NTT Indycar Series CSM MOD 2019 - Released 19/10/2019

Posted by rracunis 
NTT Indycar Series CSM MOD 2019 - Released 19/10/2019
Date: September 21, 2019 10:29AM
Posted by: rracunis
There are some Indycar MODs made in the past , I am a bit worried in giving the credits to the authors wrongly as it is not exactly well clear who were the authors of them , anyway I will try . In 2002 , Diego Noriega (Oggo) and Adriano Bariggi (Adry77) released the CART 2002 MOD . The same authors released the Champcar 2003 MOD . In 2006 , the RSP group in cooperation with IDT group released the ChampCar 06/05 for GP4 . Finally in 2008 , Meteoro405 released the Indycar 2008 MOD . I do not know if other MODs were released , if so let me know , I can edit this post at anytime .
Three Indycar MODs were released by myself , the 2016 to 2018 seasons MODs , which were conversions from the great Rfactor MODs made by Vitor "Shadow" Souza in collaboration with Stex1973 and PA Popov . Their MOD was based on the IndyCar 2009 mod for Rfactor made by Mike Peters with many modifications . Thank you to them for having given me the permissions to convert those MODs .
This project , the NTT Indycar 2019 CSM MOD , is a totally new one and is based on the NTT Indycar Rfactor MOD presented by the Remy Group and Apex Modding . Their original RFactor MOD is very well done and was a challenge to do something nice for the GP4 . Thank you so much to them for the permission to convert their original amazing MOD .
There are more than 11 teams and more drivers than 22 in the Official 2019 Indycar Season and the GP4 is limited to only 11 teams and 22 drivers in the grid only .
The original RFactor MOD made by the Remy Group and Apex Modding is quite detailed , having many different specifications according to the tracks of the season ( Road courses , Oval circuits and Speedway Oval circuits ) . Some drivers switched from one team to other in the middle of the season , sometimes changing even to teams with different engines , racing in the first part of the season in a team powered by Honda and in the remaining season in a team powered by Chevrolet . For all these reasons , I had to make changes and had to “forget” some drivers and had to use Helio Castroneves in all the races of the season . I apologize for that , I needed to do that , otherwise would be impossible to create the performance's files and even the MOD’s configuration . You should find other weird things and errors , all related to the same reasons .
The original authors made Rfactor MOD which has more than hundred different skins and was a bit hard to convert all the skins used without mistakes . Therefore , if you find any problem with the textures and shapes let me know . Be aware that only the cars and helmets' textures and the cars shapes were update along with the teamart and visors , the rest of the MOD has the same stuff of the others released previously .
Finally , the MOD is huge ( about10 GB ) , specially the cars folder and I had to reduce this folder by half to make the MOD playable and , obviously , the quality of the textures reduced a bit but there was no other way . Some of you may find the cars too bright and this happens because of the alpha channels made by the original authors , I prefered to keep the textures original to respect the author’s work .
The MOD is not perfect for sure but was the best I could do . Improvements can be done , any help from the community would be most welcome . The MOD does not have many kilometers in testing and that's why some bugs are expected.
The MOD can be modify at anytime but do not forget to give the credits to all the authors who contributed in any way to its construction . Also do not forget to ask permission for those who do not agree with the policy of sharing works in the GP4.
Concluding , I want to nominate some guys who helped me a lot and taught me a lot of things , improving my skills through their huge skills and knowledge : Meteoro , AUS_Doug , Phantaman , Turbolover , Kedy89 . Besides , I have to mention Monsieur Arnaud (EXCALIBUR) and Monsieur Bernard (GEZERE) who taught me how to deal with Zmodeler and will be both my mentors forever .

=======================================================================
19/10/2019 - NTT Indycar 2019 CSM GP4 MOD
=======================================================================

Author and compiler : Rracunis

Here you can find the credits to the authors who support me by giving permission to use their stuff in this mod. Thank you to all of them who have made amazing works for the car racing simulation . Please let me know if I forgot someone or made mistakes related with the author of some work in order to sort all the things out properly .

Cap files : Lee71 , Phantaman & whoever did them
Cars conversion ( textures and shapes ) : Rracunis
Cars shapes : Remy Group and Apex Modding
Cars textures (original ) : Remy Group and Apex Modding
Cockpit shape : Indycar MOD 2008 modified by Rracunis
Cockpit textures : Indycar MOD 2008 modified by Rracunis
CSM Editing : Superman77 , Vicenzo ( jakobdylan ) , JCaranti, Meteoro , BigBrother, Kedy89, TomMK , Phantaman . Erik van Leeuwen and Petrus
CSM Icons : Thanks to whoever did them
CSM Menu Pics : Kedy89 , Rracunis , Petrus & whoever did them
-Driversuits : Stex1973
Engineers : Augusto Gibim
Engine sound : TeamBPR , TTM , Lee71 and engine sound of the Cart 2002 , Champcar 2003 e 2006 MODs
Event Sounds : Briere, Shlund , Mclarenaustralia , Nobu-Areo , lewis-hamilton00 and Lee71
GPaedia : Rraccunis based on Petrus' work )
GPxPatch : Rene Smith (SDI) and Lo2k
GPxPatch flags : TDL (TheDarkListener)
Grid cars : Rracunis
Helmet (Shape) : Original Rfactor MOD
Helmet (Textures) : Remy Group and Apex Modding
HUD : Samuele Pinna (32BOBO32)
Logos : Rracunis
Marshalls : Augusto Gibim
Menu Background : Josekast & whoever did them
Overlays : Cire90 , F1Virtual , René Smit (GpxPatch) and TheDarkListener
Pit_props : Gp4 original game
Pitcrews : Augusto Gibim
Pitboard : Tony
Physics and GP4.exe : Extreme - Josekast ( based on the F1 2011 MOD ) and Real - Indy 2008 MOD
Performances : Boost performance – Josekast ( Fictional modified performance based on the F1 2010 MOD) . Real performance – Indy 2008 MOD
Steering wheels (Internal) : AUS_DOUG
Steering wheels (External) : TurboLover, Lee71 , Briere , Rracunis
Teamart : Rracunis
Tyres and rims : AUS_DOUG
Visors : Rracunis

INSTALLATION :

1. Download the files
2. Open the CSM
3. Go to File/Install carset
4. Choose the file IndyCar Series 2019.cuh file , click YES in the message , install it
5. Repeat the steps 3 and 4 to install the files IndyCar Series 2019_1.cuh and IndyCar Series 2019_2.cuh

DOWNLOAD LINKS

1. IndyCar Series 2019.Cuh : [www.mediafire.com]
2. IndyCar Series 2019_1.CSM ( Cars ): [www.mediafire.com]
3. IndyCar Series 2019_2.CSM ( Cars ): [www.mediafire.com]

4. Grid cars HD resolution : [www.mediafire.com]

5. Teamart .text fix : [www.mediafire.com]

===============================================================
Thanks to all others who have helped to keep this game alive.
===============================================================

Hope you like and have fun .

Ricardo ( Rracunis )

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2019 04:21PM by rracunis.
Re: NTT Indycar Series MOD 2019 - WIP
Date: September 21, 2019 01:33PM
Posted by: nhorry
Looking great so far!! (Y) :-)
Date: September 21, 2019 05:16PM
Posted by: Soutsen
Yey, very nice (Y)

Date: September 21, 2019 06:24PM
Posted by: Guimengo
This is the source post:
[forum.studio-397.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2019 05:03AM by Guimengo.
Date: September 21, 2019 06:32PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Very good.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 21, 2019 06:48PM
Date: September 21, 2019 06:49PM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the source:
> [forum.studio-397.com]
> 9-ntt-indycar-series-by-apex-remy.63202/

Yeah it is !
Date: September 21, 2019 10:46PM
Posted by: fongu
Looking forward to this one :)

Date: September 23, 2019 01:37PM
I have had the bug as you can see in the image below and tried already everything to sort it out , there is a difference on the textures between the nose and the rest of the car's body . I had to reduce the numbers of faces using Polygon Cruncher but , different than other times , I reduce all big parts separately before assembly them , didn't reduce the faces of all the car togheter . Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Date: September 23, 2019 01:59PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
This gonna be good.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 23, 2019 03:49PM
it's merged polygons that weren't previously merged - or were smoothed by having more polygons. You need to detach the inner polygons from the inside of the nose and then recalculate the normals. It looks like you have this issue on other parts of the car too.

Date: September 23, 2019 03:58PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Very good news!!!!

Você é o homem da minha vida!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: September 23, 2019 06:24PM
fongu Wrote:
> it's merged polygons that weren't previously
> merged - or were smoothed by having more polygons.
> You need to detach the inner polygons from the
> inside of the nose and then recalculate the
> normals. It looks like you have this issue on
> other parts of the car too.

Thank you so much Kev for your reply , you're more than a master , I don't have enough skills to reach near of your level , impossible to me .
The original size of the car has 170k faces and I had to drop it down to 65k only . Moreover , there are 3 different car's objects ( road , oval and semi oval ) and tons of teams and textures , all has to be optimized to be used with GP4 . I've managed to improve the issue with of the nose as you can see below , the problems on the other parts of the car at least are not so evident .

Date: September 24, 2019 12:58PM
good job, 65k of faces sounds enough and the shape still looks great. I would offer to help with the normals issue, but I can't guarantee when I'll have time

Date: September 24, 2019 03:48PM
fongu Wrote:
> good job, 65k of faces sounds enough and the shape
> still looks great. I would offer to help with the
> normals issue, but I can't guarantee when I'll
> have time

Thank you Kev
Date: September 24, 2019 04:51PM
First screenshots ingame . Still needs a lot of work

Date: September 24, 2019 05:35PM
Posted by: Meteoro405
Amazing!

Mods & Tracks for GP4 - [www.mediafire.com]

Keeping alive the GP4
Date: September 25, 2019 08:29AM
Please someone can help me to modify the driver's object , bending the object on the left making it as the object on the right of the image below . If so I send the object to you
Thanks in advance

Date: September 25, 2019 05:19PM
Posted by: ricboca
rracunis Wrote:
> Please someone can help me to modify the driver's
> object , bending the object on the left making it
> as the object on the right of the image below .
> If so I send the object to you
> Thanks in advance
>
>
> [i.imgur.com]

Do not have any experience with Rfactor2 conversion (never tried), but there shall be usually an external driver object which is in the actual driving position, this is normally included on any of the car model objects, have you tried to find that one?

PS Your DTM 2018 mod is great and fun to drive. Keep it up!!
Date: September 25, 2019 05:50PM
Posted by: Isaint
Awesome!!(Y)

" Perfection is not a gift ....... it comes with practice."

Member of R.S.C.T Group
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy