuming that the Zolder circuit was heading towards being a part of the '76 project; which I am most definitely looking forward to.

As for the WIP mod you link to, I have to admit that for post-2000 cars they do manage to look rather appealing, but I bet in truth they too are bristling with DNA-destroying RF antennae and childish little stickers that say things like "Warning: This item may cause burns when hot". Back when I was a lad we just burnt our hands and pretended like it didn't hurt as everybody laughed at us - and we didn't even think of crying & going on TV to tell our story or filing a lawsuit either!

I noticed in a post recently that you are a fan of modernity. Not me. I much preferred it back when we were still humans BEING, as opposed to the isolated zombie-like husks I see shuffling around today.

Still, back on topic, I really do like the feel of that Zolder rendition. I just wish it had a few cows like the Osterreichring. I never fail to check on them at least once every race and they always make me smile.

One day, when I find out how to do it, I might just edit the sound for that track and a few distant moos. That was one of the things I loved about GPLegends: the way the tracks had their own unique background ambience. I mean, how cool would it be if when you drove under a helicopter in GP4 you could actually hear it a little? IIRC someone did a good job with one of the circuits by the seaside where you can hear the waves but it's a shame the sound capabilities in GP4 were never really developed as fully as they might have been.
Date: October 05, 2019 04:36PM
Posted by: Lacrowe

... freely inspired by reading the latest comments

The Zoolder circuit of which I took the images was also used for the rF simulator with which I was able to drive for a few hours using a very realistic simulator owned by a boy living in my city.
I am convinced that GrandPrix Legend has been able to teach so much to the simulators created later, and certainly even this classic version of Zolder derives from a very faithful conversion.
My race did not go well, initially I won the 9th position on the starting grid on 9 racing cars. Using some shoes with a bit of heel I didn't have a great sensibility in managing the accelerator, and therefore after several overshooting the engine, it abandoned me with a big cloud of white smoke decreeing me the end of my race.
The animals are quite funny if placed at the edge of the Zolder circuit because I believe that animals are not so interested in seeing cars running at high speed. I don't have the chance to drive again with the simulator but I am sure that being able to create my own sports team, it could be called: "Pinksheep racing star" it is so pretty that it would also be the main brand on the bodywork of the car.
I forgot about Red cow, which looks like a model more suited to males but who would take that group by challenging my pretty Pink sheep ?
Date: October 05, 2019 05:03PM
Posted by: GP2tifoso28
I agree, not interested in any modern track and ironically the last season of f1 with proper tracks was 2001 the year of gp4, after that they destroyed hockenheim and slowly destroyed all the others. Why is there run off at parabolica it completely destroyed the corner
Date: October 05, 2019 07:34PM
Lacrowe Wrote:
...Zoolder circuit...

Ah yes. Now I get it!

> I am convinced that GrandPrix Legend has been able
> to teach so much to the simulators created later...

Me too.

> Using some shoes with a bit of heel...

Good heavens woman! What were you thinking?

>it abandoned me...

What a marvellous way to put it.

> The animals are quite funny if placed at the edge
> of the Zolder circuit because I believe that
> animals are not so interested in seeing cars
> running at high speed.

Well it's funny you should say that because now I have an opposite day story to tell you...

Last year I found myself driving down a country lane with a farmer leaping about in the road and waving frantically at me to put into a gateway. Unfortunately I was too stupid to realise what he meant and I ended up stopping in the road, wondering why his face had a look of abject horror creeping over it.

With that, the ground started to rumble and two or three seconds later about 80 cows came charging around the corner. I mean really running. Including the grass verges there was about four feet to one side of my vehicle and about 4 feet to the other.

"Oh..., bother", I thought to myself as I contemplated my predicament. "This might not be a great day". With few options open to me I decided to try to project my aura into their consciousness with all the psychic energy I could muster. "Relax ladies. Please take it easy. Relax", I thought to myself as the tidal wave descended.

Amazingly, although several of the cows upon seeing their exit blocked by other cows looked absolutely guaranteed to leap through my windscreen they each somehow managed to break out of their stampeding mindset for just long enough to sidestep my vehicle like ballerinas without doing anything more than pushing back the wing mirrors. You should have seen me smile when the last one got through. "Well DONE girls!", I said out loud as I began to drive off. "That was absolutely f-ing amazing and I salute you", I continued, relieved that I hadn't quite peed myself.

That's a 100% true story and without a doubt you can be sure that I'd be honoured to do battle under the sign of the RedCow. I owe them one - although naturally I would endeavour not to be too hard on the pretty Pink sheep, especially if you promise to wear heels again.

;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2019 07:34PM by Noog.
Date: October 05, 2019 09:58PM

... heel shot Red cow !

Many males do not know some problems that females have, and among these is the height that is always a problem concerning women. I had the opportunity during the summer to have fun with a gaming station equipped with a steering wheel and a very sporty chair to run on the Zoolder circuit. In spite of myself, however, I did not manage to touch the pedals that controlled the accelerator and the brake of the car I had chosen.
The seat was in an almost reclining position despite the fact that three monitors showed me the whole panorama of the Belgian circuit, and with the skirt and the shoes with heels I struggled to find a comfortable position to play.

... hit Pink sheep again !

The pilots' helmet is uncomfortable, but why are there no holes for passing long hair ?

Males run practically in such a flat position that their arms pass between their legs to guide, while for a woman all this is quite inconvenient. I did not look for victory in this competition of only 9 cars, but at least I realized my dream, namely to demonstrate that a woman can drive for more than one lap without ending up over the limit of the circuit. If males prefer women with high heels it is because we seem much taller, but without doubt the driving simulators have different tastes and considering that my race is over before finishing the whole number of laps I can also be right .
Date: October 05, 2019 11:00PM
Sounds like a nice set up. Three screens too. Very nice indeed. I've never had anything like a proper racing rig myself although I did once have a few goes in someone else's; but the seat could be raised or lowered and adjusted in relation to the pedals (for his children) which I thought was a nice touch. He was good at welding and making things and he built it himself.

Holes for long hair? It's an interesting idea but might it not be more painful when you took it off? Also, if someone's engine blew up in front of you, you'd be stuck washing your hair for days. I'm all for it though. I think hair is a very good thing and I wish there was much more of it in the world - especially on my own head...

Bah! Those testosterone soaked men and their wicked ways... Any excuse to get their hands between their legs!

(I'd never do such a thing of course - my chair doesn't recline far enough).

;)
Date: October 06, 2019 11:25AM

A long leap into the future to see how my classic Zoolder circuit has changed

After a few corners of the circuit, an unexpected slowdown appears in front of me, braking abruptly and entering the 3rd gear ...

Continuing the circuit I am still another unexpected slowdown, again stepping on the brake and entering the 2nd gear ...

The Zoolder bridge still exists, the motor begins to resume the grumble of the recovery so I am going to press the speed pedal fully down and select up to 5 gear ...

I feel a slight breeze on my hair I can still try to get a good time, but another slowdown prevents me from making the curve at full throttle,
I have to brake abruptly and select the 2nd gear again by giving some thrust on the accelerator ...

The engine signals me a sudden increase in temperatures, maybe I requested a little too much from my car.
But what do my eyes see there ? another slowdown before reaching the finish line ?
I have not yet resumed the revs of the engine that I have to put back up to 1 gear ...

An overview of the Zoolder circuit with all the slowdowns

My team the Pinksheep racing star makes the 9th time and in the pits they warn me that it is not regulating the use of my miniskirt, in fact the ground effect would have come towards the end of the 70s. The regulations penalized the peculiarity of some circuits like Zoolder which in all respects was a circuit immersed in the green with some unevenness generated by nature in which the F1 cars ran to win the coveted trophy.

Males are not very available when they are asked about the possibility of having a driving position where I do not have to run in a lie down as if I were a torpedo ready to be expelled from a submarine. The use of gloves to drive a steering wheel during the game is something I don't really understand.
Before turning on the engine of my car, the boy explained to me the use of the various controls on the steering wheel and also on the gear lever. Press the letter A to activate the anti-rolling on the wheels, then press the K key to activate the start control but be careful to remove the automatic braking system with the H control which is on the gear lever. Don't have your legs so stiff that you don't get to the pedals, and keep your head down towards the reference notch you find on the steering wheel to make a wide-angle bend. Tie the hair with the handkerchief because the speakers positioned on the sides of the chair are very delicate, and then and then and then ...

But how does a woman have fun on a gaming station if she has to comply with all these obligations before making a few laps on the circuit ?
Date: October 06, 2019 02:13PM
Speechless. Beautiful pics. (Y)

"lie down as if I were a torpedo ready to be expelled from a submarine". Another marvellous turn of phrase.

As a keyboard driver, I don't really have to deal with the press this, press that, do this weird thing problem. My hands have warped permanently into the appropriate pattern.

PS: No gloves + racing behind female with long hair for extended period = sweaty palms = rotten and sticky leather steering wheel.
Date: October 06, 2019 03:46PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Miss Lacrowe, you can join the AI GPGSL as a test driver because the upcoming race is in Zolder.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 06, 2019 11:45PM

Is this model used in GPGSL ?
Date: October 07, 2019 08:22AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Yep.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy