The mysterious circuit of the past time

Posted by Lacrowe 
The mysterious circuit of the past time
Date: October 01, 2019 12:18AM
Posted by: Lacrowe

The modern circuits are a bit all the same, they have lost the sand escapes and even the small road trails that surround the entire route. Even the colors have become heavy and annoying, such as the fashion to color the outdoor spaces with really ugly colors. I certainly prefer an atmosphere closer to the nativity of the F1 circuit as it was during the years when people could be seen camping around the green spaces applauding the winner.
The images come from a classic F1 circuit with few sponsors and plenty of room to run even with some risk. The fences and some bales of hay arranged along the route with the unforgettable metal scaffolding for video shooting.
There is a lot of space in the internal area dedicated to sports teams with the possibility also to prow the road machine but looking carefully I don't remember where I parked my car ...

But what is the name of this circuit that I particularly like ? :-O

Re: The mysterious circuit of the past time
Date: October 01, 2019 12:50AM
Posted by: quickslick
i have no clue what the name is, but the track looks very nice and interesting :)(Y)
Date: October 01, 2019 12:59AM
Posted by: TomMK
Zolder.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: October 01, 2019 02:10AM
Posted by: Excalibur
Reims-Gueux?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Date: October 01, 2019 08:09AM
Posted by: Soutsen
Seems like Zolder to me, though I cannot spot the lake at the first sector, nor the Kleine chicane, so I might be wrong (at one screen with the elevations change looks a bit like Oulton-Park, but this is certainly not that one)

And I do agree that the Tilkedroms look generic and all the same mostly, even though they've tried to create some special surroundings around it, like these odd-looking tribune roofs at Shanghai or at Sepang (which is the best track of his, certainly) or painted ground at Sakhir (which to me looked more pleasing during the day conditions - btw dunno why they've deceided to make it a night GP at all, cos Sakhir isn't a city track, and there's no eye-catching effect at the background with the city lights or something, just the darkness only, lol). While all the historical tracks have their own fashion, even though they try to make them to be as dull as the rest of the modern tracks (asphalt run-off at Parabolica for example). Yet, I think that Eau-Rouge corner at Spa must be re-profiled to make it safer (my thoughts on this described there and I stand on them still).

Also, the most boring of the latest tracks must be a Sochi circuit, which is a shame for a Russian me and I have zero interest in visiting such boring track, even though I follow F1 since my early days and have finally a man to cheer for in the modern F1 (Leclerq) :(

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 08:18AM by Soutsen.
Date: October 01, 2019 08:22AM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
It is Zolder.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: October 01, 2019 08:36AM
Then it's the global warming arises :( :

Date: October 01, 2019 05:48PM
Posted by: petrus
I agree with Lacrowe. For me the old tracks are feeling more natural than the newer ones.
The name of the circuit is indeed "Zolder". The images are showing the 1967 version. Is it the track from Grand Prix Legends?

petrus' gpaedia files
Date: October 01, 2019 06:02PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Excalibur escribió:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Reims-Gueux?

Im working in 1960 Reims-Gueux version. Trying to create that nostalgic atmosphere.
I take the opportunity to ask if anyone has contact with TGF1DRIVER (dat author), he does not login here, since March 14, 2017 ...

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: October 01, 2019 06:36PM
His alter ego: [www.grandprixgames.org]

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: October 01, 2019 07:22PM
:-o Thanks Ruben!

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: October 01, 2019 07:35PM
Soutsen Schreef:
> Then it's the global warming arises :( :
> [i.imgur.com]

Lake arose later.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Date: October 01, 2019 07:36PM
Ariel i think i have the dat file, if you want it
Date: October 01, 2019 07:48PM
Thanks Jürgen I have it (and already well modified ...) I just wanted the author's permission of the dat

SEEDED FIELDS ...

Keeping alive the GP4

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 08:02PM by Meteoro405.
Date: October 01, 2019 09:22PM
ah ok :) the track looks very promising, can't wait to drive on it :).
Date: October 01, 2019 11:07PM
Posted by: Lacrowe
Many thanks to all of you for taking the time to find the correct name for this historic Belgian circuit.
Through some teams, I traveled this virtual circuit even though the engine left me during the last lap, maybe a woman is not so good at running a car by wearing high-heeled shoes. :-O

The simulator that I used during this race, uses the Zolder circuit inspired by the time when there was a lot of green beyond the curb that was felt during the passage, and although I didn't finish the race I had a lot of fun running my way against the most skilled and experienced males.

The lake existed all right, just look at this last image in which it appears well in the background. What a love of the circuit was this ... (K)
Date: October 01, 2019 11:12PM
Posted by: munnzy
Like this thread a lot plenty of run off and gravel
Date: October 02, 2019 12:47AM
Posted by: tojepo
Meteoro405 écrivait:
> Im working in 1960 Reims-Gueux version. Trying to create that nostalgic atmosphere.
> I take the opportunity to ask if anyone has contact with TGF1DRIVER (dat author), he does not login here, since March 14, 2017 ...

@Meteoro

I think the DAT you're talking about is mine.
I did it and I gave it to him because his version doesn't work >>> [www.grandprixgames.org]

He specifies it in his readme file

► So you can use it

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cl323fcwf2i61/GP4_Files';] >>> My Other Tracks for GP4 <<<[/url]
Date: October 02, 2019 01:35PM
Sorry for the confusion, thanks for your permission!

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: October 02, 2019 07:17PM
This does indeed looks like a GPLegends circuit, so there's totally no shame in not finishing the race, to say the least (especially if that was just a car failure). When I had two lenghty attempts of approaching to this sim I like always had myself crashing the car mostly (was using the keyboard tho). It's like you need days of training to learn even a single circuit, just like the real drivers of that era did with the legthy practice sessions, in order to be any competative. I'm actually surprised that you've chosen to race at this - it maybe one of the most challenging and advanced simulators to replicate that certain era of the sport. Anyway, like I always do, when the talk goes around GPLegends, I can only recommed the GPLaps YouTube channel series of '65, '66 and also '55 full seasons (well - 65 is full, while 66 is unfinished and 55 is in process, I believe):

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]-
[www.youtube.com]

These vids are totally epic and I enjoyed them a lot since I've found them years ago. The races may be a little bit lenghty for some taste (tho I think that he found the right balance) and some may even lack action (well, like the real life racing is not always Dijon'79), but the dude is an ecxellent driver and his comments while driving are both clever and entertaining. The graphics are great too, and his use of a trackir device does incredibly well for immersion. Was a perfect pastime watching him racing while drinking cups of tea, I wish there were more of his vids

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2019 07:19PM by Soutsen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy