Help needed - wrong rim colours

Posted by Soutsen 
Help needed - wrong rim colours
Date: September 08, 2019 02:28AM
Posted by: Soutsen
It's me again. Now I have a weird problem with the tweaker - rims are coloured totally not accordingly to rimscolors.ini:
[youtu.be]
I know I can turn this tweak off by setting RimsColors to 0 at gp4tweak.ini and change the rim colors with the TeamEditor 3.5, but it won't be car-specific, and anyway I just want my tweaker to be working right :-/

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 04:57AM by Soutsen.
Re: Help needed - wrong rim colours
Date: September 08, 2019 03:01AM
this is certainly some kind of bug with the inner side of the rims being colored differently :-/

Date: September 08, 2019 07:24AM
Posted by: rracunis
The bug should be related with the rim's files , you have to check the rims .gp4 and tex files
Date: September 09, 2019 12:06PM
Posted by: Hega
In your rimscolors.ini you have:

driver01 = #363026
driver02 = #363026
driver03 = #363026

But I think it should be:

MSchumacher = #363026
Barrichello = #363026
Hakkinen = #363026

The names have to match the aliases that are defined for each car in the beginning of rimscolors.ini
Date: September 09, 2019 09:20PM
Well, thank you both for replies, but I'm still unable to fix that issue. The rims are taken from this mod. This mod has RimsColors set to 0 at its gp4tweak.ini but setting it to 1 has no effect on changing the rim colours. So, I've extracted the tyres and rims from it and have put them into the original cars.wad, as you can see on the video. With this I have rims being colored with the default game colours (can be changed with TeamEditor) when I have RimsColors set to 0 at my gp4tweak.ini and all the rainbow set (as can be seen on video) with RimsColors set to 1. Hega was right about driver names being wrong, but fixing them had no actual effect - when I enable RimsColors I still have this mess with the rims. I believe that I've copied all the rim-related textures from the mod (I've checked the linked rim-textures names with GP4Builder), maybe it is just the mod itself lacks some needed textures, I dunno :-/

Changing colors with the TeamEditor works as it should - here's the red ones for example:

...but I still would like to have them being linked to the tweaker values.

The only guess I currently have is that the issue may be caused by the wrong usage of [TyreTextureNames],[TreadTextures] and [WheelTextures] at the perfs on my side. But tweaking these for now I've been unable to fix the issue either...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2019 10:06PM by Soutsen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy